Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divinity's Reach: "Looking Forward- 5 Things ArenaNet Needs to Change in the Coming Year

FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

See the Link:  http://divinitysreach.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-forward.html

A Small Excerpt: "The year is rapidly coming to a close, and the rewards have been rolling out for Guild Wars 2.  GW2 has won best PC game by IGN, best MMO of 2012 (and also "Most Disappointing") by Massively, and came in second just behind Pirate101 over at MMORPG.com (yes...that was certainly surprising.)  It seems that everybody has something to say about Guild Wars 2, both good and bad.

Guild Wars 2 has certainly been successful.  Every other major MMO company that released this year has suffered layoffs, restructuring, and replacements of top employees.  ArenaNet has been the exception...(arguably I am not counting the realignment currently going on at Guild Wars 2's publisher NCsoft.)  However, with success comes criticism, often well-deserved..  I think we can all agree, ArenaNet hasn't done everything right."

Please visit the site for the full article, thank you!

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Checked out your blog and almost completely agree with everything you discuss, good work.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Huh... I agree. Nice article. I give ANet credit for all they've done so far, but those are great points you make.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I agree with all of these, although one thing to note is that Halloween and Wintersday have always been GW's major holiday events. I think the one-time event boom is almost over by now.
  • FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

Thanks guys for your appreciation.  

@Scalpless:  You are probably right, and we won't see another one-time event for some time.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

Talk about having your head in the sand.

Alot of blue sky and brown-nosing going on.

GW2 has peaked, 5 years of hype sold a few million copies, no where near thier target and sales have pretty much dropped off now that the word on the street is that despite the window dressing trinity less based combat, and pretty landscapes, it is the same old, same old grindy cash shop end game anyone can get for free from plenty of other Asian F2P grindfests.

No longer at the top or near it, of bestseller lists, revenue from new players is gone, so it's pure milk the deep pocket 600 gold is nothing to buy a legendary crowd from here on out. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

to get me playing again

World vs World

1 have player names

2 have different borderlands maps not the same one cloned 3 times

3 make it less of a gold sink, dont force me to pve to pvp

4 dont let players swap servers willy nilly

5 dont automatically swap the server pairings, have the server shuffle there for situations of extreme imbalance only

otherwise its lacking compared to ps2

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

I agree with the op, and I also wish that some people would accept the fact that Guild Wars 2 is still young and no release has been perfect, and I couldn't stress that factor enough!  I personally like how GW2 is at present and can only hope it gets even better.  I make this comment here because I see this probably turning ugly, as most threads do when the haters join in.  Seriously guys, if you don't like the game, no one is forcing you to play it.  I honestly don't get all the haters for this game but I guess its like any other game these guys seem to bash because its not like or too much like their precious WoW they seem to cling onto so dearly, whether they love it or hate it.

imageimage