Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge English Version in the Works

2»

Comments

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

I asked him if the 4 other races would be in an expansion pack or patch and he said patch, I didn't know they don't sell expansion packs like they do here

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Finally!

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

I asked him if the 4 other races would be in an expansion pack or patch and he said patch, I didn't know they don't sell expansion packs like they do here

Well i do hope they pick a good publisher then because if not this game could die out in the west. Western companies chase the themepark games like crazy and could ruin this great potential of a game.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Onomas

Well i do hope they pick a good publisher then because if not this game could die out in the west. Western companies chase the themepark games like crazy and could ruin this great potential of a game.

I hope it's one publisher for all western regions (or at least decent ones). I think Europe has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to Korean MMORPG publishers.

Shame! Europe is 700+ million inhabitants. Imagine what portion of that is potential customers.

• DeathIsCloseDeathIsClose Member Posts: 23

Anyone knows who is the "host" of the EU version or US version ?

Its awesome that it comes to EU but if its gonna be hosted by some fail publisher like Tera ( EU ) the game will be bad because of that.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by Onomas

I hope it's one publisher for all western regions (or at least decent ones). I think Europe has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to Korean MMORPG publishers.

Shame! Europe is 700+ million inhabitants. Imagine what portion of that is potential customers.

Frogster/Gameforge <3

Edi: Lol as I post this someone above me writes about TERA which is what you and I are referring too as well, sheesh frogster, why you so bad.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280
    its nice to see sometimes gameplay vids but till the games out here i will have my first grandson.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

was hoping for other news with the 4 other races. I was looking for a long lvling curve. This info about adding the other 4 races in a "patch" leads me to believe that lving in AA will be very very easy.

Reasons are i feel that the lvling curve would have to fit the into of new races so that others can make/lvl/compete with the current races and wouldnt need to spend a great deal of time in that prossess. Just seems to be the way of the MMO world these days. Make things easy so that those that dont feel like they can/should "waist" there time playing catch up.

I do hope that i am very very wrong about this however but untill i get my hands on this title, i have my sceptic hat on very tight.

Anyonw else have any thought or feeling on this matter?

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    There's no such thing as 'catch up'. There will always be new players joining, always be lower level people, you can't just set up a new server to give the first group of people that happen to join it an 'equal' start, what sense does that make when players join it a few days later. The levelling curve is same as Aion, probably 3 months max level if you're casual and 3 weeks to a month if you burn through it.
  • AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Sounds great, I just hope they don't do the "f2p" model that nickel and dimes everyone to death.  I'd much rather shell out $15-20/mo for as long as the game holds my interest and if they want a cash shop, keep it strictly cosmetic, that doesn't mean offer special storage options or p2w type buffs only available through the shop like another game I used to support.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    There's no such thing as 'catch up'. There will always be new players joining, always be lower level people, you can't just set up a new server to give the first group of people that happen to join it an 'equal' start, what sense does that make when players join it a few days later. The levelling curve is same as Aion, probably 3 months max level if you're casual and 3 weeks to a month if you burn through it.

I was refering to those that had already established themselves and then wants to main one of the new races that may come out in 3 months 6 months 1 year.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

I was about to make a rude comment about the game shooting up to #1 on the hype list. Good thing I looked before posting. It already did.

/facepalm

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

I was refering to those that had already established themselves and then wants to main one of the new races that may come out in 3 months 6 months 1 year.

That has been an issue in every game, ever. New class, new race, and they are behind the times. 

BUT!  If you look at the new race L50 a year from now,  he get to L50 in a set of green gear say. In WoW / Rift / EQ, that would mean they would be at a fraction of the power compared to a raid/crafted geared player.  If the numbers shown for the advantages of a mid ranged weapon or armor, compared to a top of the line one hold true come launch there will be little difference. As long as you still have your buddies / guild / expedition to assist you with gear there should be little is any difficulty 'catching up'.

I will try and find the numbers, but there are 12 grades of gear from the common 'Grey' trash to the top of the line.  A Grey item was like 0.75 of base, a tier 6/7 was 1.55, and a top of the line was 1.75. So a full suit of top of the line crafted, costing tons of rare mats would be what 12-15% better than a midrange set?  Better is Better, sure, but the incremental increases make the better gear more of an Ego booster, than truly God-like as in some games.