Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIFT is worth your money

2»

Comments

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

If it gos F2P i will play it, i already bought it once..even payed over 1 year in subscription, i'm done with subscriptions.

Guild Wars 2 is the only mmorpg worth your money at the moment.

nope

planetside 2

eve

tsw

rift

wow

depending on what you like first and foremost

e.g. i like mass pvp first and foremost so planetside 2 is a better game for me than gw2

gw2 would be the better game for me if i enjoyed pve and pvp equally

dont forget eq, eq2, lotro, ffxi

even TERA if its your thing.

there are people getting their money's worth out of AC2 right now even.

It all depends on what you enjoy.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Rift has been through so many updates and added a lot of good stuff. I do like it more now. However, it is still not the game for me. Although Trion still has not changed what killed the game for me personally, everything else is worth the try for other people.  I hope a next expansion comes with a world changing event so every race will disperse and start in different (and new) starting areas with their own different storylines. Thus adding additional leveling areas from lvl 1 to cap to not force every character you make to go through the exact same quests in the exact same quest hubs in the exact same order. Starting all together, therefore having only 1 leveling path for all characters is what killed the game for me. I am a casual so i enjoy the character progression through the world (with every race) more than i do end game content. 

As i said, aside from that, the game is good and worth the try, but i am staying away because of this, and will always keep an eye on it to see if that is ever changed then i will come back.

• KWLGAMEKWLGAME Member Posts: 6
    what is ur level then ?  i have to say this game become more popular and hot since storm legion :)
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Rif is not worth my money. They got enough of it and I was ultimately unsatisfied. I respect Trion as they seem like a decent company. But their world is bland and their races/factions even blander. Playing an elf just felt like a different version of the human model, etc. Not real sense of being a different race.

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581
    I was really not impressed with Rift at all.  The game was polished though, I wil give it that.  I do think the company and developers for Trion are talented, they just need to make a more in depth game.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Odysses
    I was really not impressed with Rift at all.  The game was polished though, I wil give it that.  I do think the company and developers for Trion are talented, they just need to make a more in depth game.

curious as to what you mean be in depth.  because the game is probably one of the most involved themeparks you can pick from right now.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    Originally posted by Odysses

curious as to what you mean be in depth.  because the game is probably one of the most involved themeparks you can pick from right now.

The only involved themepark really.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by remyburke
    I love a lot about Rift, and played it for about 4 months, which in this day and age isn't bad for me. That being said, the macro combat and mind-numbing quest hub grinding has taken its toll...well for me at least. If this is your jam however, than rock and roll. :)

I would add the combat animations are no where near as responsive and as fluid as WoW but other then that my sentiments exactly.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Please dont necro month old threads.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.