Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu...I tried it for free and love it!

RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

Just an heads up for all of you.

I am trying Age of Wushu for free and I am loving it.

Much better than I thought.

Give it a try for free, use all graphic settings at maximum, looks awesome. Read the dialogue and task menus for better understanding.

Best regards,

RJ

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
[laughs]
Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
[walks away]
Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
Sheldon: What?
Penny: This plasma grenade.
[explosion]
Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Tried it, just couldn't get into it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

The game is a bit more complex than smashing 1 or 2 keyboard keys. Actually the combat system looks very nice indeed. I would say this game needs a bit more early dedication and attention than the average western MMO.

But I am really enjoying it..:)

[mod edit]

RJ

[laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    [explosion]
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by RedJorge

The game is a bit more complex than smashing 1 or 2 keyboard keys. Actually the combat system looks very nice indeed. I would say this game needs a bit more early dedication and attention than the average western MMO.

But I am really enjoying it..:)

Maybe is not a game for a teenager with short attention span. But definitely a game for an adult.

RJ

Couldn't help but laugh at this entire post. Glad you're enjoying it but how you've explained yourself in this post lost all credibility.

But will agree with the other poster, this should be moved to the AoW category.

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    The game looks interesting but the whole asian theme turns me off, seems really cheesy to me. 
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Gymrat313
    The game looks interesting but the whole asian theme turns me off, seems really cheesy to me. 

It was designed for the biggest MMO market, the far east. I think the EU and Americas will be an after thought.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It's as authentic as old china though. Real locations and bubildings.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    There is a large market over there? I just thought the "market" was an industry guided towards creating revenue off selling in-game currency. Oh well you learn something everyday!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by bcbully

It's as authentic as old china though. Real locations and bubildings.

Yeah people don't actually read up before they comment on the game lol.

No oversized weapons or giggling females with high heels on in this game, it's based on real lore.

It's a brutal feudal MMO that has some features that have never been seen in any MMO, wesatern or Asian.

Imagine if GW2 had the offline featurs of Age Of Wushu, we wouldn't hear the last of it lol.

In a way i'll be glad that it won't get a vast following over here, keep the idiots away.

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318

I bought the game too try it, cause i didn't wanted to wait to try it out.

And it seems to be a big dissapointing to me, so i pissed away alot of money :(

I might try it again later, but so far i am not really into this game.

Sure it looks gorgeous for a f2p game, but i wish it had a feeling of a p2p game.

I find the game also complicated, i chose a school, and logged off for the day.

Next day i relogged, red npc's everywhere wtf? No quests or anything was there.

It might be a bug or something, cause the school i chose was suddenly hostile.

Maybe that i will be giving away my account.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Just an heads up for all of you.

I am trying Age of Wushu for free and I am loving it.

Much better than I thought.

Give it a try for free, use all graphic settings at maximum, looks awesome. Read the dialogue and task menus for better understanding.

Best regards,

RJ

So your only reasoning for liking this game is graphics and it looks awesome?

More details for us still on the fence would be nice, otherwise this is a wasted thread.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Logging on to AoW my experience went something like this,

Whats with all these menus? Wheres my questlog? What missions should I do, where are the missions even at? I was really confused and felt the User Interface was not streamlined at all and the menus were not user friendly either, but at the same time while I was looking through all those menus I couldnt help but to notice how interesting and different it all was. So I kept at and started to learn the system...

The game amazed me and offers an experience that reminds me of the way I felt playing Star Wars Galaxies early on, but with better jumping. Even though a lot of the quests are your average generic kill/gather quests those are more of a support element to AoW. The game is more about the interaction between schools and guilds as players spy, steal and wage war against eachother on large and small scale fronts.

Ive also noticed that in some parts of the world there are areas for sale that guilds can buy and build structures in but aside from that I know nothing on the subject.

Crafting and gathering (I havent done these in depth yet) isnt terrible but isnt anything ground breaking, its not as generic as some other mmos but not as deep as some of the better crafting out there. However there are cultural skills that include calligrapher, musician, painter and weiqi (chess). Each of these cultural skills holds secrets that can be learned and formed into a book which im guessing will result in the player learning some ultimate skill.

Combat is very fun and does a good job of providing that crouching tiger, hidden dragon and Jet Li Hero effect. THE BLOCK BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!!!! And you will die with out using it, all the time. Players unlock their school skills pretty quickly then progress those skills individually through study and team practices. Timing is very important in pvp, spamming 1-7 will only result in a quick death.

Theres a lot more info out there if you check the website guide and id rather be playing then giving my half-assed review, its probably bias anyways. Happy New Year.

(Edit) The L and N buttons will help you keep on track if youre lost and dont know what to do.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

i started a couple days ago,  and am liking it very much,  it is "Different"  fun and lots to learn and do so far, a little bit confusing at first,  but you quickly get a handle on things,  free to try  If ya in a rut with MMO's i recommend giving it a whirl

Different is always fun

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by kirak2009

i started a couple days ago,  and am liking it very much,  it is "Different"  fun and lots to learn and do so far, a little bit confusing at first,  but you quickly get a handle on things,  free to try  If ya in a rut with MMO's i recommend giving it a whirl

Different is always fun

Exactly!

The only problem is most of people is used to "skills rotation" or keys 1 and 2 mash.

The combat in Age of Wushu is awesome but people need to be re-educated and loose the bad habits of WoW, GW2, etc.

Actually I think this game is really innovative in several areas.

And its free to try.

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by kirak2009

Different is always fun

Exactly!

The only problem is most of people is used to "skills rotation" or keys 1 and 2 mash.

The combat in Age of Wushu is awesome but people need to be re-educated and loose the bad habits of WoW, GW2, etc.

Actually I think this game is really innovative in several areas.

And its free to try.

Yea someone was complaining in a video the combat "Stopped" I went and watched and it was just people blocking seeing if the other person was going to do something stupid/insane first. Combat in Wushu is much more responding and anticipating than WoW style spam ( I like combat WoW style as well..just saying). It also varies greatly from person to person as one tangman might have a total different focus of skills than another...or even a few non school skills that will throw your plans for a loop.

I also think some people just don't understand some mechanics and they could do a better job explaining how they work in game, or even on the website...gpatotatoes site is better at this than the US wushu site. For instance another person was saying the skills had a overly long cool down, this is only true if you try and swap skill "sets" mid combat...for instance using a scholars kicking skill set will put all the dual blade skill set on 5 second cool down (many people counter this by using skills that are active for 4 seconds before swapping...but again this is a depth of the system that needs to be explained or experienced to understand.