Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Words you wish MMO players would stop using

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Pay2win

this, and also MMO when its not massive at all.

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Theme Park and Sandbox. These words get thrown around as a means to belittle games one doesn't like; instead of just representing a particular game style.
  • EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    "what build would 1 hit kill a player"

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    90% of people
  • S4ndurS4ndur Member UncommonPosts: 19

Hate it when all you get back in a convo is "U MAD BRO?"

Catch you on the planetside!

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

noob

i hate it. it properly makes me mad.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by kostoslav
    90% of people

Agreed. For some reason it's so hard for people to say "most" or "the majority." It's always gotta be something specific but arbitrary like 90% or 99% or 99.9999%.

• MageickMageick Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar
    Pro.

This.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Sandbox and themepark - get them out of the lexicon.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by botrytis

chuckle

+1 vote for intensive arguments about what "mmorpg" means Truly too.  Or any subdivision thereof.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by botrytis

chuckle

+1 vote for intensive arguments about what "mmorpg" means Truly too.  Or any subdivision thereof.

Oh god yes.  +1

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Tank

Healer

DPS

Quest

End game

Class

That would require change in MMO's though :P 

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Free to play - really is it free to play, or is it a freemium with a cash shop.

dynamic events - if they are dynamic then why do they spawn at the same location

Innovation - i heard this term so many time we should be using cut and paste.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by botrytis Sandbox and themepark - get them out of the lexicon.
    chuckle

I have to agree with this as well. What exactly does it mean now. We used to have massive multiplayer role playing game. But now days massive does not mean massive, and role playing seams to have went the way of the dodo bird.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Veteran
    Refugee
    End game
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    "Not enough content"

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

hater

fanboy

umadbro

innovation

promise

wow-killer

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

zerg

toon (= player character? wtf)

anything with WoW in it

hyperbolic usages of words like "forced"

condescending phrases that do nothing postive

• DesirsarDesirsar Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by Desirsar
    Seriously?  No one is going to say "mob"?  It's an abbreviation for mobile object, and no MMO has been object oriented design like MUDs where the term originates.  They can be "monster", "NPC", or whatever else you want, but they are not and have never been "mob".

Aren't they objects in a game? Assets, as it were? Do they move? Sounds to me like they are, in fact, Mobile OBjects. Unlike other assets like buildings, vehicles, and the like that do not move.

MMOs are a 3-D graphical front end for a database.  Poke at Wikipedia for "object oriented design" and "MUD" and the difference should be apparent.  :)

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394

Toon, themepark, hand holding (or any variation), rails, linear, grind, revolutionize, game breaking, overpowered, pally/illy/anything cut short and made cutesy sounding, wow killer, wow clone, bro, butthurt, rig, anything to do with beer, anything to do with mma, NGE, vanilla, vent...

Gosh, if I had played a MMO in the past 6 months, I could come up with a lot more... But seriously, reading chat in any mmo generally grinds my gears... Mixed martial arts and which beer is better is brought up every night in every game I've played. Also, the typical "In wow I had a 80 ___ with _________, so I know what I'm talking about."

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    I wish people would start saying WoW clone instead of themepark, because we all know thats what they really mean.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

"quality sandbox" - pipe dream

"SWG" & "Meridian 59" - I've heard more people claim to play both than there ever were active players in each.

@Dauntis - taking notes?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Seriously?  No one is going to say "mob"?  It's an abbreviation for mobile object, and no MMO has been object oriented design like MUDs where the term originates.  They can be "monster", "NPC", or whatever else you want, but they are not and have never been "mob".

Aren't they objects in a game? Assets, as it were? Do they move? Sounds to me like they are, in fact, Mobile OBjects. Unlike other assets like buildings, vehicles, and the like that do not move.

MMOs are a 3-D graphical front end for a database.  Poke at Wikipedia for "object oriented design" and "MUD" and the difference should be apparent.  :)

I was fond of 'critturs'.  Mobs always sounded like they should be robots.  :shrug:

"Exterminate!"  Early 8-bit game training, I guess.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• a1csimsa1csims Member UncommonPosts: 24

QFT, ERP, and then people who make fun of stuff like 9/11 or mass school shootings, etc.