Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No /ignore or /block function in a pvp online game?

ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Thats right folks, PS2 has no ignore or block function so there is no way to block asshats spamming you with hate tells.

Im not sure the last online game i can remember without this fundimental command.

Worst still, the reporting function is pretty much useless and nothing is ever done about abusive players.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Comments

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

Good.

I hope it stays that way.

There's too much hand-holding and avoiding social interactions online as it is.

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Um I'm pretty sure I /ignore(d) someone before the holiday break and it registered.  Almost positive it works.  So either the idiot who was spamming stopped talking very coincidentally or he was blocked.
  • IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    It doesn't really do good for social interaction when you are not allowed to block spammers and pests. Really.
  • SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Thats right folks, PS2 has no ignore or block function so there is no way to block asshats spamming you with hate tells.

Im not sure the last online game i can remember without this fundimental command.

Worst still, the reporting function is pretty much useless and nothing is ever done about abusive players.

u mad bro?

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I just team kill annoying people. Someone talks trash i snipe them in the face. I see em purposely shoot a team mate i shoot them. I see them running over people in spawn..... I run. Screw getting ran over!
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

are you sure about that? i recall ignoring a guy or 2, never seen a list of blocked people though.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Never had the need too.

Perhaps if your getting a bunch of "asshats spam and hate tells" you need to look in the mirror.
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by SevenOmatic

u mad bro?

Well, when i can't get away from abusive players then yep, not particualrly happy.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Never had the need too.

Perhaps if your getting a bunch of "asshats spam and hate tells" you need to look in the mirror.

I have never had a need to either, not till today.

I can see your point, getting grief can often be because that person provoked it. This is not the case, but the reason i never went into details is it's not really relevant to the topic. If you really want to know what happened i can pm you the details, but it's not very interresting :)

But on topic /ignore and /block don't seem to work, these commands certainly don't work for me and other players i asked simply said there is no such command in the game currently. Maybe they were working once, not working currently or it's just a buggy system, i can't say for sure.

• EleazarosEleazaros Member UncommonPosts: 206

Do you want a really good laugh about this?

Open chat and enter "/ignore add CharacterName" to ignore the player. All chat and messages from that player will henceforth be silenced.

Now - where does that line come from?  Reporting players -- Official Customer Service forum post by SOE on their  "General Tech Support" forum.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by dimnikar

Good.

LOL

yes,  outfit recruit spam over the command channel is so healthy in the social department.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by dimnikar

Good.

If having some jackass send me hate tells consisting primarily of homophobic racial slurs and other crap is your idea of promoting social interaction, then I don't quite know what to say to you sir.

Maybe you came from CS:S, LoL, or Xbox LIVE?

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Opening up the spot/Q window on a player seems to have a mute/ignore button.

Whether or not there is a chat command to do the same thing, i've no clue.