Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Im level 60 and I only have 4 Gold.

keithiankeithian Los Angeles, CAPosts: 3,042Member Uncommon
I'm a level 60 Necromancer, just bought the level 60 trait book, and now I have just under 4G. I always pick up all the crap off the NPCs and sell them, I hate crafting, but I pick things up like mining and whatever and sell them at the vendors, I sold a few things for probably not enough money at the Trader Post, I never buy anything at the vendors except using the points I get from DE....should I expect to have only 4G or am I doing something wrong? lol

There Is Always Hope!

Comments

• Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by keithian
    I'm a level 60 Necromancer, just bought the level 60 trait book, and now I have just under 4G. I always pick up all the crap off the NPCs and sell them, I hate crafting, but I pick things up like mining and whatever and sell them at the vendors, I sold a few things for probably not enough money at the Trader Post, I never buy anything at the vendors except using the points I get from DE....should I expect to have only 4G or am I doing something wrong? lol

You're doing good ....once you hit 80 you'll be able to farm your heart out if you so wish ...gold really isn't an issue in this game

• eliteroelitero fremont, CAPosts: 263Member

Sell Only green items to NPC salvage all whites and blues with a crude stash your mats that you get and sell them all at once every once a week. for rare items i'd suggest making a Mystic forge salvage kit and it has 250 uses only use it on rares above level 65 but I say only use it on 80 rares when you get to that level.

• ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon

Keep trucking to 80. You can do Ac exp runs and get some nice coin along with tokens for armor.

At 80, do fracs. at level 20 or so, with some magic find stuff or food, you can walk away with 7-9 yellows a run, not to mention the other vendor junk. salvage them for ectos. make bank.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO SomewherePosts: 1,326Member
    You can sell your ore, wood and herbs for more at the TP than at the vendors, but 4 gold at 65 isn't all that bad really.

imageimage
  • bigtime102bigtime102 Toronto, ONPosts: 169Member

Your not supposed to have lots of gold playing the game normally. Its working as intended. Eventually you'll break and go buy gold with real money. Thats the plan this game has for you. Thats what youre doing wrong, thinking you can earn money buy playing , you gotta pay to win! in pay to win games.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Austin, TXPosts: 1,413Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bigtime102

Your not supposed to have lots of gold playing the game normally. Its working as intended. Eventually you'll break and go buy gold with real money. Thats the plan this game has for you. Thats what youre doing wrong, thinking you can earn money buy playing , you gotta pay to win! in pay to win games.

Because game developers should make your games for free?  And Pay-to-win means being able to buy different armor styles and clothing, eh?

To the OP, I haven't gotten to 60 yet,  but I may have less than you when I get there.   Nice to see the other advice....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• miguksarammiguksaram Fort Meade, MDPosts: 826Member Uncommon
    If you do as was suggested above and don't actually do any of the crafting, rather just gather mats/break down items into mats and auction them off you will make more gold than you know what to do with.  I did an experiment with this after watching a video posted here (by SilentStorm I believe) about making easy money.  I started a brand new toon and broke down all items I could while gathering at every node I passed, I also never ported anywhere rather I would simply walk to each destination killing all enemies in my path.  By level 10 I had amassed nearly 4 gold.  I can imagine at the later levels the mats you can obtain are worth quite a bit more so I can't see how gold is an issue in this game at all if you actually try to acquire some.
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Norcal, CAPosts: 612Member

For the first 25 levels I was doing it wrong if you are just picking up loot and selling it. You want to sell all the loot you can at the TP. Crafting Material for example when you have them, in your inv you right click and choose "Sell at TP", it will pop up right on the spot,  now instead of getting a couple of copper at a vendor, you will see many are 50 cooper, 1 silver and more. So that is on avg 50x more money the vendor selling it. Hue difference.

So now when I load up my inventory, I pop up the TP and go through all the goods, anything I can make noticeable more selling at a TP vs Vendor I do that, then I unload the rest at a vendor. This is for the non-crafter type. I ended up around 20 gold at 80. I would also recommend to not buy anymore armor after 60 until you hit 80. You will need about 35 gold to buy all exotics, if you are saving karma jugs, you can get all your armor at a catherderal and  gearing the rest up will cost you around 20 gold. Before you chug karma, spend about 1.5 gold to get 75 gems and use that to buy a karma booster at the store, use that then chug the karma pots all at once, that way you get a 50% boost, which you'll need.

Another option is breaking down pieces, I didn't get into that. To me it's a 50-50, you could hit a homer, but a lot of times imo you will lose money vs just selling it. That said I have broken down things I know that would give me good return with a high quality kit. I played with another that went the break it down way, I think I ended up a little ahead, seemed pretty even, my way was simpler.

Edit: Agree with the poster below, there are also times to set your own price. Just play with the TP some, you'll get the hang of it. I also teleported all over the place, sure it added up to probably 2 gold over 80 levels, I didn't sweat it.

• CorehavenCorehaven Colorado Springs, COPosts: 1,538Member

Are you people serious?  4g by level 60??? 

I'm just leveled my warrior to 70 (he's an alt) and he has 30g.  Plus I wasn't nearly as frugal with him as I have been with past toons. 

But judging from the OP's description of what he's been doing I can't think of what advice to add.  I too don't craft, I just sell the mats.  Maybe he's buying the finest armor he can every 5 levels or so.  Such as rares or exotics.  Fully runeing them with the best runes and putting exotic or rare sigils on all his weapons.  That's all I can think off. 

All I can tell you OP is don't always sell for buyer price, but set your own.  Things tend to fly off the tradepost anyways if you intelligently set your own price just below whatever the lowest sell price is.  But even then I'd assume you'd have more than 4g at 60. 

But as people have said, if you do a little farming at 80 in the right places such as areas in Frostforge then you should be able to rake in around 1 to 3 gold an hour like I have.  So its not a big deal I guess. 

EDIT:  Also OP use the PVP option to go to heart of the mists to return to town.  Don't port.  Only port out into the world if you need to.  And try to port as infrequently as you can.  And don't open all your unkown dyes.  Just sell them.  You can buy the dyes you want for far cheaper than just opening them all.  They are going for 10s-11s a pop on trade as long as you don't open them. 

• AzureProwerAzurePrower AustraliaPosts: 1,508Member Uncommon

I have 3 level 80s. Clocked over 1000 hours. I have a little less than 20 gold over all characters.

I just seem to find more things to spend gold on than I can find to make gold with. Usually I am good at making gold in MMOs. Not in GW2 apparently.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM ZagrebPosts: 1,788Member
    60 is a low level. Real money comes at max level. Advice, just do AC 3 times a day and COF 2 times a day, and you will have 3 gold in little over 2 hours of playing.
  • DerrosDerros Posts: 1,076Member Uncommon
    4g at 60 is good, I think I only had like 70s after buying my book.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Posts: 2,114Member Uncommon

I have two  80's and some lower levels. I don't have 4 gold in total..Do endless dungeon runs(I don't know why you would) to get more money....I don't think so.

Yes,I've stopped playing because the game has no point.I bought it because of my desire for world class WvW...and found the devs thought WvW was the same as a two week long, 24/7 ,basket ball game with the winner being the server with the most points !!!  ( no need for money if the games not worth my time)

Now I play no mmog.I play SKYRIM in preperation for ESOL.

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Derros
    4g at 60 is good, I think I only had like 70s after buying my book.

Was the same for me. 

• Masa1Masa1 LapuaPosts: 318Member Common
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

Because game developers should make your games for free?  And Pay-to-win means being able to buy different armor styles and clothing, eh?

To the OP, I haven't gotten to 60 yet,  but I may have less than you when I get there.   Nice to see the other advice....

Pay to win means getting the best armor / weapons the game has to offer.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member

LOL I'm agree! Finally I got a huge difference between GW1 (early 4 games) and GW2:
    at GW I had full of fun, much to do and lot of money (with some time of playing).

at GW2 I have nothing much to do, have to pay WP or repair all time, need to farm non-stop and getting downed drop rate.

So yes, mates, feel free to use item shop, which was not involved at original GW playing but ANet changed it, so now it same as any item shop f2p only you need to buy game to start.

I'm sure I could spend my 60$ on better gaming...

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• keithiankeithian Los Angeles, CAPosts: 3,042Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by HorrorScope

For the first 25 levels I was doing it wrong if you are just picking up loot and selling it. You want to sell all the loot you can at the TP. Crafting Material for example when you have them, in your inv you right click and choose "Sell at TP", it will pop up right on the spot,  now instead of getting a couple of copper at a vendor, you will see many are 50 cooper, 1 silver and more. So that is on avg 50x more money the vendor selling it. Hue difference.

So now when I load up my inventory, I pop up the TP and go through all the goods, anything I can make noticeable more selling at a TP vs Vendor I do that, then I unload the rest at a vendor. This is for the non-crafter type. I ended up around 20 gold at 80. I would also recommend to not buy anymore armor after 60 until you hit 80. You will need about 35 gold to buy all exotics, if you are saving karma jugs, you can get all your armor at a catherderal and  gearing the rest up will cost you around 20 gold. Before you chug karma, spend about 1.5 gold to get 75 gems and use that to buy a karma booster at the store, use that then chug the karma pots all at once, that way you get a 50% boost, which you'll need.

I didn't even know you could do this lol. Thanks, this is an easy tip to follow and I will def start doing that as part of my New Years Resolution lol. Thanks so much.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by Corehaven

Are you people serious?  4g by level 60??? 

I'm just leveled my warrior to 70 (he's an alt) and he has 30g.  Plus I wasn't nearly as frugal with him as I have been with past toons. 

But judging from the OP's description of what he's been doing I can't think of what advice to add.  I too don't craft, I just sell the mats.  Maybe he's buying the finest armor he can every 5 levels or so.  

As I said in the OP, I don't buy anything. I'm just not as skilled as you at amassing gold. Sounds like either are most others. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

There Is Always Hope!

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I feel better now (except from the one poster above lol) that I am not too far off of what is expected at my level for this game. This was a useful thread.

Thanks and Happy New Year :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• pedrostrikpedrostrik lisboaPosts: 391Member

i have 3 L80's and some on the way but 6/8 professions on max and 2 nearly 375's, and i have less than 10 gold but never farmed a single instance or spot (i don't like this kind of grind), got my armor with karma.
    I spend the money almost in ectos for craft or superior runes (best ones are expensive as hell).