Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Collector's Edition Giveaway Winners Announcement

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We've been poring over your submissions to our World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria giveaway here on the forums, Facebook, and Twitter, and today we're ready to announce our winners!

MMORPG.com Forums:

Grand Prize Winner:

Zzad

One (1) signed Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Runners-Up:

Paske

L0C0Man

One (1) standard edition of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Facebook:

Grand Prize Winner:

Micha? Graczyk

Runners-Up:

Dawn Shiggles Del Spina

Gwynn Northwood

Twitter:

Grand Prize Winner:

@AstralEcho

Runners-Up:

@ohshinoh

(@Scary_Hours forefeited, new runner-up to be selected soon!)

Thanks guys for all your excellent submissions! We wish we had more copies of the game to give out!

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Congrats!
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

OMG!!!

TY very Much for that price!!!! :)

I´m glad you enjoyed my entry...it trully brings great memories to me...

TY also for awarding my post even though the video was in my native language (Spanish), it was made long ago so no chance for translation...

All the credit for that video is for "Yamaray" a brave & pretty Hunter that LOVED WoW...untill she died... I had the greatest moments playing by her side :)

I will Keep this price as something VERY special to me...in her name too.

and "what the hell!"...I´m going to play the expansion as well !!!!

TY so much to all the MMORPG.COM staff !

My BEST Christmas present :)

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    meh, never win anything
  • GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354
    Yeah, same here ;/ I entered. Was the entries randomly selected or they were biased and chose some people they knew? 
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

¡Felicidades Zzad! And everyone else too!

Good picks. 

I was deeply moved by L0C0Man's story...

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by Luxely
    Yeah, same here ;/ I entered. Was the entries randomly selected or they were biased and chose some people they knew? 

I was under the assumption it was random, but by reading other posts and the winners' responses, it seems to be more "how much thought you put into it" along with happy throw up stories and such.

Can we get confirmation this was actually "random" ?

• banadonabanadona Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Jesus, is this really happening?! :D My entry was really the greatest moment of my MMO life but I never would've thought I can win :P Never actually won anything to this day. I'm so happy, too bad I bought MoP like 3 days ago in normal version, should've waited :D Anyways, thanks for acknowledging my entry and giving me the prize. I'm a big fan of your site by the way, keep up the good work guys!
    Originally posted by NBlitz

¡Felicidades Zzad! And everyone else too!

Good picks. 

I was deeply moved by L0C0Man's story...

Gracias !!!  :D

La primera vez que gano algo!!! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank You!!! :D

First time i win anything!!! ^^

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Congrats Zzad.. Sorry to hear of your friend passing.. Good to know you still game on as some would have stopped..

Xpac is cool so far, better paced and now too much different faction rep to grind, if you aren't a raider or pvp'er.. think you'll like it just don't burn out..
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Luxely

I chose the ones I felt were best from our forum entries and Som chose our winners on Facebook and Twitter. :)

EDIT: There was never any indication that these entries would be selected at random. Why have anyone share their stories with us if it was just a random selection?

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by banadona
    Jesus, is this really happening?! :D My entry was really the greatest moment of my MMO life but I never would've thought I can win :P Never actually won anything to this day. I'm so happy, too bad I bought MoP like 3 days ago in normal version, should've waited :D Anyways, thanks for acknowledging my entry and giving me the prize. I'm a big fan of your site by the way, keep up the good work guys!

Please make sure you get in touch with us with your address so we can send this out to you! (mikeb AT mmorpg DOT com).

• ctb3yoctb3yo Member UncommonPosts: 22

Next time I'll make up a better story...Merry Christmas. It was worth a shot anyhow.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Grats to all the winners :D
  • ddelspina74ddelspina74 Member Posts: 1

I am excited! This is too cool, Thanks MMORPG! :-)

Congrats everyone!

Just Received this email from MMORPG.COM:

Hi there!

Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to honor your prize due to associated shipping costs. Please accept our apologies! :(

Regards,

Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com
    "

Is this True??

C´mon i don´t live in some lost village in Africa....i live in a main City in Europe!!!!

As i said in a email sent to MMORPG Community Manager....I´ll run with shipping costs...... :/

I just can´t believe this is happening after beeing awarded as the Grand Price Winner!!!

PLZZZ get in touch with me...this is so unfair :(

So even after offering myself to pay for the shipping cost of my "Grand Price" the only response i got from MMORPG.COM is:

Really sorry, but this isn't possible. :(

Regards,

Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

I feel CHEATED.

No where in the contest was said only US citizens could participate...

I live in Spain (Europe),....and i´ll gladly pay for shipping costs to get my Signed copy of MoP...

I just don´t understand WHY you cannot send it to me????!!!

Never expected this from MMORPG.COM...............................

Welcome to the club there Zzad. I live in Poland and I got the same message yesterday. The only thing that saves me in this situation is that I got a friend in the US that I can tell them to send it to.

I don't know what are you guys playing here but It sure is a damn coincidence that from 3 people that won the grand prize 2 of them were in a place where you won't send them their due prizes.

Europe is not some remote village in Africa, just like Zzed said, so I don't see a problem in sending two boxes to people who actually won something and cover the shipment money (I'm sure you guys have some sort of income), and if you can't then you probably shouldn't be running contests when you can't afford to send the winners their prizes...

Originally posted by banadona

Welcome to the club there Zzad. I live in Poland and I got the same message yesterday. The only thing that saves me in this situation is that I got a friend in the US that I can tell them to send it to.

I don't know what are you guys playing here but It sure is a damn coincidence that from 3 people that won the grand prize 2 of them were in a place where you won't send them their due prizes.

Europe is not some remote village in Africa, just like Zzed said, so I don't see a problem in sending two boxes to people who actually won something and cover the shipment money (I'm sure you guys have some sort of income), and if you can't then you probably shouldn't be running contests when you can't afford to send the winners their prizes...

This is indignating :(((

I even told them i would pay for shipping costs...and still they will not send it to me ....

I don´t believe them, They didn´t give me a reason at all...just "this isn't possible."

...i guess some friends of them got "our" Prices....................... ¬¬

I really can't think of any other words than outrageous to describe what has happened. Can't really find a reason why they wouldn't let you pay for the shipment and get your prize other than that it already went to some brother/friend of theirs. Either this or someone fucked up and they decided that the winners should actually take the blow and not the person that actually is to blame for this. If I would run such a website I would have made the man responsible pay the shipment costs for the people that won. Either this or just fucking make an effort and make it possible for those people to get it some way, suggest some options of solving this problem other than "we are really, really sorry. we can't do anything about it".

TY GM Gourgetion!

all i can say by now :)

double post srry :/
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    very nice - thanks for sharing :)
    Originally posted by Nadia
    very nice - thanks for sharing :)

yes!! very nice indeed :)

i´m more than impressed by Blizzard.

I re-open this post  because i want to publicly THANK  BLIZZARD.

As you can see in the first post,i won the "Signed Collector Edition of MoP" in a contest held  by this site....i never got the prize from MMORPG.COM since all of the sudden...they decided only US residents were elegibles for such honor....and i live in Europe, in Spain.

Few weeks later i received an e-mail from Blizzard´s Game Master Gourgetion telling me that they saw on the forums what happened....and that even though it was not a contest held by Blizzard itself,they wanted to ship my prize by themselves because they felt i was the legit winner.... we are all fellow gamers,they told me ;)

I must confess i thought it could be a scam at first...i´m not used at big companies like Blizzard taking THIS MUCH care for their fans/costummers/people...even when they are not "forced" to do so.

But man, i got my prize today on the mail !!!

Blizzard sent it to me as they promised! Even though they didn´t have to....

No wonder why Blizzard still nº1 company when it comes to support & caring for their community. As you can see It´s a very well deserved fame.

I just wanted to THANK BLIZZARD for this amazing "Signed Collector Edition" !!!! And specially to Game Master Gourgetion,who really worked hard to make this possible checking all details,and supporting me to verify my identity.

TY SO MUCH!!!!

Your present is finally at home!

here is a pic  :)