Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they ever make a faction conflict area ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Yes there was Illum....which last I looked(and its been quite a long time...hence this question) there was none that worked or was even half finished.

I'm not asking about outer space.I'm asking about on land.Taking, holding, keeping, loosing, retaking signifigant territory.

Comments

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Yes there was Illum....which last I looked(and its been quite a long time...hence this question) there was none that worked or was even half finished.

I'm not asking about outer space.I'm asking about on land.Taking, holding, keeping, loosing, retaking signifigant territory.

Zero , they don't know how to , literally , they said they don't know how to fix Illum going on a year now and have abandoned world pvp for a year now.

A Star Wars game where there is zero galactic conflict other than instanced mini Huttball matches.

Sad they missed out on this.

Imagine an entire planet where you could have gone with your characters and had Battefront 3 essentially with vehicles , control points , all out galactic war between the sides.

I still cannot grasp how they thought spending millions on voice acting and zero galactic war was a good idea.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

There  is really no medium or large scale PVP conflicts in SWTOR.

EA did say there was going to a revision of Illum coming out, but, from their own statements, it's only going to be daily's, and "not what anyone was used to."

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

Zero , they don't know how to , literally , they said they don't know how to fix Illum going on a year now and have abandoned world pvp for a year now.

A Star Wars game where there is zero galactic conflict other than instanced mini Huttball matches.

Imagine an entire planet where you could have gone with your characters and had Battefront 3 essentially with vehicles , control points , all out galactic war between the sides.

I still cannot grasp how they thought spending millions on voice acting and zero galactic war was a good idea.

Speaking of Huttball and other wzs...

Voidstar feels like it's copied from one of UT99's assault maps and shrunken 10 times.

Huttball is a UT2003 copy-paste.

Capture the bunkers/guns is a copy-paste of UT domination.

SWTOR's star texture is just a copy-paste of a pattern of roughly 30 stars 100 times over.

Originally posted by Evgireon
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

Voidstar feels like it's copied from one of UT99's assault maps and shrunken 10 times.

SWTOR's star texture is just a copy-paste of a pattern of roughly 30 stars 100 times over.

Here's an update for ya:

Also, another hit to everyones expectations of the new Illum came from a recent interview with Rob Hinkle, Senior Systems Designer for SWTOR.

Exclusive Interview: Rob Hinkle at Bioware on PvP

http://corellianrun.com/2012/12/11/exclusive-interview-rob-hinkle-at-bioware-on-pvp/

Question 11: What is the future of Ilum and world PvP?

Rob:  Ilum will again become relevant to the game world, though perhaps not in the same way it once was.

Originally posted by Evgireon

I pick apart SWTOR because I feel it is justified.  Those comments are an insult to Unreal Tournament.  Also to SWTOR, without any meaning.

Comparisons to Unreal Tournament?  Talk nonsense with your comparisons and you will be received as such.

I see the comparisons though between games, just not your exact apple-to-apple renditions.  EA runs both games.  Frankly Unreal had a better graphics engine, but ahh whatever.

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Yes, it's MMORPG.com ~ those that like the game, and those that do not..
  • mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

No, faction conflict areas are either "far far away" (99% never) as pointed out in the posted interview (you have to actually listen to it).

There will be some kind of event on Ilum and thats it.

Engine cant handle but a small number of people, so until they fix that (and 99% they wont ever fix it) it wont happen, slide show with 16vs16 and up is not really pvp lol

Though they are thinking of less players WZs, 3vs3, 5vs5 and that sort of thing lol

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Alderan is nordenwatch or gates of ekrund from warhammer

Voidstar is praag

Want large scale pvp though (or decent pvp full stop), swtor ain't for you, it has even worse pvp than wow.

Planetside, gw2, hell even war do it so much better.
  • SzkieletorSzkieletor Member UncommonPosts: 34

While leveling my character in SWTOR there was only 1 place where I found  two (2, literally, no more) opposing team players. It was the dune sea on tatooine. Never again I found any opposing faction player.

I was on PvP sever with Heavy population

pathetic

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I was really excited about this game at first but then it all went down to oblivion...

I'm so sad that this game doesn't have full scale open world pvp where you could fight with republic forces in meaningful way and not just random ganks to kill the bordeom of traveling.

It's what this game really does miss and if it had it - it could've easily been the next big SW thing. 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by korent1991

I was really excited about this game at first but then it all went down to oblivion...

I'm so sad that this game doesn't have full scale open world pvp where you could fight with republic forces in meaningful way and not just random ganks to kill the bordeom of traveling.

It's what this game really does miss and if it had it - it could've easily been the next big SW thing. 

Its obvious they turned to primarily PvE long tim ago (probably when they shut down Ilum) because they realized it would never acutally happen.

PvP is pretty much a mini game with in range of "space missions" for them.