Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally hit the wall.

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by Volkon

After many many hours of invested game time, i've finally hit the dead end wall that often goes along with themepark games.

Logged in today, and sat looking at my screen wondering what to do. Nothing enticed my palette.

I have all dungeons cleared, an armor set for each almost, and the Greatswords from all of them.

Legendaries are far too much grind for too little reward, but i have a sunrise. not interested in chasing more.

Grinding DE's in cursed shore has no appeal.

Running frac's more has no appeal( have gotten all my ascended/infused gear for two characters). Stopped at level 37.

Alts are mostly done, need some exotics for a few. no urge to go further there.

Have 176 gold. Ya, im poor, but i dont need anymore, and grinding it has become boring.

All in all, i foresee the end of gw2 for me. They will release a little content in the coming months, but nothing that'll keep me going until they give me more. i'll be back to snooping for new games to play while waiting for this one to churn out more content.

GW2 was a much needed worthy mmo, my time playing it matches only my skyrim time, 1000+ hours.

Here's hoping this next game i find will be a proper sandbox that will give as much as i want from it while waiting for gw2 expansions to come!

All your ascended gear? Exactly which pieces do you have out of curiosity? I'm still trying to decide what to focus on, right now eyeballing more damage oriented in lieu of toughness/vit...

click to make bigger:D

I am running power/vit/toughness everything, with precision runed in from superior eagle. the rings for this char are ruriks royal signet ring and aldeberns royal signet ring, they give power tough vit each in abundance.

My ranger has two infused Vine of the Pale tree rings, one belongs to her in the pic, too lazy to send it over. She is my WvW char, mostly wall defense, so max hurt was needed.

I also have a infused snaff's gyre for both of them, for farming.(gives nice magic find boost)

Both have tier 2 capacitor backpieces(the not infused ones) as i dont need to waste the ectos yet on upgrading them.

25 agony resist between the two +10 rings and the +5 backpiece is plenty AR(max is 30, i have 25)

Nice, that's more time fractaling than I've done so far... need to get back into that after the holidays. I couldn't see if you got the quiver or book for the backpiece... sounds like the book? (I think you meant exotics on the gear aside from the rings and backpieces however.)  Appreciate the shared info!

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by bcbully

Well you made it 4 months OP. 

Come try Wushu with us!

Wushu. Sounds like it belongs on a cheap buffett. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I'm surprised it took anyone this long to hit the wall, it took me roughly a month. Just goes to show, that themeparks aren't the way to go these days. Missing the days when i'd still happily log in after a year of "faithful service".. pretty much everything since WoW has been a 1-2 month treck with no depth.

inb4 "alts", i don't do alts, and after all, that'd just been recycling same content with slightly different skills.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

"wow..i,m still on my first char at lvl 55..but 1000+ hrs in you definately got your money's worth.but do you think you rushed the game and thats why you hit the wall or is that just your normal pace?.reason i ask is i,m an extremely slow player..and with the game going nowhere i dont feel the need to rush."

LOL. I have level 61, 51, 41 and 40 characters and I have played at least 2 hours a night and 16 hours on weekends. I don't mind. I do not pvp and I do not do dungeons - I am too much of a noob. I still enjoy the game.  Like the poster above I am enjoying the journey.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by shingoukieh
    Game came out Aug 23. U have 1000 hours in 4 months meaning around 300 hours per month. So 10 hours a day average about...SMH

I can't even wrap my head around that...  10 hours a day, every day (average)?

wow.

Yea i would hit a wall doing just about anything that much...

/shrug

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

After many many hours of invested game time, i've finally hit the dead end wall that often goes along with themepark games.

Logged in today, and sat looking at my screen wondering what to do. Nothing enticed my palette.

I have all dungeons cleared, an armor set for each almost, and the Greatswords from all of them.

Legendaries are far too much grind for too little reward, but i have a sunrise. not interested in chasing more.

Grinding DE's in cursed shore has no appeal.

Running frac's more has no appeal( have gotten all my ascended/infused gear for two characters). Stopped at level 37.

Alts are mostly done, need some exotics for a few. no urge to go further there.

Have 176 gold. Ya, im poor, but i dont need anymore, and grinding it has become boring.

All in all, i foresee the end of gw2 for me. They will release a little content in the coming months, but nothing that'll keep me going until they give me more. i'll be back to snooping for new games to play while waiting for this one to churn out more content.

GW2 was a much needed worthy mmo, my time playing it matches only my skyrim time, 1000+ hours.

Here's hoping this next game i find will be a proper sandbox that will give as much as i want from it while waiting for gw2 expansions to come!

All your ascended gear? Exactly which pieces do you have out of curiosity? I'm still trying to decide what to focus on, right now eyeballing more damage oriented in lieu of toughness/vit...

I am running power/vit/toughness everything, with precision runed in from superior eagle. the rings for this char are ruriks royal signet ring and aldeberns royal signet ring, they give power tough vit each in abundance.

My ranger has two infused Vine of the Pale tree rings, one belongs to her in the pic, too lazy to send it over. She is my WvW char, mostly wall defense, so max hurt was needed.

I also have a infused snaff's gyre for both of them, for farming.(gives nice magic find boost)

Both have tier 2 capacitor backpieces(the not infused ones) as i dont need to waste the ectos yet on upgrading them.

25 agony resist between the two +10 rings and the +5 backpiece is plenty AR(max is 30, i have 25)

Nice, that's more time fractaling than I've done so far... need to get back into that after the holidays. I couldn't see if you got the quiver or book for the backpiece... sounds like the book? (I think you meant exotics on the gear aside from the rings and backpieces however.)  Appreciate the shared info!

No, it's the fractal capacitor backpiece from fracs. Grind out tokens, buy with tokens. Who wants to waste gold? pshhaw!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Must be nice not to have a job and focus all your time just playing! Yea, some of us remember those days and times invested.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    Originally posted by NBlitz

(...)

Palate. Thanks for that.

(...)

Good for you that you got so many hours out of it. I'm confused you say it's a "much needed worthy mmo" and then turn around and compare it to a single player RPG. 

I know what I would say if I held up to the one MMO I played for the longest.

I havent played any MMO for 1k hours. Had been looking for one that would last that long for quite some time. Hence it was much needed. Compared to skyrim because it is the latest game that released that i put serious time in.

Okay, so a pretty positive thread all around.

What do you hope of getting out of this thread?  Or is it only meant as a way to cheer for GW2 a bit?

Not hoping anything comes of the thread...and yeah, am kinda happy i found a game that gave that much. So cheers to gw2 i guess! lol

I ask because people usually stop playing and you never hear from them again. 

What forums have YOU been browsing? lmao. MMORPG.com surely doesnt operate in this manner, eh?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Originally posted by StoneRoses
    Must be nice not to have a job and focus all your time just playing! Yea, some of us remember those days and times invested.

Unless taking care of my kid doesnt count as a job, i have a very busy one.

But yes, being a stay at home dad affords me quite the time to play.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

No, it's the fractal capacitor backpiece from fracs. Grind out tokens, buy with tokens. Who wants to waste gold? pshhaw!

Oh, right, nearly forgot about that one.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141
    There is always a wall in any game that a person plays , but atleast with this one its free so a person can come and go.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Wow with that much time investment, no game will keep your attention for long. I mean there is just so much you can get out of a game. 1k hours is crazy especially in 4 months. No sandbox or themepark MMO, actually no game for that matter can last you for long if you play so much.

You must get bored of single player games and regular multiplayer games in less than 1-2 days.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Well you made it 4 months OP. 

Come try Wushu with us!

Wushu. Sounds like it belongs on a cheap buffett. image

Taste like chicken!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Wow with that much time investment, no game will keep your attention for long. I mean there is just so much you can get out of a game. 1k hours is crazy especially in 4 months. No sandbox or themepark MMO, actually no game for that matter can last you for long if you play so much.

You must get bored of single player games and regular multiplayer games in less than 1-2 days.

Simply not true. Until this year people played mmorpgs for years with years /played.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by NBlitz

(...)

Palate. Thanks for that.

No problem!

(...)

Good for you that you got so many hours out of it. I'm confused you say it's a "much needed worthy mmo" and then turn around and compare it to a single player RPG. 

I know what I would say if I held up to the one MMO I played for the longest.

I havent played any MMO for 1k hours. Had been looking for one that would last that long for quite some time. Hence it was much needed. Compared to skyrim because it is the latest game that released that i put serious time in. 

I see! That is an impressive amount of hours sunk into Skyrim. I'm so busy with something else I haven't picked it up in a while :)

Okay, so a pretty positive thread all around.

What do you hope of getting out of this thread?  Or is it only meant as a way to cheer for GW2 a bit?

Not hoping anything comes of the thread...and yeah, am kinda happy i found a game that gave that much. So cheers to gw2 i guess! lol

Happy you're happy.

I ask because people usually stop playing and you never hear from them again. 

What forums have YOU been browsing? lmao. MMORPG.com surely doesnt operate in this manner, eh?

Oh, I was thinking positive threads indeed like yours. Of course those who are not happy have no problems making new threads about their issues. image

• rogielrogiel Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by shingoukieh
    Game came out Aug 23. U have 1000 hours in 4 months meaning around 300 hours per month. So 10 hours a day average about...SMH

I guess! Some days i play just a few hours, some days i never get off. eh.

Will miss those days once i run outta carrots i wanna eat.

In all fairness, there's no game out there that can keep up with playing times! Hope you can find something nice to do in GW2 after the new content in january. Good luck!

"If I had the stars of the darkest nights or the diamonds from the deepest ocean, I would forsake them all for your sweet kiss"

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

8 hours a day every day since launch...very impressive.  Id be burnt out too

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    The updates in January and February will be as big as an expansion. See you then.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Simply not true. Until this year people played mmorpgs for years with years /played.

Lets see BC ....you have jumped from TSW...Rift ...Wow...Swtor ....and now Wushu( did I miss DF2) in the same amount of time some of us have played GW2 ... The trend of folks jumping from one band wagon to another has been a topic of conversation since early 2007 when it  first became really noticable that few games kept any population after the intial 30 days free period was over

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

*snip*

1000+ hours. You've been playing quite a bit. Themeparks will be themeparks. If you want to play about 10 hours a day on average, then themeparks will have a problem in keeping up with you. I'm glad GW2 gave you as much as it did and I also hope your sandbox will come through for you. 

imageimage
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

1000 hours in any game in 4 months is insane to say the least.

GL with everything - as I said that is an alot of time to spend in a game. Why not get another hobby?Woodworking, electronics, etc - at least that way you have something that will last.

I use games to relax not to make into a job.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    WoW I hit the wall with this game a month sooner and with much less play and I thought I got my money's worth.YOu must be well pleased with the value for money you got out of GW2...unless you went mad int he cash shop of course hehe.
  • umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    can i have your gold? i put in about 700 hours into the game and i just finished leveling my second 80. i need to gear him up for wvw. if u cant find a purpose in wvw, then you'll likely have to wait for a new content patch/xpac. 
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I agree with you OP.  I have hit the Wall that you talked about (although with less hours played).   The difference being that I only WvW and pve only when I feel like going after my ascended gear.  I took a short break and am now playing again.

I agree with others that WvW needs some changes in order to establish lasting appeal.   TBH, I really dont know what those changes could be.  I dont buy into the whole "I need shinies in order to swing my sword" arguement, but maybe rewards can help with it.  I am interested to see how Anet will make getting your ascended through WvW possible.

Some of the hardcore WvW/PvP guilds on SBI dont log on as much.  Some just lost interest and others are leaving for Darkfall.  I hope something is done to bring everyone back.  The WvW community on SBI was one of the best I have ever experienced, and in a way it still is.  Just slighty diminished.  Keeping us in tier one is starting to feel more like a job, than playing a game. 

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

Did they ever change it where your guild cant hop servers weekly ?

It lost any interest to me to see people and guilds hop from server to server each week. Zero faction pride mixed with zero server pride just made the WvWvW pointless to me.