Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin Coming in March

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that the next expansion to Final Fantasy XI will be arriving on March 26, 2013. To celebrate the announcement, the team has overhauled the Seekers of Adoulin teaser site and released a new video to show off some of the big changes coming in the expansion. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• xtrabulletsxtrabullets Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Well this video is just...shite... I have no idea wtf is going on. -1

• TolandToland Member CommonPosts: 38
    Might want to use the English version of this video which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LzePg-ws-qU#!
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    New jobs; Rune Fencer and Geomancer.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    Nice to see that 10 years in, FFXI is still pumping out content and support for its players.
  • mistersalty1mistersalty1 Member Posts: 26
    and that trailer told me a whole lot of nothing
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by DashiDMV
    Nice to see that 10 years in, FFXI is still pumping out content and support for its players.

why wouldnt it? WoW is. Not saying the content is gonna be good. If it was "free" thats a different story but since we have to buy it, its just greed and their trying to milk the last drop of cash possible for the game. Sadly its time they srsly need to move on and focus their money on FFXIV: ARR.

Speak for yourself brother, I'm still enjoying ffxi and will be playing it along side ARR as well.  FFXI still has a healthy population and is still profitable, why wuold they want to throw away profit? It's cool that you don't play anymore but don't throw greed out there when that's what companies are built for, to make money.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    tbh I'm a little surprised a staff member posted this in General and not the Final Fantasy XI Forum *shrugs*.  Anyway.. I donno about you guys but I for one lost interest in this game since the last expanion, it totally ruined the game for me.  I s'pose you could blame it more on the community than the actual game creators but it was them who catored to the cry babies who wanted the game to be easy and now no one play it like they used to.  Sure, FFXI used to be a real challenge, I remember spending hours looking for teams and trying to find a group that didn't suck but that was half the fun and part of the learning curve.  Now days players just zerg rush everything because the field books give them more exp than the mobs are worth and so that they can rush into end game content.  Personally this is not my cup of tea, I prefer to enjoy every bit of the journy, and by enjoying it I mean actually doing something I feel like I've achieved rather than being someone on the side and being another number to a massive group.

imageimage

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    I'm interested in this.  Especially if the rumoured quality of life changes hit at the same time or before.  I'd be very tempted to buy this collection and start from scratch if they do what I've heard they might do.  Basically, changing the controls/ui and making the game more accessable/solo friendly.
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    I just re rolled an account 2 months ago and loving it, and btw elocke they have made things easier and more accessable to get players caught up to the old ones.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Originally posted by voltt
    I just re rolled an account 2 months ago and loving it, and btw elocke they have made things easier and more accessable to get players caught up to the old ones.

fyi most of us "old ones" don't play anymore.  The players you guys are trying to catch up to are most likely those who zerg rushed before you.

imageimage

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    amazing Oo ,FFXI engine is old as hell still the game looks incredible , the FFXI scenary is the best no doubt! kudos to SE.

cant wait to hear the OST :3 ffxi ost are always a master piece

the new jobs look interesting , 2h tanking in FFXI? ! <yes, please> !

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    coudnt get into this game..i wanted to BADLY! but i coudnt just didnt work for me...it was too......yea.......didnt click at all....

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by voltt

If you are talking about the Gusgen mines parties, yeah that bored me to tears.  I liked how they made FoV repeatable all day but they took away the fun aspect of grouping together through the low levels.  Personally, I would rather solo my way to cap at the same speed than have to sit in a giant raid leeching xp.  Plus the UI and controls are still horrid.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

I'm in agreement regarding FFXI's graphics engine. The environments haven't really aged well, but if you do some registry edits you can do some supersampling of textures and end up with models that look remarkably pretty for not having been updated since the game launched so long ago.

Unfortunately the developers think endgame content = things only 5% of the playerbase will ever actually complete.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    They have to keep updating XI because XIV crashed and burned and no one is sure their redesign of XIV is going to fly.