Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Head to F2P In Japan & Korea

2»

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Vorch

TERA felt worth the box price, just not the subscription.

I would play it alongside GW2 if it went F2P with a GOOD payment model.

The payment model(s) will be the critical thing here. Not sure about En Masse's reputation with ftp models. Will have to see what Gameforge comes up with over here.

As for how well Tera is doing in Korea/Japan etc etc. Suggest all bets are off until the ftp model (with new content) is up and running over there.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

I'm playing the unlimited trial (lvl 28 max) with my GF and we're both enjoying it. I played it during beta and loved it back then. Not subworthy, however, mostly due to time constraints.

This is good news, I plan to play this.

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265

I need to see Tera... I'm just to busy on other games all the time (  If it was free it would be great, because like said I need access to pay for extras like expansions and cash shop items, I'm fully willing to buy unlocks if they are permanent, but I hate swtors temporary weekly passes... Anything that supports casual instead of hardcore grinding would be great, lol... 

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Subscriptions are a pain because once the sub is out you're unable to log in period... No matter if you already paid a thousand dollars on it or not for several years lol... Buy to play however would be better , if you could keep a cash shop ala Guild Wars 2 but not force restrictions on people, i'd be fully willing to pay $40 or $60 on buy to play to avoid restriction locks and subs... 
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I'm anxious to see how this plays out for NA / EU.  If box to play works well for TSW, I could see it being considered.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    :/ nice game, but felt way to shallow

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    This game should have been either b2p or f2p from the start, it never had even close to enough content to be a subscription game.  Of course Enmasse might have had to make it so because of it's contract with bluehole.  Hard to say, but definitely the wrong funding method here in the west.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

Originally posted by XAPGames
    I'm anxious to see how this plays out for NA / EU.  If box to play works well for TSW, I could see it being considered. 
    TSW also has constant updates which you have to buy, Tera's updates come much less consistently.

Tera will be Free to play with cash shop. Just hope they dont go the Freemium route of Free to play extended trial with heavy restrictions and $15 a month Premium to not suck.

If the Free to play model is good then I would definitely return.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    This game should have been either b2p or f2p from the start, it never had even close to enough content to be a subscription game.  Of course Enmasse might have had to make it so because of it's contract with bluehole.  Hard to say, but definitely the wrong funding method here in the west.

This is 100% true. TERA should have been Free 2 Play from the start.