Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally hit the wall.

ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

After many many hours of invested game time, i've finally hit the dead end wall that often goes along with themepark games.

Logged in today, and sat looking at my screen wondering what to do. Nothing enticed my palette.

I have all dungeons cleared, an armor set for each almost, and the Greatswords from all of them.

Legendaries are far too much grind for too little reward, but i have a sunrise. not interested in chasing more.

Grinding DE's in cursed shore has no appeal.

Running frac's more has no appeal( have gotten all my ascended/infused gear for two characters). Stopped at level 37.

Alts are mostly done, need some exotics for a few. no urge to go further there.

Have 176 gold. Ya, im poor, but i dont need anymore, and grinding it has become boring.

All in all, i foresee the end of gw2 for me. They will release a little content in the coming months, but nothing that'll keep me going until they give me more. i'll be back to snooping for new games to play while waiting for this one to churn out more content.

GW2 was a much needed worthy mmo, my time playing it matches only my skyrim time, 1000+ hours.

Here's hoping this next game i find will be a proper sandbox that will give as much as i want from it while waiting for gw2 expansions to come!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Comments

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Make a pause, wait for new content and expansion, if you are not interesting in making alts. I'm glad you got your money's worth.
  • crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I'm in the same boat as you.  While I'm no where near as accomplished item wise, I've played the game pretty hard since August.

I have 3 80's.  Ran the dungeons, and fracts.  Played WvWvW until my eyes bled. 

I have definitly got my money worth out of the game and I do think GW2 is a fantastic theme park, but, like you I feel like I've hit the wall also.  I log in now and just kinda stare at my screen.  Decided to give it a break for a few weeks, see how I feel then.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Toxia

After many many hours of invested game time, i've finally hit the dead end wall that often goes along with themepark games.

Logged in today, and sat looking at my screen wondering what to do. Nothing enticed my palette.

I have all dungeons cleared, an armor set for each almost, and the Greatswords from all of them.

Legendaries are far too much grind for too little reward, but i have a sunrise. not interested in chasing more.

Running frac's more has no appeal( have gotten all my ascended/infused gear for two characters). Stopped at level 37.

Have 176 gold. Ya, im poor, but i dont need anymore, and grinding it has become boring.

All in all, i foresee the end of gw2 for me. They will release a little content in the coming months, but nothing that'll keep me going until they give me more. i'll be back to snooping for new games to play while waiting for this one to churn out more content.

GW2 was a much needed worthy mmo, my time playing it matches only my skyrim time, 1000+ hours.

Here's hoping this next game i find will be a proper sandbox that will give as much as i want from it while waiting for gw2 expansions to come!

All your ascended gear? Exactly which pieces do you have out of curiosity? I'm still trying to decide what to focus on, right now eyeballing more damage oriented in lieu of toughness/vit...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Volkon

All your ascended gear? Exactly which pieces do you have out of curiosity? I'm still trying to decide what to focus on, right now eyeballing more damage oriented in lieu of toughness/vit...

click to make bigger:D

I am running power/vit/toughness everything, with precision runed in from superior eagle. the rings for this char are ruriks royal signet ring and aldeberns royal signet ring, they give power tough vit each in abundance.

My ranger has two infused Vine of the Pale tree rings, one belongs to her in the pic, too lazy to send it over. She is my WvW char, mostly wall defense, so max hurt was needed.

I also have a infused snaff's gyre for both of them, for farming.(gives nice magic find boost)

Both have tier 2 capacitor backpieces(the not infused ones) as i dont need to waste the ectos yet on upgrading them.

25 agony resist between the two +10 rings and the +5 backpiece is plenty AR(max is 30, i have 25)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Game came out Aug 23. U have 1000 hours in 4 months meaning around 300 hours per month. So 10 hours a day average about...SMH
    Originally posted by shingoukieh
    Game came out Aug 23. U have 1000 hours in 4 months meaning around 300 hours per month. So 10 hours a day average about...SMH

I guess! Some days i play just a few hours, some days i never get off. eh.

Will miss those days once i run outta carrots i wanna eat.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

I'm in the same boat. Therefore, I am waiting for the huge Jan/Feb update.

And for now, I'm playing Far Cry 3.

Originally posted by JKwervo

I'm in the same boat. Therefore, I am waiting for the huge Jan/Feb update.

And for now, I'm playing Far Cry 3.

Indeed, i will be front and center for the new updates and content, and likely will be for quite some time. I'm just sad because i have played many mmo's, and when i hit the wall(run out of things to do), im always back to hunting for that next fix, the game that'll keep me rocking for 1000 hours in a few months. I rarely ever find it :( Hope my next game is a awesome sandbox, as always

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

I'm still waiting for the following things to finally satisfy my appetite:

1: Awesome character models

2. Character Customization

3. Skills System

4. A little bit of a grind, carrot chasing, but not too much.

5. Housing

6. Little meta games such as side games for longevity

7. Awesome crafting system where crafting actually matters

8. Awesome story (but not too much emphasis on it)

9. Awesome RvR system (not so much OWPVP since i don't believe it's viable anymore)

10. Awesome PvP Arena system

11. Awesome Itemizations and weapon designs

12. Awesome Class Flexibility (as much as I really don't like the Trinity system, I miss having a role and specificity.)

13. (OPTIONAL): No more Fantasy theme

Unfortunately, not 1 MMO has ALL of those. They only have a combination of some or one or none. When that MMO finally does come out, I'l be satifsfied.

City of Heroes was the last MMO I stayed with for a LONG time. I'm talking about 6-7 years. But they never expanded on their PvP, which led me to leave that game. Which is a shame, because I still beleive that was the FASTEST PvP i've ever played and so much fun had they manage to balance a few things.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Take a break :)

Or find a guild and organize events for your guild and server.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

I don't think you understand this game. You must be playing it wrong. GW2 isn't about treadmills and carrots on a stick. It's about fun.

Remember?

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

They need to make WvW fun for its lasting appeal.

But lately WvW has become a little stale and the more awesome fights are occurring in the EB jumping puzzle.

What needs to happen is happen is a new map to open up that is a full of jumping puzzles with 'king of the hill' spires that servers have to control for points.

GW2 has a really good Z axis and fluid jumping. They need to use it more.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

wow..i,m still on my first char at lvl 55..but 1000+ hrs in you definately got your money's worth.but do you think you rushed the game and thats why you hit the wall or is that just your normal pace?.reason i ask is i,m an extremely slow player..and with the game going nowhere i dont feel the need to rush.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

They need to make WvW fun for its lasting appeal.

Yea that's the ticket, and yes they certainly do. 

Otherwise GW2 does what it does very well, and I am very impressed with it.  But like most themeparks its not something that can be played for years on end constantly.  Maybe for the easily amused.  Otherwise it's just not possible. 

Luckily, unlike many, once you have GW2, its yours to play with no hassle after that so you can jump back in when the mood takes you.  I get all my old games out and play them again once a year or so.  I enjoy doing that.  GW2 will be among those I do that with I'm sure. 

However if they could give some serious lasting appeal to WvW or some other aspect of the game, it sure couldn't hurt.  I don't think ascended grinds or dungeon runs are gonna do it.  Even if you are seriously into dungeon runs, which I'm not, even that can only last so long.  Something else could probably be done that would be more worthwhile.  In time we may see what Anet does with things, if anything regarding longevity.  Hopefully they have some good ideas for the future. 

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well glad you had fun. Amazed how much time you put in a game that really doesn't have much to offer those who play it extendedly, though again I remember spending plenty of time screwing around in WoW back in the day at town doing virtually nothing and yet enjoying it. 

It might of been a weak game for me (and I feel over-rated) but like any game people can find even the worst games (not calling it the worst game btw) entertaining and its good to see someone able to enjoy a game enough to spend a great deal of time in it. Its a shame you hit a wall, but most games do tend to have it, its about being able to jump back in and enjoy the game again later on I think really determines the value of the game for you.

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Op, I'm not a huge fan of this game myself but it sounds like you definitely got your money's worth.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by dimnikar

I don't think you understand this game. You must be playing it wrong. GW2 isn't about treadmills and carrots on a stick. It's about fun.

Remember?

It was certainly like that at launch. Somewhere along the way Darth Moneybags took over and it's been downhill ever since.

They had better have some serious upgrades coming in january or they will have riots I'm sure.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Maybe pace your gaming time out a little more? I ate so much water melon when first discovering it that I hated it momnets later! 
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Make a lumbering panda! HIIIIIIYAAAA!!!
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

(...)

Palate.

(...)

Good for you that you got so many hours out of it. I'm confused you say it's a "much needed worthy mmo" and then turn around and compare it to a single player RPG. 

I know what I would say if I held up to the one MMO I played for the longest.

Okay, so a pretty positive thread all around.

What do you hope of getting out of this thread? Or is it only meant as a way to cheer for GW2 a bit? 

I ask because people usually stop playing and you never hear from them again. 

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Here's an idea. Do something else for heavens sake. 1000+ hours is stupid. I play video games to much and I'm not even half that.

There is a difference between a healthy hobby of gaming and making it your entire life. 1000+ hours is not healthy.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Well you made it 4 months OP. 

Come try Wushu with us!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    The good thing about GW2 is that you've already paid for it and you can go back at any time. I would take a break and wait for more content.
  • fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    Sounds like you definitely got your money's worth.   Take a couple of months off, there's supposed to be some serious content coming in February
  • LarisliaLarislia Member Posts: 20
    It's like any other mainstream clone. Gets boring after a month or two.