Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Praises and a question

mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Wow, What an excellent game Funcom has made. Ive been playing for around 12 hours so Im rather new with all the mechanics , but it has been a long time since Ive been able to escape into a mmo and kill some hours. Now I wonder if the missions, such as the ones around the Kingsmouth church, will have the same quality feeling through the whole game? Or will the quests/missions be come the regular kill 10 rats? If they will have the same quality I will surley dub tsw as the greatest mmo since wow :) 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.

Comments

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    whole game pretty much.  Though your milage may varry based on the area and how it clicks with you.
  • mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Derros
    whole game pretty much.  Though your milage may varry based on the area and how it clicks with you.

Thank you for your quick answer. Now the expections sky rockted :)

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Yep it's like that thru the whole game. I actually enjoy the occasional kill x mission when I get one because usually things are never that simple! :)
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Yep it's like that thru the whole game. I actually enjoy the occasional kill x mission when I get one because usually things are never that simple! :)

LOL its so true though.  The investigation missions will generally get more difficult and complex as the game continues.  There are three "Settings" which may or may not vibe with you but for all intensive purposes the excellent storyline and mission types continue all game long.

Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
    Originally posted by Ortwig

LOL its so true though.  The investigation missions will generally get more difficult and complex as the game continues.  There are three "Settings" which may or may not vibe with you but for all intensive purposes the excellent storyline and mission types continue all game long.

Nice to hear that the investigation missions will become harder later on. I really like them and its not often I think about a puzzel while not playing a game :)

And the regular killXrat missions are nice breakes for the brain ache.

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79

I've been smashing it out on a second character, having a blast. I'm actually coming across quiet a few new players and trying to help them out.

Dungeons are awesome and you'll see some cool things in them. Great fun coming up with new builds to handle different situations too.

Feel free to add me in game: kaoseater - illuminati, saintwarpriest (mind blank at entering a name) - Templar.

Originally posted by KaosLegion

I've been smashing it out on a second character, having a blast. I'm actually coming across quiet a few new players and trying to help them out.

Dungeons are awesome and you'll see some cool things in them. Great fun coming up with new builds to handle different situations too.

Feel free to add me in game: kaoseater - illuminati, saintwarpriest (mind blank at entering a name) - Templar.

Hey Kaos, I do believe we have already played togheter :) I did "dawning of an endless night tier 10" with another player with the namen saint....in it.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

It's a great game currently.  I will admit that my impressions have largely changed as a result of not having to pay a monthly fee, which I didn't expect.  I paid full price for the game at launch, and regretted it a week later after the initial excitment wore off.

I don't believe it's a game that you want to try and rush through, by any means.  Just take your time, listen to the quests and read all the lore bits you find because there's a lot of great story to be had.  If all you do is sit down for 4 hours at a time grinding out quests, you will burn out very fast, and miss the best atmosphere of any MMO currently out.

You make me like charity

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79

Hey Kaos, I do believe we have already played togheter :) I did "dawning of an endless night tier 10" with another player with the namen saint....in it.

Avolona or something or other, or qball..... hope you are having a good time and stick with it, its a pretty decent game!

Originally posted by KaosLegion

Avolona or something or other, or qball..... hope you are having a good time and stick with it, its a pretty decent game!

Jep, Qball was me playing. Nice to see a friendly tsw-player here :) Hope you are having good as well.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    The questing part of the game was quite good, but when I realized it was heading into the typical gear grind end game I lost all interest and quit playing. Shame really, they were on the right track and then the creativity well seemed to run dry.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    The questing part of the game was quite good, but when I realized it was heading into the typical gear grind end game I lost all interest and quit playing. Shame really, they were on the right track and then the creativity well seemed to run dry.

Well, so far the gear progression has been very slight at the highest levels of the game: 10.0 thru 10.5, with the 10.4 gear not being made obsolete in the progression (you get to 10.5 with  kits that improve the 10.4 gear).  Still lots of horitzontal content at the highest levels with lairs and new missions.  Don't give up on things yet!