Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy 14 Legacy Question

EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
Hey all. I have been out of the mmo game for awhile now. I do however feel like getting back in. I have my eyes set on FF 14 version 2.0. I recently got access to my account and it says legacy next to my name. Does this mean I can get into beta? Also, can anyone link a good site to catch up on the lore from version one. Any changes that are coming would be good too. I have been reading but I know this site can be a great source of info. Any help would be appreciated. Also.........Im looking for a guild :)

Comments

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Yes you will have access to beta and check this link http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/33824-ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-and-everything-you-need-to-know/ 

thank you. I am pumped. After being dissapointed by gw2 I am hoping this comes through.

Oh yeah, the link doesn't say what F.A.T.E  is but they are like dynamic events.

if they worked the game again from the ground up how did they make it so fast? just a couple of years seems crazy.

Just read alot of it. still in the process of reading but jesus christ those changes seem absolutely amazing so far.
    Originally posted by Epicent
    Oh yeah, the link doesn't say what F.A.T.E  is but they are like dynamic events.

if they worked the game again from the ground up how did they make it so fast? just a couple of years seems crazy.

I think because they had a big team working on it but mainly because they already had a solid foundation to work off of. I can tell you this I was in alpha here recently and it was the smoothest running I've ever been in. I don't think that breaks NDA  I hope. : )

That doesnt break NDA. so, I can have 40 characters on my account now? I could only have one in the first version. Also I only have to pay 9.99 a month? this just keeps getting better and better. If you could explain how the payment system works it would be a GREAT help as it has always confused me for ff 14.

I think because they had a big team working on it but mainly because they already had a solid foundation to work off of. I can tell you this I was in alpha here recently and it was the smoothest running I've ever been in. I don't think that breaks NDA  I hope. : )

That doesnt break NDA. so, I can have 40 characters on my account now? I could only have one in the first version. Also I only have to pay 9.99 a month? this just keeps getting better and better. If you could explain how the payment system works it would be a GREAT help as it has always confused me for ff 14.

Its 12.95 usd for one character on every server 14.95 usd for six on every server or if you have Legacy status like youself only 9.99 for 6 characters on every server. I'm Legacy to love that bonus

The link you sent me stated 8 characters for normal players and 40 for legacy, honestly Im good with even 6 characters for legacy. that seems awesome to me. I also read that the old servers are still up. do you know if thats true. if legacy players can still mess around on the old servers for now or am i mistaken?

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Sorry, where do you find out if you have legacy status or not?

Its 12.95 usd for one character on every server 14.95 usd for six on every server or if you have Legacy status like youself only 9.99 for 6 characters on every server. I'm Legacy to love that bonus

The link you sent me stated 8 characters for normal players and 40 for legacy, honestly Im good with even 6 characters for legacy. that seems awesome to me. I also read that the old servers are still up. do you know if thats true. if legacy players can still mess around on the old servers for now or am i mistaken?

I believe they are open till the 31of dec I think

gotcha. I also heard that open beta characters will be saved. I am going to start on one of the "new" servers as my old character was only level 15ish. Any idea when open beta starts and if the character data from open beta will actually transfer over into the actual release of the game?

Originally posted by Magiknight
    Sorry, where do you find out if you have legacy status or not?

I maybe wrong but if you log in to your account it should tell you in your account details.

thats how i found mine yes. hmm, phase 4 the level sync feature will be enabled. level sync?

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Originally posted by Magiknight Sorry, where do you find out if you have legacy status or not?
     I maybe wrong but if you log in to your account it should tell you in your account details.
    thats how i found mine yes. hmm, phase 4 the level sync feature will be enabled. level sync?
    Edit: NM Found it:

https://secure.square-enix.com - > Select Service -> Final Fantasy XIV ->

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    I will see my fellow Legacy Players come Beta 1. :) I look forward to it.
    Originally posted by TemperHoof
    I will see my fellow Legacy Players come Beta 1. :) I look forward to it.

I also look forward too it? does anyone have a guild already? Are you guys rolling on an "old" or "new" server? i am thinking of making a guild website for a "new" server and going ahead and renting a teamspeak or ventrilo server.

I'm willing to entertain a new server, just because I want to experience it fresh. If I can, I'll try to important my old character to whatever server I choose to benefit from it's presence if there are too many timers.

As for guilds and such, I'm always available on Skype ( loltemperwolf ) if anyone wants to chat about that. ^^ I dont have any guilds yet, and nor do I really aim to run one -- but I wouldn't mind being an asset.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I think they are giving us too many characters on Legacy accounts. It's nice and all but what am I going to do with 8 characters on a server? I will use 2 or 3 max and only plan to play on 1 server.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by Lexin
    I think they are giving us too many characters on Legacy accounts. It's nice and all but what am I going to do with 8 characters on a server? I will use 2 or 3 max and only plan to play on 1 server.

I agree, there isnt really any point in more than one character, unless you really like to try all the races, but I find the idea of mastering every class on one guy the most appealing feature of XIV. I get to be an alterholic without the hassle.

I would say the opposite is true, there was no solid foundation, which is why they had to re-build in the first place. New engine, servers, UI, all new open world design, cut-scenes, the works, which makes the time it took even more incredible. You can say however that it saved time being able to re-use certain assets from XIV 1.0, such as character, gear, mob and building models/textures, and dungeon layouts. That really is all I recognise in alpha so far, and I agree that it's the smoothest alpha I've ever seen. It was because the previous version ran so badly I wasnt able to play long enough to get legacy :(

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Shouldn't anyone who played the game during its initial launch F2Pish stage have legacy status?

They should, but they gave people a year to give a damn and actually pay 3 months worth. It was sort of a test to see if you REALLY wanted to help them rebuilld.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Shouldn't anyone who played the game during its initial launch F2Pish stage have legacy status?

No, did you care enough when they announced the legacy status? no, so why should you care now?

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I'm not sure to re-roll or stick it out with my old character. I've got my Goobbue mount on that!

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Originally posted by Smoey
    I'm not sure to re-roll or stick it out with my old character. I've got my Goobbue mount on that!

Alas, the Goobbue was for 1.0 only, but they are introducing new mounts unlike any others, and chocobos will be heavily upgraded.

Originally posted by zevni78

Alas, the Goobbue was for 1.0 only, but they are introducing new mounts unlike any others, and chocobos will be heavily upgraded.

Goobues will carry over to ARR for those that obtained them in 1.0, they havnt decided if they will re-introduce them in ARR yet.  They probably will eventually.

Gil has been reduced by 90%, my LS friend had the common to turn all his gil into raw mats, I on the other hand will feel slightly short changed, though I have a lot of gear and materials to fall back on.

Originally posted by biggarfoot

Goobues will carry over to ARR for those that obtained them in 1.0, they havnt decided if they will re-introduce them in ARR yet.  They probably will eventually.

They've been very consistent that the mounts where always for 1.0 only. All the barding, raising, armor etc wont apply to a Goobbue, and I am not sure they would work in ARR with tighter zone design built with higher pop in mind than 1.0 ever got after the launch pop crash.

They've been very consistent that the mounts where always for 1.0 only. All the barding, raising, armor etc wont apply to a Goobbue, and I am not sure they would work in ARR with tighter zone design built with higher pop in mind than 1.0 ever got after the launch pop crash.

There was never any barding for goobue in 1.0.  You couldnt get any tighter spaces than you had in Gridania in 1.0 and they crowded the screen if one got in front of you, with ARR Gradiania is a bit more spacious so I can't see a problem with these mounts.

There was never any barding for goobue in 1.0.  You couldnt get any tighter spaces than you had in Gridania in 1.0 and they crowded the screen if one got in front of you, with ARR Gradiania is a bit more spacious so I can't see a problem with these mounts.

I was referring to the new features planned for the standard mounts that couldnt be done for Goobue, also Grandia was a town,  towns didn't allow mounts as I recall, (Ul'dah didn't anyway), the outside areas where a lot more open and seamless than in ARR which has more condensed regions and quest layout, and as I said will have a denser pop.

Originally posted by TemperHoof

I'm willing to entertain a new server, just because I want to experience it fresh. If I can, I'll try to important my old character to whatever server I choose to benefit from it's presence if there are too many timers.

As for guilds and such, I'm always available on Skype ( loltemperwolf ) if anyone wants to chat about that. ^^ I dont have any guilds yet, and nor do I really aim to run one -- but I wouldn't mind being an asset.

I am going to be away this weekend but I will get up with you Monday either on here or Skype. Anyone else reading this feel free to join us. Just hit me up and I'll let you know when the website and teamspeak are up. Should only be a couple of days