Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: An Open Letter to the Community

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

No word of them unbanning the thousands of accounts that got banned for mentioning the steam lies.

No word on giving refunds to those asking for it.

No word on actually fixing the game from the copy of War Inc it is.

No actual apology for the many lies

So, to sum it up...  Just damage control for all the hits they are taking.  You know its bad when Forbes runs the story.  You know they had to do something and I'm actually shocked that this was the best they came up with.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    I hope they do better in the future but even in early alpha sergey came out with this poor me apology and its all my fault etc this isnt even alpha we apologize etc its almost the same apology...how many times can you keep apologizing for your poor development team.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

nice letter -not needed, but hopefully will shut the trolls up. still love the game. fully support the game for what it is :

pure hardcore FPS -PVP!...for now.

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97
    There was a thread talking about this in general discussion on the game forums that was just deleted, so nope things are not changing, still nothing but hot air from an arrogant individual.
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Just horrible what some people are saying...
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Words are easy and going on past actions I certainly wouldn’t buy into this game or developer.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Rawiz

PS. This letter was not written by Sergey Titov, the english in it is far too good. Also it's very questionable, that people would even believe a single thing he says at this point.

This was my first thought as I was reading the letter, every response I have read from Sergey has been poorly written, this letter does not convey the feeling that he wrote it at all, I imagine it was passed onto an unpaid intern to sort out.

He emphasised the point that the vocal members of the community where in the minority, if this truly was the case he would still have carried on ignoring them and just looked at the "700k" of players he has roaming about his 50-100 man servers.

• TularkTulark Member Posts: 15
    No mention of the legally imposed name change of the game should be a red flag.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by orbitxo

nice letter -not needed, but hopefully will shut the trolls up. still love the game. fully support the game for what it is :

pure hardcore FPS -PVP!...for now.

All those players are trolls? The reviewers? The movie studio? Steam???

You can support what you want but please be aware that you may be supporting some shady people and damaging the games industry. If you want this kind of fps-pvp I would have thought your cash would be best spent of the DayZ standalone.

• Teran1987Teran1987 Member UncommonPosts: 202

I smell a giant load of bullshit :).

And for anyone to lazy to read it basically says, "Yap, we fucked up, do we care? Meh..we already made money..".

"Life is not judged by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    For some reason I still don't trust them.
  • oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

What Has Been Seen Cannot Be Unseen...

• RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154

Quite frankly I have been wondering why they released in such an unfinished state as that none of what they were claiming was in the game? They were trying to say it was a beta, but  that's what testing is for? Why release a product in beta as a finished product other than just a money grab and to hell with the buyers. I was thinking about getting the game, but not now. If they are not gonna put out a game in a finished state, then the game is not worth a second look.

People were all up in arms about ToR when it was put out and yet it could be played all the way thru with what they said was gonna be in it. A lot needed fixing because of bugs and such, but at least it was in the game.

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Don't believe a word of it, this guy has a bad history, and im not talking about War Z. I'll wait for the proof.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

so he went from insulting players... to calling people illiterate bozos to being totally and competely humble by them @_@ ... fk someone vote this guy in as a polititian FFFFFFFFFFFFK hes a shoe in to be come a mayor or something.

honestly they burnt alot of bridges with gaming communities by the less then steller way they are handling this game.  expecting people to pay for it now who arent insane fanbois is just stupid. i honestly dont see how they can have thousands on their servers when the server is cropped at 40/50 people :/ unless hes trying to say the account server has thousands O-o

wasnt aware there was even that many still playing it after all the crap that has been going on

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Ichmen

so i honestly dont see how they can have thousands on their servers when the server is cropped at 40/50 people :/ unless hes trying to say the account server has thousands O-o

wasnt aware there was even that many still playing it after all the crap that has been going on

He is counting their own dummy test accounts probably

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

I think email is less about genuinely apologizing and wanting to change, and more about trying to put a tourniquet around the severed arm that is just gushing refund money.

He is just hoping to get as many people as possible to "hang in" a little longer, until its to late to demand a refund.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I make mistake! Please play game!
  • LostHawkLostHawk Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Sigh, I had to add Hammerpoint to my spam fitler now...
  • scrittyscritty Member Posts: 89

Has anyone actually read what he is saying?

The game is great.

Most people love it.

Those with issues were definitely a minority.

The problems themselves were small.

So small we genuinely didn't think they mattered.

We aren't going to even mention the steam ban.

We also are saying nothing about the copyright suit from Paramount.

This is a "passive aggresive" response that, if you actually read it, spends more time going on about how great the game is and how minor the problems are. Also, other than community relations (for that read PR) there is not one piece of substance about sorting out the very real game killer issues in war z .

Lying is not a minor issue. The game release was a catalogue of deceit. This is a cheap and transparent attempt to wallpaper over that and in substance offers NOT ONE actual improvement outside his own PR.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Alert Damage Control - Alert Damage Control - Alert Damage Control

Hope he falls hard to the ground - His arrogance traded for backside kissing to turn the damage he has done.

To late...people have now seen the real man and face of this rippoff money grabbing sheep in wolf clothes.

Bye bye  Sergej

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    These "devs" and the game can GFY for all I care. Scam is an euphemism for this game!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42

It's too late for War Z to make any kind of comeback, it's finished. They might as well just stop putting anymore time into it.

There has been not even a handful of games that I can remember that received 100% of gamer's in agreement of how bad a game is whether it's the gameplay or whatever, this is one title to remember 2012 for.

Even games from the past like 'Star Wars Galaxies' had the majority of gamers giving negative feedback on it. Still there were some gamers defending it. I haven't seen one person yet to defend War Z especially on this site, now that's saying something.

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    The War Z Over the road racing.
  • NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by Stryx74
    It's a good start and has a genuinely sincere feel to it but the only thing that matters is what actions will follow these humble words.

Exactly, the letter feels sincere, but now they must prove that they really mean it. Trust is not gained with words but with actions.