Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

was going to try this out but....

sparrsparr Member Posts: 48
I watched a few  youtube vids on the game today thinking this could be the grinding slow paced but rewarding game for me...till i seen a few chars running around with no clothes on, all male.....please tell me the naked chars do not show private parts...is this really needed in a game? i mean everything else looks great...this i hope is not still in the game...thank you.

Comments

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Originally posted by sparr
    I watched a few  youtube vids on the game today thinking this could be the grinding slow paced but rewarding game for me...till i seen a few chars running around with no clothes on, all male.....please tell me the naked chars do not show private parts...is this really needed in a game? i mean everything else looks great...this i hope is not still in the game...thank you.

Stay away, game is awful.  Tried it 3 times in hope it would improve, but alas, no.

• HeretixHeretix Member Posts: 21

There is a nudity filter that is on by default.  The game has a lot of merit and isn't an experience you can get anywhere else.  Most players wear armor.  Win or Lose, the combat in this game is pretty fun when you run up against an evenly matched opponent.  A tense, heart-pounding experience when close, a very emotional loss when you lose, and a dirty, ego-driven response when you crush someone.  This entire forum is a tribute to people who were left emotionally scarred by the game.

The game has its rough patches, but I can say it is moving slowly in a positive direction, and its something you should really just try for yourself.

Here is another video to show clan pvp:

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    I know I and around 200 or so of my guild would jump all over this game if PvP was optional. 100% PvP games become tedious quickly even when in a large group. Leaves no room to just log in and hand around or casual game (take your eyes off the screen).

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• HeretixHeretix Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    I know I and around 200 or so of my guild would jump all over this game if PvP was optional. 100% PvP games become tedious quickly even when in a large group. Leaves no room to just log in and hand around or casual game (take your eyes off the screen).

This, fortunately, will never change.  Full-loot, no restrictions pvp is a defining feature of the sandbox that distinguishes this game from the horde of shallow themepark games on the market.  It is an experience that would be severely diminished by safe-zones or a an option to pvp.  If you have not played a game like this you have to really change how you think about the mmo - and thats a good thing.  You don't spend weeks running certain quests or dungeons to get that unique armor piece or weapon, and so the feeling about losing it all is completely different.

Wealth is measured in materials and the ability to buy gear or craft with those materials.  You don't lose flaming sword x, you lose the equivalent amount of material: its a completely different concept.  You don't wait you turn and try your hand at a dungeon, or load into this or that zone, or meet for an arranged pvp matchup.  You are dropped in the world with nothing, and you have to build up your wealth and skills to defend yourself.  No instances, danger is always present.  You can always lose big, and if you are smart you can even win big.  Victory or defeat is a dramatic experience, loss can be infuriatingly painful.  People go through great lengths for revenge, attain political power, spy, or steal.  Knowledge is power, and is actually the main path of advancement.  Characters, gear, guilds, wars, wealth all come and go, but you will always retain the huge amounts of knowledge that are required to be proficient at the game.

I opted not to pvp that much when I first got into mmos.  But when the pixels and shallow experience of themepark loses its luster you will find that a sandbox is where you can find a truly great gaming experience.  MO has a long way to go, and as many have stated it is far from perfect, buts its still more entertaining than any other game ive played in the past 3 years and I think anyone, pvpers and nonpvpers alike should give the free-to-play a try.

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186

I have never understood comments like this, it's like saying I would love to try boxing but I don't like the hitting people thing, move on.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Edit: Useless info, someone else already mentioned.

As much as I would like to see you and the 200 other players in I am going to share this information with you. You can go to guarded towns and hang around with your guild mates, random people, other guilds. Once you leave these towns and go into the world sure you're prone to PVP. However, being as you advertise massive numbers if you all went together the chances of a roaming bandit out there killing you are far more slim. I run with LOC and we are dedicated to keeping bandits away from Meduli (one of the most populated cities). 

On top of that, Mortal is so much more than a PVP game. It's made out to be all about PVP but in my opinion the route they have been taking has moved from a PVP focus into a more social focus. They want you to have to interact with other players to do a lot of things, something your casual themepark game won't present.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Deddpool

Stay away, game is awful.  Tried it 3 times in hope it would improve, but alas, no.

What parts bugged you the most? Was thinking about downloading it one final time, but fear it'll be another waste of time.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

I think the question was, is the game worth downloading again?

Or is it going to be another 12-20 hour download with a 50/50 chance of working on the best systems.  Only to be ganked by someone using a god mode hack or have everything pickpocketed off of you before you even think about moving. 

Oh good times.

Nope I would stay away from the game, someone else put it best.   "Great idea, poor execution."

So much crap, so little quality.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Hodo

I think the question was, is the game worth downloading again?

Or is it going to be another 12-20 hour download with a 50/50 chance of working on the best systems.  Only to be ganked by someone using a god mode hack or have everything pickpocketed off of you before you even think about moving. 

Oh good times.

Nope I would stay away from the game, someone else put it best.   "Great idea, poor execution."

I downloaded through Desura. Took me 6 hours on a 500kb connection and is one large download, no seperate patching. I'd go that route if you want to redownload.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

Here's a quick hint: if you don't like the game you probably don't like the current place you are. Happened with my first 2 chars in pretty crowded though "recommended" towns (as a total noob I had no other choice to learn the basics). Wasn't for me but there's always a way to prevent the common mindless retarded gankers (apparently unavoidable in full loot pvp games, but soon hopefully all sucked up by DFUW *evil grin*). Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of mature players here who roleplay in a silent way (-> acting like role players).

Maybe it's special to this place I am now, but it's the first time I actually listen to and enjoy the music and that after many hours. I'm extremely picky with ingame music which is the first thing I usually switch off. Just the same 2 pieces but awesome and in very spare doses. Whoever made this fine stuff... keep her/him under all circumstances! :)

I'm currently playing on low detail (mainly to keep the fan noises low, this game is a resource monster) but still having a blast watching the dawn through some dense leaves. UUggh I start sounding like a fan boy... I'm afraid I'm seriously hooked by now.

This game is not for those who expect to jump right into the action. Similar to games like wurm online it also doesn't take you by the hand nor does it want to please you or want you to be the heroic winner. This game wants to be conquered. If you are of the curious and patient sort of players then you will have a blast here. Just don't expect a perfect polished bugfree game, this will still need some work.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by picommander

This game is not for those who expect to jump right into the action. Similar to games like wurm online it also doesn't take you by the hand nor does it want to please you or want you to be the heroic winner. This game wants to be conquered. If you are of the curious and patient sort of players then you will have a blast here. Just don't expect a perfect polished bugfree game, this will still need some work.

At least in Wurm you can build some defences around your house, or better yet, build a house anywhere you like.   In MO you have to put your house on one of the covetted "house spots".    Which at one point you could find the map with all the house points on it.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Wasn't meant to compete both games (wurm has massive terraforming for instance), just these aspects: not being taken by the hand and the need to conquer the game.
    Originally posted by Hancakes

What parts bugged you the most? Was thinking about downloading it one final time, but fear it'll be another waste of time.

Can't be more waste of a time than playing a game that everytime you log out all of your items including the bank are gone, lolol! Nothing amuses me more than you Darkfall kids commenting on MO.

Originally posted by Celusios

Can't be more waste of a time than playing a game that everytime you log out all of your items including the bank are gone, lolol! Nothing amuses me more than you Darkfall kids commenting on MO.

I assume youre referring to the disappearing inventory bug in MO, I'm sure it'll get "fixed" at some point. Yes, it is rather amusing you insist on comparing a BETA with a game thats been out for years. image

I assume youre referring to the disappearing inventory bug in MO, I'm sure it'll get "fixed" at some point. Yes, it is rather amusing you insist on comparing a BETA with a game thats been out for years. image

At least in Mortal Online you don't actually "lose" the items, they just go invisible. The weight of the item is still counted, you just need to relog (fixed it the two times it happened to me) or page a GM.

Originally posted by Draron

At least in Mortal Online you don't actually "lose" the items, they just go invisible. The weight of the item is still counted, you just need to relog (fixed it the two times it happened to me) or page a GM.

and you don't see this as a problem in a 2.5 year old game?

I do. Just seemed you made the dissapearing inventory bug as a permanent issue, just wanted to seperate the two.

I do. Just seemed you made the dissapearing inventory bug as a permanent issue, just wanted to seperate the two.

It does seem rather permanent,  its been happening forever. Perhaps they can take donations to get that one fixed?

It does seem rather permanent,  its been happening forever. Perhaps they can take donations to get that one fixed?

By permanent I meant your items dissapearing for good. The example of Darkfall where your entire inventory is wiped is a permanent issue, as your items are gone. Mortal's glitch you brought up of items dissapearing is (a majority of the time at least, I never heard of items dissapearing for good) just them going invisible but still there. 

By permanent I meant your items dissapearing for good. The example of Darkfall where your entire inventory is wiped is a permanent issue, as your items are gone. Mortal's glitch you brought up of items dissapearing is (a majority of the time at least, I never heard of items dissapearing for good) just them going invisible but still there. 

What does Darkfalls BETA or any other game have to do with the bugs currenlty in MO? image

What does Darkfalls BETA or any other game have to do with the bugs currenlty in MO? image

Never said it did. Just saying even if one wasn't beta, the two bugs still aren't comparable. 

Never said it did. Just saying even if one wasn't beta, the two bugs still aren't comparable. 

So why do you keep bringing it up? MY question was pretty simple, what are the current issues in MO>.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5476830#5476830 

Why do you insist on comparing MO to other games? How is that remotely relevant to my question or this thread?

So why do you keep bringing it up? MY question was pretty simple, what are the current issues in MO>.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5476830#5476830 

Why do you insist on comparing MO to other games? How is that remotely relevant to my question or this thread?

Because you compared them yourself, like I said time and time again.

....Anndddd this is why you proof-read. For one, Darkfall has been out longer than Mortal Online. This new one is nothing but a grind reduction and new disgusting spamming UI. And i'm refering to Darkfall, the game that has the item persistence bug that everytime you log out, crash, etc you lose ALL of your inventory and bank. Mortal never had that issue im afraid. 

You want to talk release as well? Darkfall Unholy Reskin was scheduled to be released in November (keyword RELEASED), it was then delayed till December and THEN delayed again for a pay to enter beta. To think they'd release a game where none of your valuables save when you log off... servers can't stay up... there is immense amounts of lag... the UI is horrible... so many more things. If you're going to come at Mortal, at least be a fan of a good game.