Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

PNY 670 GTX...

AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

So i'm still in need of a new GPU, my 7950 was a bad factory overclock so I rma'd it couple weeks ago and they've been out of stock.

So i noticed the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133452

Issue is I know its reference and a lower clock but is it reliable? $279 with rebate for 670 and 2 good games is hard to beat.. IMO. Or would i be better off paying extra for the 7970 or non reference 670. I've never had a pny GPU, i've used memory/flash drives from them but nothing over 30 bucks before lol.

It will be on a 1440p monitor.

Comments

• PainlezzPainlezz Laguna Hills, CAPosts: 616Member Uncommon

I wouldn't trust PNY myself.  But I don't know all that much about them.

A lot of the more well known brands (BFG for example) offer lifetime warranty.  If it burns up or overheats a lot you can return it for replacement... Hopefully one that works.

IMO the BEST solution for you is to read:

www.tomshardware.com

They have reviews and benchmark testing of ALL video cards and will give you an accurate rating as well as decent reviews.  Also, consider reading up on the hardware builds they do and which card they used.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Elmer, NJPosts: 1,857Member
    PNY has actually been around for a while (5yrs +).  tomshardware.com is a great site though.  You can generally trust what they say.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,763Member Uncommon

That's a pretty good deal if you regard rebates as "free" or want the games that are bundled.  If you regard rebates as enough of a hassle that you won't bother, it's still not bad.

PNY is Nvidia's board partner that handles Quadro cards, and professional graphics cards are the ultra-high end as far as build quality and customer support goes.  That surely means that Nvidia thinks PNY can do very well on those counts when so inclined.  Of course, buying a GeForce card won't get you that same level of build quality and customer support as a Quadro card, but that plus drivers heavily optimized for certain (non-game) programs is what you're paying for if you buy a professional graphics card.  Even so, while PNY isn't the best known vendor in the consumer world, I'd hardly lump them in with cheap junk board partners like Sparkle.

Citing BFG offering a lifetime warranty is rather ironic when one considers that BFG's "lifetime warranties" ended up meaning the lifetime of BFG--which went out of business more than two years ago, and abruptly ceased honoring warranties at all.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon
    I have no issues with rebates, infact i have about $120 of them pending right now.. lol. Also the PNY has a lifetime warranty, i think i'll take the jump with the v.me promo dropping it to $259 after rebates.
  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon
    just can't win, they cancelled my order its out of stock :(
  • AesowhreapAesowhreap Omaha, NEPosts: 78Member
    I'm shopping for a 7970 on ebay.

Best Regards, ...