Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reply to an official ArenaNet answer at GW2 official forums about loot drop nerf.

13»

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by VendettaDFA

The OP is a bit melodramatic , but ...... why would ANET reply in this way? They coded the patch, so they should definitively know that either they did or did not nerf loot drops. Unless they want to admit publicly that they haven't a clue how to program their own game. I doubt that is the case. More likely this is a stall while they review the results of the patch financially, comparing gem purchases,refund requests and increase or decrease in player activity across servers.

Or it could be just because bugs can be difficult to find. They checked if things work right, found out they are, but are still looking at this situation because of the amount of complaints.

It looks like a logical response, but of course the usual conspiracy theorists think everything ANet does is a money grab. I remeber the ridiculous forum rage during Halloween, when a couple of weapon skins were found only in cash shop, which is why the whole event was a cash grab according to some "gifted" individuals. Then again, I guess it's natural. We're getting lots of free updates, so the GW2 anti-hype brigade is running out of straws in their "F2P game is teh suxx" department and they've got no real complaints since they don't play the game.

• VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by Scalpless

The OP is a bit melodramatic , but ...... why would ANET reply in this way? They coded the patch, so they should definitively know that either they did or did not nerf loot drops. Unless they want to admit publicly that they haven't a clue how to program their own game. I doubt that is the case. More likely this is a stall while they review the results of the patch financially, comparing gem purchases,refund requests and increase or decrease in player activity across servers.

Or it could be just because bugs can be difficult to find. They checked if things work right, found out they are, but are still looking at this situation because of the amount of complaints.

It looks like a logical response, but of course the usual conspiracy theorists think everything ANet does is a money grab. I remeber the ridiculous forum rage during Halloween, when a couple of weapon skins were found only in cash shop, which is why the whole event was a cash grab according to some "gifted" individuals. Then again, I guess it's natural. We're getting lots of free updates, so the GW2 anti-hype brigade is running out of straws in their "F2P game is teh suxx" department and they've got no real complaints since they don't play the game.

And lots of bugs are even more difficult to correct. Conspiracy theories about conspiracy theories can sometimes dilute true data. Updates occur across the genre of sub,f2p and b2p games such as GW2. To me updates in themselves aren't the issue of the thread, the quality control aspect of the updates is. Addressing complaints as rage is somewhat melodramatic in the same regard as the OP was. There is a paper trail, or gem trail if you wish, on this conspiracy theory. Diminishing returns, a farm nerf for botters, is still there even though the botting issue is more or less resolved. No time limit on sell posts allows an overinflated price on the TP ,with no penalty to the seller beyond the initial fee, skews the proper price in relation to the current economy. The anti-farm code has impacted available income in that it takes longer to generate a set amount of gold than before the code.

It may all be conspiracy theory, but as I haven't heard of any restoration of income generation methods to pre-DR status, ANET will unfortunately reap the reputation it has sown.

Diablo 3 suffered the same symptoms with very negative results and I truly do hope ANET turns it around before they reach D3 status.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I got out long ago over other issues, but this is one more reason not to get back in. Very evasive response.

lol... 

Anet coded the patch, yes. Does that mean the patch is guranteed to work as intended? No. 

They clearly said that the mechanic had not been changed, they are open to the idea of a possible bug but have yet to find one durring the testing that was initiated due to the thread and other reports. 

You are welcome to continue with the conspiracy theory as most will likely find it as entertaining as I have, but don't try and put so much spin on it. 

"We’ve seen reports from players questioning the randomness of the drop mechanisms in GW2 and in particular asking if it’s been changed recently. This is not the case and we don’t think that the randomness mechanism is misbehaving, but we’re running some data to be sure there isn’t anything unexpected going on. So far nothing shows anything suspicious but we’ll keep gathering data and analyzing it. We’ve also created a thread where players can share with us their concrete data about any perceived strange drop behavior they encounter:"

See by spin, I mean you tried to make this out to be an evasive reply when in reality it's pretty straight forward and does address the concern as well as explain what they are duing to determine if an issue truly exists. 

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Two weeks ago I made 58 gold in 4 days.

There is not a damn thing wrong with the drop rate. You are just a lazy ass player.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I have stopped playing it also for the time being.
    I was hooked on WvW for 700 hours in the meantime server hopping ripped appart whole communities.
    WvW became jump to the next Winning server or get left behind on a death pvp server.

Closed and Open beta made WvW look good, server pride above all, nothing remains of that with server transfers.
    So you dont log in for 2 weeks and come back to find all your friends hoped on to the next server and each week its the same story.

WvW also gives me a realy arcade feeling, if you cap Stonemist today it doesnt give you that heroic feeling of capping the most prestige castle made in WvW.
    The combat is stale with only a few spells ( i had hope it was more like GW1) but damn i was wrong.

Many posts on the GW2 forums get merged and lost in walls and walls of text no1 can ever read trough.
    Changes are not made fast enough and many guild / people leave or go venture to other games.

What good have been a new WoW became just another mmo with nothing special for pvp players.

I had not expected this from Anet, i tought those guys where on the ball, in touch with their playerbase, listened to critic posts and acted to care to impove the game faster then other studio's.
    In the end iam just disapointed.
    Like i have been with all themepark mmo of the last 7 years.

I dont have any hope for Elders scroll online, if Anet disapoints like this then iam very sceptical about any other studio out there creating themepark #23425452.

OP made a good post, your guys are horrible to attacking him.
    This guy speaks the truth.
    But then again this is the interwebz where all the coolguys hang out.

• ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by Rusque

"You and your company need to realize with whom you are dealing with.

From all the posts I read here I can surely affirm that in this thread have posted people with twice your age, with family and huge responsabilities, with professional careers that would pale the careers of all your staff put together and with effective and executive power in their everyday businesses that most of you can not even dream of."

Bwahahahaha, you did not seriously send that to them? You have to be a teenager or a 40 year living in his mom's basement, there's no way you're a working adult - let alone high powered executive. lol

This.

If you have played any other MMO in the last 10 years or so for any lenght of time you would know that Anet are a pretty good company and at least talk to there player base, just just post things on their forums through moderators to try and keep the peace. (I'm looking at you SOE!)

On a personal note i dont think the drop rates are to bad, and i hardly have any +magic find items.

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    More usless whine. Arena net can't win at all. Some of you are looking for Arena Net to bow down and admit to something that never happend. The bots got banned and some items on the TP went up in price. Thats usually what happens after bots get banned in game. T6 mats always had crappy drop rates.  It's not hard to make gold in GW2 at all if you are willing to put in a little bit of time. I mean hell its easier than the last mmo ive played which was Aion. And that game's entire pve system is based on RNG.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    I am with you OP, I know the pain and how it feels. I just stopped playing GW2, the lack of respect from that person speaks volumes of what the company thinks about thier base players.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Charged Lodestones

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by NaughtyP

Charged Lodestones

They need to fix their drop rate, I agree.

As for the rares, I've never had so many of those, they drop nicely for me (specially in fractals.)

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

It is a business. They need to make money. The cash shop is the only way they have to do so after a player buys the box. You are pissed off because they want to entice you into using their cash shop?

Welcome the the world of cash shops :)

?? That doesnt even make any sense, you cant buy gear from the cash shop. 

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    I am with you OP, I know the pain and how it feels. I just stopped playing GW2, the lack of respect from that person speaks volumes of what the company thinks about thier base players.

You are not respecting A.Net, not the other way around. Respect is a 2-way street and it is earned not given. Act like a spoiled child,get treated like one.

They collect data in their game an knows what drops. The drops have increased for me not decreased - in fact my lvl 80 Guradian has 7 gold items and one legendary in the last 3 weeks - that is pretty much a nerf - yeah!!

Originally posted by Derros
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

It is a business. They need to make money. The cash shop is the only way they have to do so after a player buys the box. You are pissed off because they want to entice you into using their cash shop?

Welcome the the world of cash shops :)

?? That doesnt even make any sense, you cant buy gear from the cash shop. 

He is trolling....

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Charged Lodestones

As for the rares, I've never had so many of those, they drop nicely for me (specially in fractals.)

I hate dungeons.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Charged Lodestones

I hate dungeons.

I haven't done ANY dungeons - mine are all drops in areas.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I have farmed much hours in GW2, and i believe they have changed the loot drops in relation to the fractal's dungeon. In fracs, i can run MF and walk away with 6-7 yellows a run. Whereas out in world the areas i used to farm are no longer profitable(not because of saturation, but because of actual drop rate/time invested)

So, i say and believe, they lowered the overall loot drops to spread them over the fractals dungeon. same amount of loot, new place to get it. i dunno. Feels that way though

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

guys, I've noticed reduced drop rate after Fractals improvement, not sure how they did, but I get way less non-rare drops.

I even made me MF gear, but it helped only to get bit better rare drop, and added nothing to normal/junk rate.

After my poor 3 months of playing I can notice changes, and it was nerf to me.

So I guess something wrong with ANet answer as we all noticed change but devs don't. =P

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

...I thought this was a game?

I hate to see what you'd do if, for example, a certain party voted down their own party's bill in order to make a certain executive look bad, but leave the entire country in a waiting tailspin...
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Guild Wars 2:  A game so good that it's taken a large part of WoW's population (unfortunately it's the part containing the holier-than-thou players who 'know' their time is more valuable than everyone of the developers put together.)

P.S.  As for the what the original poster had typed up compared to what A.Net's rep said, I'm almost certain that the rep was by no means rude or condensending.  Instead it would seem that the original poster was over-the-line rude and in such a way as that if I was a moderator on those forums I would give him/her a 24hr ban.  But that's just me.

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417

They already have your money, so why should they care. If this was a game that had a sub they would care more if you stuck around.

I allways said that the cash shop would be a major part once the game was out for a while and i caught hell for saying it here. Nothing against anet but thats just the way it is these days with mmo's.