Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Experience

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

So Ive had this for like...2 days now and Ive been messing around with it quite a bit. 

So lets get started!

Initial Use :

So without the razer synapse, there are a few things you cant do.  Umm... First off the tactile keys are worthless without the synapse.  Theyre just...Blank glassy keys.  The lights stick to a perfectly razer-ey green glow and well...You get the razer logo on the touchscreen thingie.  Itll work as a mouse touchpad thingie even without synapse so I used that when I was installing Windows 8. So without any drivers at all, you geta trackpad, glowy keys, and the standard keyboard.  The gaming button works too and disables the windows key but not alt tab. For people who have the P8Z77 I deluxe mobo, Use the USB ports that are furthest from the WiFi plug thingie.  Pluggign it near the wifi plug thingie will cause your tactile screen to flicker and have like...horizontal jaggedy lines.   Other than that, you can use an external power USB and it should work like a charm.

Installing Synapse 2.0 :

So I had to download synapsse 2.0.   I didnt really check the box if It had a CD....The other razer products I got didnt come with a CD so I just assumed that I was gonna be downloading it on their website like the rest.  So  I downloaded synapse 2.0, registered, installed it, and ran it.  It immediately detected my keyboard and started downloading all the drivers and the configurator for it along with a buncha apps.After that, it was working fairly well.  

Using After Synapse 2.0

With the synapse and all the apps installed, I was able to use the various neat stuff.  I can use the "on the fly macro  recorder" button on top of the "ins" button and itll allow me to record keys with the mini display showing what the keys are n stufff. I can then set it to whatever button  I want.  Which is kinda a problem because I bounded it to the enter key so I had to go to synapse configure to rebind it.  Yes you can bind whatever macro to whatever key you want.  I settled for something productive like binding crtl+ c and ctrl+v to the left hand macro buttons.  There are 5 of them o.o 

Offline/Online Use :

There was sposedly some issue where you cant use it offline but umm...the only time that becamse an issue for me is if I were to plug in my device and not be connected to the internet.  At that point, synapse wont be able to download the proper configurator for the whatever razer product you have and youll essentially be using it without its full functionality.  But hey thats always been the case  with razer and having to download their configurators o.O

Key/Bootan Pressing :

Well this is kinda different for most people.   Its most definitely not similar to mechanical keyboard but the keys are fairly low profile like mac keyboards or most new laptop keyboars. Its not as quiet as laptop keyboard though and you can still type in a similar way to mechanical keyboards where you try not to bottom out n stuff so I guess thats fair enough. They keys themselves come in the razer font, which is known for its "Capital everything except r".  Kinda weirds me out tbh but I dont look at the keys anywas.  Oh and you can change the light glow to anything you want o.O

Apps :

Well..The apps are kinda useful.  The twitter one is pretty much a browser so long as you can click links to where you wanna go.  They need to make a full browser app tbh... 

The facebook...didnt use...The youtube one is pretty decent and so is the clock (GOSH DARN IT WHY CANT WINDOWS 8 SHOW ME THE TIME ALL THE TIME!)

The track pad is fairly fun to use since I can just extend my thumb and do some random windows 8 start screen gesture

Id really like to get the sdk for it so I can make more stuff that Id use.   Itd be awesoem to have your music player in that lil screen o.o  Along with the time....But so far youtube is proving quite useful for that.

Build Quality :

It looks and feels kinda flimsy but I tend to be delicate with my stuff anyways. You know that pressure you put when securing a CPU?  Put that pressure on the top middle of the keyboard and Im fairly sure itll crack.   It has a nice matte finish so no fingerprints and well...I covered the lil screen with those screen protectors for the ipad (i just cut the proper portion) so thats going to stay clean and easilly replaced every few months.

Overall, Im really liking it.  I mean the price is kinda high...But itll be all worth it after I get some time to mess around with the sdk and make some custom stuff for the lil touchscreen....thing o.O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    I got the Elite version.  It's pretty awesome IMO, and it fits the budget of gamers a lot better!  I am not like other gamers.  I use the arrow keys and everything on the right side of the keyboard, so that LED pad would just mess me up.  I love the huge keys, the tactile feedback, gaming mode, and the superior anti ghosting.   I haven't had to use any of the major remapping features, because the keyboard is just so awesome. Get this and a Naga, and your PVP scores go way up.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

The only thing I would note is that the bit about not having functionality because your internet connection being down is pretty new. I've been using Razer products for years, and this is the first generation of products that requires an internet connection to have the full functionality of the product.

However, there's supposed to be a way to have full functionality without an internet connection, so long as you have an internet connection initially. This shouldn't affect too many people though. The only time my internet connection is down is when I don't have power so it's not like I'd have use of the internet anyway.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    You only need internet for the first part when synapse downloads the configurator for the deathstalker. After that, it doesnt matter if you have internet or not.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Castillle
    You only need internet for the first part when synapse downloads the configurator for the deathstalker. After that, it doesnt matter if you have internet or not.

Gotcher. I thought you meant after you've installed the Synapse.

** edit **
    I'll just scoot along now. Don't mind me.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    You may wish to note that this thread is rather old.  If you're wondering about the thread necro, it actually wasn't Souldrainer that did it.  It was a gold spammer whose post has since been deleted, but that doesn't shove the thread back to a later page.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    You may wish to note that this thread is rather old.  If you're wondering about the thread necro, it actually wasn't Souldrainer that did it.  It was a gold spammer whose post has since been deleted, but that doesn't shove the thread back to a later page.

Thanks for looking out.  I didn't even notice.  The elite edition a recent addition to the family though.  ;-)

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.