Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Warhammer...

If Warhammer Online goes f2p or b2p will you come back? 

I have to say that the only reason i stopped playing was the low population! I still hope they will follow the common sense....

Comments

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    No Thanks give me daoc free to play...:)
  • stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054
    Perhaps.. Of all the recent games, Warhammer has the most entertaining pvp system. I used to spend hours killing people. I tried returning, but I found out my account got hacked and all my items and money were lost, except for the ones that were already bound.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    the new lead dev just made a statement on their forums saying they have something big coming with the next patch but he wouldnt give any details as of yet but is a lot of speculation on making the unlimited trial go further up in the game. They added in new items designed to allow you to stay in the lower tiers for longer periods of time with exp off and double renoun for only 100 tokens. For a game over 4 years old with most of the players left have multiple level 40s this patch was more designed for lower level toons. So they are most def up to something in terms for bringing back players next patch but we will have to wait and see if its enough or not good enough once he annouces it.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    I would consider WAR if it went F2P.  As a subscription, it's completely off my scope of interest.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    If it went b2p I would deffinately come back.  If it went f2p I would consider checking in for the pvp, but staying would depend on the limitations.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Yes. I largely enjoyed my time with the free trial, but I havn't been able to find time to sub and see the rest of the game.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MarXonMarXon Member Posts: 22
    Absolutely, so would all my friends. Some of the best times in mmos have come from Warhammer.
  • Darkor_hXcDarkor_hXc Member UncommonPosts: 209
    I'll come back if it goes B2P for sure. 

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Yup me too. Not that I ever really played the game, but it would be worth checking out, for real.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

It's been awhile, but from what I remember, the reason I dropped this game shortly after it launching is that it was very unfinished, and not worth a subscription (or my time).

Little stuff, like getting stuck on small rocks on the ground, only a few inches high, along with all the broken content - quests I could not finish, and other various glitches that made the game unpolished.  Public Quests were a drag because some of them required a lot of players to complete, and my friends + guildies were not enough.  If it were for high level stuff (endgame) then sure, make it require a raid .. but for dinky public quests designed for low levels / mid levels? Pushaw!

The game is run by EA so I would expect a modified cash-shop with more exclusives and P2W type stuff, and / or content skipping "unlocks" to cheapen the personal rewards from achieving goals by those not using the cash-shop (the direction SWTOR is going, incidentally).  EA restrictions on freemium are rediculous.

So long answer short, probably not.  I was never invested much in that game (PVP was good though).  I can't think of anything that would pull me back in.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by augustgrace
    If it went b2p I would deffinately come back.  If it went f2p I would consider checking in for the pvp, but staying would depend on the limitations.

indeed, same thoughts!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Probably not.

Planetside 2 gives me more of a daoc rvr feel than war.

Not that war is as bad of game as some make out, it had potential to be good if it had a publisher that backed it and worked on it.
  • RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

Warhammer Online provided me the best PvP/WvW battles I can remember. Actually the WvW is so good that Arenanet used it for GW2.

I will definitely play again WAR if it goes F2P.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Yes. is way better than GW2 from any point of view
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    I would come back if it was B2P. F2P I am not sure depends on what they expect me to have to pay for.
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    I would surely come back too if the game went either F2P (depending on restrictions) or B2P (wouldn't mind at all). I loved the game such much, the PvP and RvR was really awesome but sadly the game died quickly because of various reasons we all know. At one point, the game was really good, less and less bugs, good class balance overall and some other stuff, but the population was so low at this point, I couldn't find myself play anymore and my friends were all quitting too. So yeah, I would play for sure.
  • neve1272neve1272 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    oh yes only fun i ever had pvping
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Are certain tanks impossible to 1v1 when they're geared? I hated that land of the dead update, giving everyone massive health regen was a huge mistake in terms of gear balance. Balance in Warhammer Online made me quit too many times, I think the first huge hit that made me quit was the first Archmage nerf.
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Nope. Never going back to that game.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    The game was huge disappointment and I would never go back even if they paid me money.
  • NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

The question isn't if people will come back, but how long do they think they'll stay.

I can already see the picture.

They come back playing their crappy low rr level 40 toons in T4 with the idea they're RvR Gods and they're going to rule. Going to get stomped over and over and over again. Going to whine about this and this and this. Quit and tell everyone how much War still sucks.

When you see the boys and gals coming back, more and more, from GW2 because GW2's RvR is way too casual and it already bored the hell out of them,  and that the sPvP is freaking boring too, I can't see or imagine anything good coming out of a F2P or B2P model with all the JoeSixPacks coming back or trying it again.

My 2 cents.

• piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Nidwin

The question isn't if people will come back, but how long do they think they'll stay.

I can already see the picture.

They come back playing their crappy low rr level 40 toons in T4 with the idea they're RvR Gods and they're going to rule. Going to get stomped over and over and over again. Going to whine about this and this and this. Quit and tell everyone how much War still sucks.

I really wish Warhammer were a lot more like DAoC. In its current state people will not last long. I tried to go back and play my RR51 marauder, but the gap to RR100 players is just too big. I couldn't find motivation to keep going. Also, the community has become very elitist and it's hard to get a group let alone a warband for RvR and people are generally rude.

Also for some reason most people on Karak-Norn seem to be Russian now, making it even harder to come back. I enjoyed the first few months of Warhammer a lot, but now it's pretty much dead to me. Big changes need to be made to get me interested again.

• NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

Exactly my point Piquet and F2P or B2P isn't going to make it better. Badlands isn't as bad as Norn but it's still very "core" in it's actual playerbase.

I don't think we, the oldies/vets, want to show off or whatever or are here for an elitist attitude. But you've to understand that after more than 4 years of War our expectations and gameplay has become hardcore. We don't need to pug up or form pug warbands and we all have our warhammer buddies to group up with when needed or if we want too. A lot of us are even solo half of the time but after those 4 years we know very well what to do, when to do, and how to try to do it. It's just the nature of the beast and a very hard time for newcomers and worse for returning low rr level 40's in T4. The learning curve has become "steep" hard but once done Warhammer is the PvP/RvR that was promised at launch, Today. Not that garbage it was at launch, thanks God.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I will try it out, probably, as it is a quite good ThemePark PvP MMO. But what drove me away was the anti-climactic end-game which was quite lacking.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Was buggy at launch

Was quite good fun around 1.3

Bioware completely broke it with 1.4 and the "expansion"