Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Wrapping up Christmas

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

One of the MMO industry's favorite things to do is to treat its community to great holiday activities that stretch well beyond Christmas Day. We take a look at some of our favorites. Check it out and then tell us which holiday happenings you prefer in the comments.

Once again Aion brought the holiday cheer with their Solorius event that started December 12 and goes into January 2, 2013. They’ve added in many quests that reward coins. The coins reward gear, dyes, housing items, and more. Not to mention their Black Cloud Marketplace has plenty of cool skins, weapons, home decorations, and more. Their Wheel of Fortunerk has a lot of awesome prices, including the chance to win a palance, something that seems only available through the wheel. Granted to spin the wheel and buy from the Marketplace you’ll have to spend real money in order to obtain the NCoin. Kind of the downside to this event.

Read more of Hillary Nicole's Pokket Says: Wrapping up Christmas.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    EQ2 does a excellent job with their events including the Frostfell events during the Winter holidays.  I don't play LOTRO anymore, but their events were also top-notch icluding the Yule Festival.  Loved collecting the festival exclusive mounts. 
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    EQ2 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!    kidding, kidding, for some reason i was channeling
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by JerYnkFan
    EQ2 does a excellent job with their events including the Frostfell events during the Winter holidays.  I don't play LOTRO anymore, but their events were also top-notch icluding the Yule Festival.  Loved collecting the festival exclusive mounts. 

I love frostell and they added a new instance, and new rewards it was great this year. I guess only the new stuff gets covered now days.

Swtor Christmas was in their store, lol

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by erictlewis

Originally posted by JerYnkFan

I love frostell and they added a new instance, and new rewards it was great this year. I guess only the new stuff gets covered now days.

Swtor Christmas was in their store, lol

EQ2 has always done a bang up job on holidays. Frostfell is very well designed to encourage players to participate by offering various rewards.

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265

SWTOR lacking Life Day wasn't any surprise as it had been lacking content the entire time, which is very disappointing... However, I was to busy to play the free to play anyway as I've been doing Yule , Winter Veil and Frostfell and been missing out on the Festival of Glorian... 

• gunnar2906gunnar2906 Member Posts: 1
    ))