Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill activation time takes too long?

RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Anyone else have the same problem?

I have a very good rig - but when I go to activate a block or a parry there is a good half to a full second delay before the actual skill will engage.

This to me is killing the game.

If I see someone doing a particular move and I need to counter - I don't want the game because of built in defiencies lagging a half to a full second behind me.

Anyone else have this issue?

Or could it be my internet?

Thanks!

Comments

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Its not game or rig issue. Its latency issue. Are you playing from Europe?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Yeah must be your latency. I'm in michigan, and I'm getting about 95 ping. I know Euros are 300+

Actions are about as crisp as can be. The game is optimized very well on all fronts. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by RudedawgCDN

Anyone else have the same problem?

I have a very good rig - but when I go to activate a block or a parry there is a good half to a full second delay before the actual skill will engage.

This to me is killing the game.

If I see someone doing a particular move and I need to counter - I don't want the game because of built in defiencies lagging a half to a full second behind me.

Anyone else have this issue?

Or could it be my internet?

Thanks!

its the latency

in europe its 300+ ms minimum thats 0.3sec

so well if you are not from US and thinking serious about PvP dont bother and wait for EU version

• spladianspladian Member UncommonPosts: 20

try messing with your keyboard settings for repeat character speed and repeat delay speed (just click the window icon bottom left and type 'sticky key's',)

Although not perfect, this helped clear up the delay to a very playable state.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    this wont help much, in CB1 I noticed NA players break my block almost at same time when I use it, but thats coz of latency, on my screen it looks like instant, also when You try break others it wont be sucesfull as most time they will let it before You hit, better to play russian version (no time limit, few times more ppl ) with files from english version, somewhere on gpotato forum was topic how to do it
  • spladianspladian Member UncommonPosts: 20

It's not the latency. I too have a solid computer, live in the United states, and had bad skill lag. We aren't talking about breaking blocks. We are talking about being able to chain one skill to the next fluidly, and have it happen when you press the buttons, not take 5 seconds to trigger.