Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive changes to TERA.

PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Teras-Next-Big-Content-Update1

- 10 man, 20 man and scalable raids.

- Elect leaders of the main cities(actually it seems this "election" is through PvP and something about resource control), sieges, sieges weapons and airships, fortresses outside main cities!

- Revamping guild and political systems.

- New batlegrounds and large scale pvp events.

- F2P in KTERA.

So this was what TERA needed and i'm really interested to see this stuff come out in more detail in KTERA...

Edit: New video released...no idea what this is at all. It looks like theres new command centers outside all of the main cities... and by controlling them or something you seem to get perks... and theres some kind of teleportal that leads to some new map... you get new skills... I have no idea. Me no spreak da Korean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GM-cbZ0UOd8

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    You can also get it now for 4.99 on Amazon downloads.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Keeping tabs on this, however if it goes cheesy F2P model with excessive restrictions im out.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    NA server still have IP block? I tried TERA EU, ping is just horribad, unplayable.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    sweet thanks for posting this as i dont check tera website anymore. definately going to try tera again once this patch hits! the political system was super boring. I was vanarch everytime before i quit and all it was, was a money sink.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    i know the people who enjoy this game are quite taken by it. i hope this improves their community and their gameplay experience. (even though i admit this game lasted all of 15 minutes on my computer.)

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

ooooh~

gonna keep an eye out for this - if the raids are nice might just go back :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    I'm still waiting on the people who speak Korean to get this translated in more depth, over the next few days I will hopefully be able to update this page with more precide information.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297

Yah, I'm looking forward to more faithful translations but to include sieges (and you could see some pictures with the zeppeling like vehicles) it would have to be all out civil war instead of the continuation from the unity advocated during Queen of Argon.  Changes to the Vanarchy sound promising and incorporating it into the warfare for each city with Magistrates sound interesting but Googre transhlate was not helping.

It would be great usage of the open spaces outside the cities.  It's a nice perk me up.  They've obviously been working over in Bluehole all these months.  But I wanna see a more faithful translation before I let myself go on full gaga mode.

The last Bosed Sale promotion talked about "evolution" and all that.  We'll see how that has to do with changes to payment models if at all.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I don't care about TERA, or its Changes it sitll wont get me back as a consumer until they give me what I believed I paid for.

I preordered TERA with the belief that my purchase and subscription would give full access to the game unlimited customizations and I ordered the collectors edition of this game because I believe Enmasse was going to be a good company instead I was wrong.

$9.99 USD to change a hair, or skin lol, or later in the game pay a lot of gold to buy a ticket or something to change it NO THANKS give me a TRUE game.

Their Game Came with a manual with an activation code, and NO AGREEMENT, It gave me a website which was an invalid link to an agreement which said the link was not found when I went to it. During the time I created my Beta Account for Tera I was not required to accept any agreement.

Enmasse lost me as a customer because of this, and because of how they on purposely disabled Third Party Skin mods, Ripped off customers with Extra Fees on top of fees and went about this game entirely wrong. They should have taken the path diablo did if they wanted Real Money Trading instead they thought only about themselves and failed at creating the game.

Tera is not a unique game, sure the artists did good at creation of the ArtWork, and Music, I did enjoy it much.

But the actual Manager, and Company hosting the game the people who make all the calls for the design and release of the game and how it works are the people who suck they need to be fired and another company restructed needs to take over the hosting and design of this game. Free 2 Play or not, Enmasse has lost me as a consumer I dont care if it goes F2P I have no intenitons of returning, and Enmasse is just one of the many companies I have no intention of playing.

I read over some of the changes Their Changes are not unique, maybe its something the game didn't have but consider this, they are only making the changes to get new players so do yourself a favor wait for DarkFall 2 or something go play PlanetSide 2, FireFall, or EVE Online its way better than TERA.

My experience in games like TERA VS DarkFall I would rather be on a Boat doing SEA Tower and doing an EPIC eventure Focused Group Based PVP than a game like TERA.

Also

Another thing Don't forget about Elin Censorship, or the Ideas Enmasse stole from those "Bikini" Mods by fixing it so that if you mod your texture files the game breaks and wont update, and sticking them in their cash shop for $34 USD or something like this.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Renoaku

Also

Another thing Don't forget about Elin Censorship, or the Ideas Enmasse stole from those "Bikini" Mods by fixing it so that if you mod your texture files the game breaks and wont update, and sticking them in their cash shop for $34 USD or something like this.

Don't forget about their lame forum moderators their moderator who begins with an M I forget their name constantly removing and locking posts without reasons they are equal to the corrupttion in Mortal Online, and lets not forget that these people are likely not even GM's just people given forum ban rights.

Elin censorship...takes like 1 minute to download a mod to revert that.

Also the swimsuits were like $9.99...also available on the trade broker for like 30 minutes worth of grinding in-game.

Would the "m" person happen to be Minea? They hardly lock or remove any threads... they had the one spree during release because the forums Elin worshipers went on a spamming spree creating topics like every minute about the same redundant crap. You guys all wanted your little girl tummies but were too stupid to spend 5 seconds googling the de-censor mod.

Also they are all actually GMs in game, GMs who spend hours helping people with community run events, they even handwrote christmas cards to members of the TERA community. 

Best GMs in any game ever.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Tera is a very good game. The combat is action and skillbased, fun dungeons (bit repetive though),great artstyle and graphics and the races + classes are fun. Only thing Tera needs to do is remove quests and add dynamic content.

Originally posted by InFlamestwo
     Only thing Tera needs to do is remove quests and add dynamic content.

It seems they are just going a different route and making leveling easier instead of making it fun, from the notes apparently BAMs will have significantly less health, dps classes dps will be increased while leveling and your stay on the island of dawn will be shortened somehow. Also better gear, already enchanted, will drop from dungeons to make leveling even quicker.

Although... some might consider less grind is making it more fun.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Tera is a very good game. The combat is action and skillbased, fun dungeons (bit repetive though),great artstyle and graphics and the races + classes are fun. Only thing Tera needs to do is remove quests and add dynamic content.

I don't want every MMO to turn into dynamic event zerg fest. Just like how every MMO doesn't need to be quest hub leveling. Tera is fine as it is the problem is that it didn't have enough content to warrant a monthly fee.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

That is never going to happen. That would mean the whole game would have to be remade from the ground up.

What I AM hoping for is that the artwork is sold off to make another, better TERA or that the artists/art director and the one(s) responsible for the combat get work somewhere else.

I feel the rest of the team, let these teams' work/vision down. Or it could've been the circumstances *cough NCsoft* that hindered TERA from being a better game.

The perfect storm left TERA in the state it is nowadays.

This is what I believe.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by NBlitz

That is never going to happen. That would mean the whole game would have to be remade from the ground up.

What I AM hoping for is that the artwork is sold off to make another, better TERA or that the artists/art director and the one(s) responsible for the combat get work somewhere else.

I feel the rest of the team, let these teams' work/vision down. Or it could've been the circumstances *cough NCsoft* that hindered TERA from being a better game.

The perfect storm left TERA in the state it is nowadays.

This is what I believe.

It is kinda early to tell, the translations are far too rough, but Bluehole has been keeping busy and one of the things announced that intrigued me most was the addition of sieges of the Capital cities, what appears to be a dynamic warring, resource competing, voting combination for "Magistrates" for each city.  The whole thing sounds much more Community driven and dynamic. 

I personally much prefer their "dated" questhubs.  Call me old fashioned but for me that's a selling point so I see no problem in those.  But adding those siege engines both in the open world and in a large PvP zone (I think it's 20v20 or 30v30?) sounds very very encouraging.  Can't wait for a comprehensive native translation to all this.

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    The new stuff sounds good so far but I'm hoping for more details. I think the translations are a little rough.
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Interesting changes so far here. I played from CBT5 to July only, got a little bored around level 48 I think it was. Been watching though for a while again and have been tempted to jump back in. Played a tank and loved my role in groups, but there didn't seem to be much to hold your attention at max level other than the same dungeon grinds. This could spark my interest again and get me back in. Think it's worth it?

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

Originally posted by Trudge34
    Interesting changes so far here. I played from CBT5 to July only, got a little bored around level 48 I think it was. Been watching though for a while again and have been tempted to jump back in. Played a tank and loved my role in groups, but there didn't seem to be much to hold your attention at max level other than the same dungeon grinds. This could spark my interest again and get me back in. Think it's worth it?

I would just say to continue to keep an eye on it, but yeah, 45-55 level range is pretty bad and poorly thought out, it's where the game lost a lot of people, those levels get grindy and the story starts to lack, however it picks up a lot around 57-60.

If it goes F2P then youve really got nothing to lose by checking it out at least. 

@Postcards- I've been waiting for some more in-depth translations but our resident Korean speakers don't seem to be willing to translate and write up so much stuff, hopefully BHS releases some sort of trailers or in-depth information about it all in the coming weeks.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

I loved TERA, I just could get passed the boring quests. How is end game in TERA now? Many people on the EU servers?

Would love to play again but not worth the monthly sub.

Originally posted by Kanester

I loved TERA, I just could get passed the boring quests. How is end game in TERA now? Many people on the EU servers?

Would love to play again but not worth the monthly sub.

Not sure how EU is doing, I just know frogster/gameforge is as bad as ever in terms of customer service sadly. No idea why BHS picked them as a publisher, feel bad for EU players.

On a side note... BHS has released a video... but I have no clue what all this is or what it means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GM-cbZ0UOd8

Hand to hand combat, stealth and some sort of green glowy thing... must be buffs you gain through controlling things, I have no idea. Seems fun though.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by Trudge34

I would just say to continue to keep an eye on it, but yeah, 45-55 level range is pretty bad and poorly thought out, it's where the game lost a lot of people, those levels get grindy and the story starts to lack, however it picks up a lot around 57-60.

If it goes F2P then youve really got nothing to lose by checking it out at least. 

@Postcards- I've been waiting for some more in-depth translations but our resident Korean speakers don't seem to be willing to translate and write up so much stuff, hopefully BHS releases some sort of trailers or in-depth information about it all in the coming weeks.

Yeah I've been holding out a little for F2P, but I'm thinking it might be a bit yet even before that happens. If they have another big content update or two after this one, the game might actually be up to standard with other sub games depending on what's included with that. The combat is enough almost for me to try again. I agree with the levels slowing down a lot in that range. Think I finished most of the quests in one of the mid 40s ranges and the next story quest was in the same or lower range with lower exp than I was getting for the higher level quests in the area I just finished. Felt kind of dejected so just gave up a bit.

Think I may be ready to give it another go though, the updates that have come into the game, improved GM support and presence in game along with the upcoming update sound pretty good.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• SatchoSatcho Member UncommonPosts: 34

If only they worked on the horrid difference equipment creates for PvP -- it really kills the "skill>equipment" flag they've waved since inception...

In any case, love the game. Sieges are an enormous pro in my books... Can't wait!

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by chelan
    i know the people who enjoy this game are quite taken by it. i hope this improves their community and their gameplay experience. (even though i admit this game lasted all of 15 minutes on my computer.)

my thoughts abd experience exactly.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    The only change they could make to get me back is to go F2P.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I don't care about TERA, or its Changes it sitll wont get me back as a consumer until they give me what I believed I paid for.

$9.99 USD to change a hair, or skin lol, or later in the game pay a lot of gold to buy a ticket or something to change it NO THANKS give me a TRUE game.

Also

Don't forget about their lame forum moderators their moderator who begins with an M I forget their name constantly removing and locking posts without reasons they are equal to the corrupttion in Mortal Online, and lets not forget that these people are likely not even GM's just people given forum ban rights.

1, there are other games that charge you for character changes or charge in game for character changes. Heck, Aion does and it has a more robust character creation system than Tera. If this type of thing is an issue you should have done your due dilligence. Seems like a small thing to complain about.

2, Apparently they don't want players to muck about with the files. So don't do it easy peazy, you'll live not looking at elin characters in skimpy outfits. Don't play the censcorship card because you don't have a leg to stand on. Or do you stand up in a movie and rant and rave because the camera cuts away during a love scene?

3, I highly doubt that after your impassioned "post" they don't have reason. Someting tells me that you are one of those posters who are rather ardent about your wrongs and continually post about them over and over and over...

In any case, I'm lookng forward to any changes that add the the game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo