Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Help: Contact support?

joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I just bought the game. But when I registered my account I used my password generator and forgot to save it.

Now every time I try to use the reset password link it says it sended an e-mail, but it doesn't. I have disabled all spam filtering but still same problem. No mails....

Is there a way to contact support? Because I can't find anything. Only the weird and clunky knowledge base / support page.

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Hm...a password generator, never thought about that.

To answer your question though, I think this email is the one you're looking for : [email protected]

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

To answer your question though, I think this email is the one you're looking for : [email protected]

Thanks. And the program I use is called Dashlane. It logs you in automaticly on the web and saves all your accounts.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by joeri123

Thanks. And the program I use is called Dashlane. It logs you in automaticly on the web and saves all your accounts.

lol, have fun when it gets hacked

Originally posted by Niburu

Read this https://www.dashlane.com/en/security and then comment. Don't make yourself look like a fool without doing some research.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Read this https://www.dashlane.com/en/security and then comment. Don't make yourself look like a fool without doing some research.

He probably meant Darkfall Unholy Wars as the thing that will be hacked.  Based on their programming skills and development times, even if they had thought to add some sort of security, and even if they had completed it, it probably isn't much against a determined hacker.

Originally posted by Zyzra

He probably meant Darkfall Unholy Wars as the thing that will be hacked.  Based on their programming skills and development times, even if they had thought to add some sort of security, and even if they had completed it, it probably isn't much against a determined hacker.

No, pretty sure he meant the program (dashline) rather than DFUW. In which case he would be wrong based on what I'm reading from the dashlane website.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Don't make yourself look like a fool without doing some research.

Who's the one that can't log in again? Anyway, contact support at the address above and be prepared to prove account ownership. It's not uncommon for them to ask for your payment information and/or some form if I D

Ok guys. I've been able to reset my password. The Reset mail came 24h late.. No response from AV yet though lol.

New problem: I try to connect my forum account and I get an error saying "You haven't purchased Darkfall Unholy Wars." When I clearly got billed and recieved a CD KEY...

Also in the beta client I can't press create character. 

Any help from you guys here? Since AV doesn't reply to any of my support messages >;<

Ok guys. I've been able to reset my password. The Reset mail came 24h late.. No response from AV yet though lol.

New problem: I try to connect my forum account and I get an error saying "You haven't purchased Darkfall Unholy Wars." When I clearly got billed and recieved a CD KEY...

Any help from you guys here? Since AV doesn't reply to any of my support messages >;<

As far as the forum account goes, either you're doing something wrong, or there was a bug during your billing process in which case you'd have to check with the support to get that fixed.

As for the character creation issues, are the server up? I know they took it down for christmas to 'fix' something but have no clue if they've gone back up.

As far as the forum account goes, either you're doing something wrong, or there was a bug during your billing process in which case you'd have to check with the support to get that fixed.

As for the character creation issues, are the server up? I know they took it down for christmas to 'fix' something but have no clue if they've gone back up.

It says the servers are 'open' so.. Anyway all I can do now is wait for support to get back to me -.-

Just to check though, this is the right place to have a forum account? http://forums.darkfallonline.com/index.php

Or is there another place where the DF:UW beta forums are?

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106

I just bought the game. But when I registered my account I used my password generator and forgot to save it.

Now every time I try to use the reset password link it says it sended an e-mail, but it doesn't. I have disabled all spam filtering but still same problem. No mails....

Is there a way to contact support? Because I can't find anything. Only the weird and clunky knowledge base / support page.

This happened to me. I did a request to reset my email and it did not come until over 18 hours later. When I tried to use it, it said it had expired already. So I requested it again and the email came right away that time. All is well now.

It says the servers are 'open' so.. Anyway all I can do now is wait for support to get back to me -.-

Just to check though, this is the right place to have a forum account? http://forums.darkfallonline.com/index.php

That 'should' be the place to log on. Just to make sure though, is your old forum account name the same as your account name you used to connect to DarkFall 1.0? Because you need to link your DF1.0 acccount (not your forum login) account to your newly created DFUW account and then you'll be able to log in using your older forum account.

I'm not too sure why you're unable to create a character otherwise. I've no clue what the launcher looks like. Is the game fully updated? The launcher shouldn't let you create a character unless the game is fully up-to-date, so it's worth making sure it is.

That 'should' be the place to log on. Just to make sure though, is your old forum account name the same as your account name you used to connect to DarkFall 1.0? Because you need to link your DF1.0 acccount (not your forum login) account to your newly created DFUW account and then you'll be able to log in using your older forum account.

I'm not too sure why you're unable to create a character otherwise. I've no clue what the launcher looks like. Is the game fully updated? The launcher shouldn't let you create a character unless the game is fully up-to-date, so it's worth making sure it is.

I didn't have a DF 1.0 account. It says to be able to see and post in the beta forums I have to connect my forum account wich I tried several times but it just says I have to buy DF:UW first wich I already did ...

Also the launcher should update itself right? I'm pretty sure in their systems it says I don't have the game. While I'm 100% sure my payment succeeded since I have paypal confirmation and a CD KEY from AV....

I didn't have a DF 1.0 account. It says to be able to see and post in the beta forums I have to connect my forum account wich I tried several times but it just says I have to buy DF:UW first wich I already did ...

Also the launcher should update itself right? I'm pretty sure in their systems it says I don't have the game. While I'm 100% sure my payment succeeded since I have paypal confirmation and a CD KEY from AV....

You'll have to wait for an e-mail from Customer Support I guess (or send a new one). Based on the informations so far, it's most likely an issue on their side.