Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paid posters "Shills" and marketing.

13»

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    (...) Job is a job yall.  (...)

Hear, hear.

This was a common view expressed during the Nuremberg trials, as well.  I wouldn't put being a forum shill on the same level, of course. Same principle, though.

Too far, sir, too far.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by allendale5

Sooner or later the game that is being talked about on the thread will speak for itself. I always suspect shills, especially on sites like amazon etc where you see glowing reviews and then you check the reviewer's other posts and find out he or she is 5 starring the same company's products.  

Generally I think shills only have a minor influence anyway. As above, sooner or later the game will start talking. But lol, I like these "Reds Under the Beds"  threads. Propaganda is usually too narrow to be interesting anyway.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

If you suspect another user is shilling on our forums (and its not blatantly obvious), please e-mail me at mikeb AT mmorpg DOT com with any evidence you have and I'll look into it. If it's extremely obvious, just report it and our moderators will take care of it.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.