Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Final Fantasy XIV: Is FFXIV: A Realm Reborn a Dark Horse?

13»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    If you are like me and looking for that old school adventure type mmo where you actually socialize and group with other people then please support this game. Dont know if it will be good but I sure do hope it will be.image
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

I'm going to post a link to my comment in an old thread about FFXIV 2.0, because everything still stands.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5104801/thread/354531#5104801

TL;DR: If it still has auto-attack based combat and lacks any sort of dynamic aspects, the game will continue to fail and only be played by diehard FFXI fans.  I wanted to love it, but the change into FFXI-2 (instead of refining and polishing the vanilla release) made me quit.

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

I can speak for the people sick of the age old auto-attack MMORPG market.

This is why we embraced games like TERA, Guild Wars 2, RaiderZ, etc.. FFXIV had a more action based combat even before those games.. but that was before they changed it all back into what FFXI is like.

Auto-attack games bore me out of my mind; I can't stand playing them unless something is so good about them that I can ignore the dull combat (SWTOR and its story.. and playing with lightsabers), FFXIV wasn't one of them.  I'd logon, stand around for a while, go to try and fight some things and logoff shortly after.

Again, if I speak any further I'll just repeat what I said in the other thread.

PS: Check my Xfire sig; I played FFXI for years and I quit for a reason.  FFXI-2 is not what I wanted. They can just upgrade the original game with the new engine if they wanted to put the effort into it to please their old fanbase who only want FFXI with better graphics/ease of use.

• falactalfalactal Member Posts: 1
    The thing I hate about people saying its a waste of time to fix a broken game is they aren't fixing a broken game. They have completely smash the old game and from the wreck they are taking and transplating the good into a brand new games. Someone said. "They should just scrap it and start on Final Fantasy Online 3." This is Final Fantasy Online 3! 
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Die hard FF player since 1990 - i think they never should have make FF mmo to begin with.

Up to FF X-2 they created the best rpg's you could play, then something happend, i dont know what...

FF 13 was not a shadow of the once best RPOG series ever created, it was so disapointing that i sold it after 1 hour of playing it, a new record and we are talking about Final Fantasy here, not some shady money grabbing rpg studio.

The time i have spend in the worlds of Final Fantasy are some of the best moments i ever had in my life as a gamer.

The death of Aeris for example...in FF7 was a moment my breath stopped and a burning feeling started behind my eyes...combined with the music my eyes dropped a tear..

The one and only moment in a game where this ever happend.

I wish they could bring more of those moments back in the world of gaming, but it seems they lost their magic.

• KumateKumate Member Posts: 69

This Final Fantasy is going to have a following, but it will not break any records that FF11 did.  The combat in this game is very lackluster, great animations but you just stand their and attack.   Graphics only go so far.  Sadly this game is just a final fantasy shell with a ton of other games packed inside of it like wow.

Not going to even touch it and I am a huge FF fan.