Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Please Remove Your Advertisements For The WarZ

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
I am completely appallaed that MMORPG.com supports this company by letting them advertise here. After all they've done another company deserves that space to advertise way more than they do. I know a lot of people are going to say I'm being ridiculous, but I really don't see how anyone can support a company that has done so many bad things that just cannot be overlooked or forgiven. The way they have treated people is just atrocious.

Smile

Comments

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    i agree, this is just making mmorpg.com look bad now....its saying we support a crook, lyer, scam artist. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Unless the WarZ breaks their contract with MMORPG.com in some way, or if their advertisements, like the ones on Steam are patently false, then MMORPG.com probably has an obligation to carry the ads for the term of their contract.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Ridan477Ridan477 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Dramatic bandwagoner go home.
    The situation has already been rectified and you can receive a refund.
    Thank you.

Scoobin it up on the daily.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Unless the WarZ breaks their contract with MMORPG.com in some way, or if their advertisements, like the ones on Steam are patently false, then MMORPG.com probably has an obligation to carry the ads for the term of their contract.

That really sucks for them then. I would be absolutely embarrassed to support such a company.

Smile

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

This is probably the most correct answer.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Razeekster

That really sucks for them then. I would be absolutely embarrassed to support such a company.

I would think to place an advertisement , part of the agreement would need them to be the owners of such art.  In this case wouldn't this break the contract since the art has been proven to been stolen from another source.  Addtionally even if it doesn't some how break the contract by having this up, mmorpg is saying is that it is supporting a company/person to plagiarize.

Originally posted by Laross

I would think to place an advertisement , part of the agreement would need them to be the owners of such art.  In this case wouldn't this break the contract since the art has been proven to been stolen from another source.  Addtionally even if it doesn't some how break the contract by having this up, mmorpg is saying is that it is supporting a company/person to playgiarize.

That does make since too.

Smile

• Ridan477Ridan477 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    People keep on complaining that these sites and developers are just out to make money. It's funny how "we" gamers are not greedy or self interested just the developers and corrupt video game news sites that are.
    It's ridiculous really. Exercise power given to you by a free market system and don't buy their games or go to those sites if you find their behavior abhorrent.
    The continuous whining about how people are just out to make money is annoying.

Scoobin it up on the daily.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Ridan477
    People keep on complaining that these sites and developers are just out to make money. It's funny how "we" gamers are not greedy or self interested just the developers and corrupt video game news sites that are.
    It's ridiculous really. Exercise power given to you by a free market system and don't buy their games or go to those sites if you find their behavior abhorrent.

well looks like you're continously whining about other peoples whining so why don't you give it a break.  Additionally if you actually worked in the industry, especially as an artist you would be "complaining" as well.

Originally posted by Laross Originally posted by Razeekster Originally posted by lizardbones Unless the WarZ breaks their contract with MMORPG.com in some way, or if their advertisements, like the ones on Steam are patently false, then MMORPG.com probably has an obligation to carry the ads for the term of their contract.
    I would think to place an advertisement , part of the agreement would need them to be the owners of such art.  In this case wouldn't this break the contract since the art has been proven to been stolen from another source.  Addtionally even if it doesn't some how break the contract by having this up, mmorpg is saying is that it is supporting a company/person to playgiarize.      
     That does make since too.

If it's a contract with MMORPG.Com, then the WarZ people have to do something that breaks the contract. However, MMORPG.com may not have a contract directly with the WarZ people, but with a third party advertising firm. In that case MMORPG.com can request that the advertisements cease, but they would not necessarily have that kind of control. Further, the third party advertiser may be obligated to run their ads, as is unless they've somehow broken the contract.

Without knowing the terms of any of these agreements, it's not possible to say whether MMORPG.com can stop running the ads. Even if they can stop running the ads without incurring a liability, they would probably still need to check with a lawyer to make sure. Even with a lawyer's approval, they could still end up in court, which isn't free.

As far as supporting the game, I would think most people realize what's going on with the game because of an article or two on this website and because of these forums. This website is doing what it's designed to do. It is informing people of what's happening in the world of MMORPG.

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    i agree, this is just making mmorpg.com look bad now....its saying we support a crook, lyer, scam artist. 

Have to admit , it's a bit amusing/ironic to see a column relating WarZ's less than savory/outright thieving actions , when beside it is a constant ad for said game.

Agree with the OP , if there ever was a game that mmorpg.com shouldn't be taking advertising money from it's this one.

It's not just this, it's that I'm sure MMORPG.com can easily survive without the help of one advertisement. I'm sure many other MMO companies are jumping at the chance to be advertised pm their site. It just sickens me to see that they support WarZ especially after their article that seems to be quite against it. Sort of hypocritical isn't it?

Also like one user said, you can't complain about people whining because while you're doing that you're whining too. It makes no sense.

Smile

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

No feedback from mmorpg on this??

Originally posted by Ridan477 People keep on complaining that these sites and developers are just out to make money. It's funny how "we" gamers are not greedy or self interested just the developers and corrupt video game news sites that are. It's ridiculous really. Exercise power given to you by a free market system and don't buy their games or go to those sites if you find their behavior abhorrent. The continuous whining about how people are just out to make money is annoying.
    It's not just this, it's that I'm sure MMORPG.com can easily survive without the help of one advertisement. I'm sure many other MMO companies are jumping at the chance to be advertised pm their site. It just sickens me to see that they support WarZ especially after their article that seems to be quite against it. Sort of hypocritical isn't it?

Also like one user said, you can't complain about people whining because while you're doing that you're whining too. It makes no sense.

They certainly could survive without a single company's advertisement, but what about all the other companies who have second thoughts about dealing with MMORPG.com because MMORPG.com is willing to pull ads after they've agreed to run them? They have an obligation to fulfill their contract. Besides, they aren't supporting WarZ, WarZ is supporting them by paying for the advertising. WarZ is paying for people to have a forum to complain about WarZ where WarZ's mods cannot delete threads.

MMORPG.com is not our protector. That is not their job. MMORPG.com provides the information they have available. Ads, articles and forum discussions are all available on this website for free. It's up to people to gather information and make decisions on their own. On their heads be it if they don't bother reading the articles or perusing the forums.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    I don't even see the ads anymore.
  • Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    The Warz is the best MMO ever made, hush!

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

They're exercising their right to free speech.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Hello all,

Some points here :

a) For what it is worth, I have actually not sold an ad campaign for WarZ - so if you are seeing ads for this then they are coming through from one of the many ad networks that we use to fill space we don't sell internally.  I don't have control over these other than to say that they cannot be ads for gold selling or power leveling.

b) Unless the company behind WarZ was convicted/charged of doing something unethical I would likely sell them advertising. I will be honest and say that I am not even aware of what bad things they are accused to doing...I am a bit out of touch with what is going on with all the recent "gaming drama" as I tend to focus on the business and advertising sales and allow my team to run the content side of MMORPG.com on their own.

If someone can provide me links/documentation of some kind of *proven* fraud of this company we can put a request in with our network partners to block these ads.  

Happy New Year!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.