Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You want a simmiliar fun zombie game? Try WarZ

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Kreedz

Russians really are the worst kind of gamers, arent they?

If they aren't hacking, they're griefing, and if they're making games, they are usually ripping it off from someone else or ripping off their playerbase.

which is pretty much the same as saying because chrysler make rubbish cars, that all american cars are rubbish..

what you have to remember though, is that all generalisations, even this one, are basically fallacious.

although imo, chrysler do make rubbish cars image

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by Phry

If they aren't hacking, they're griefing, and if they're making games, they are usually ripping it off from someone else or ripping off their playerbase.

which is pretty much the same as saying because chrysler make rubbish cars, that all american cars are rubbish..

what you have to remember though, is that all generalisations, even this one, are basically fallacious.

Yes, its a generalization, but there is some truth to it.

When you think of Hackers, you think of Russians.

When you think of Russian Games, you think F2P & Cash Shop... and not the good kind, since they usually ALWAYS sell items which give some form of advantage, WoT has premium ammo which does greater damage and premium tanks which are usually the best in their Tier, with WarZ you have scopes, binoculars, ammo for the most used weapon (m16) food & water (which allow you to camp without ever needing to go into a city/town to scavange).

Russian games have a track record of being P2W under the guise of 'Convenience'.

Call me Racist, but there is always an element of truth behind the rumours...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

If you are curious about this game and want to see what the engine can do (or can't do) have a look at WarINC. Currently operated by GamerFirst It is the game that is used to run WarZ and is made by the same company.

This have been a good conversation

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Phry

Yes, its a generalization, but there is some truth to it.

When you think of Hackers, you think of Russians.

When you think of Russian Games, you think F2P & Cash Shop... and not the good kind, since they usually ALWAYS sell items which give some form of advantage, WoT has premium ammo which does greater damage and premium tanks which are usually the best in their Tier, with WarZ you have scopes, binoculars, ammo for the most used weapon (m16) food & water (which allow you to camp without ever needing to go into a city/town to scavange).

Russian games have a track record of being P2W under the guise of 'Convenience'.

Call me Racist, but there is always an element of truth behind the rumours...

A lot of Russia is in Asia.  Just sayin.

Also, when I think of Hackers, I think of a movie.  Acid Burn, Crash Override, yeah.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by tixylix

this picture has to be fake.

Originally posted by tollbooth

hehe you must be new to the War Z fiasco.  I think we are in for one hell of a dev temper tantrum.

It is kinda surprising to me that people here started a huge thread about taking legal action against TSW for continuing to provide what they paid for and adding more, but there haven't been any lynchings with regards to this game yet for its everything.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Zyzra

hehe you must be new to the War Z fiasco.  I think we are in for one hell of a dev temper tantrum.

It is kinda surprising to me that people here started a huge thread about taking legal action against TSW for continuing to provide what they paid for and adding more, but there haven't been any lynchings with regards to this game yet for its everything.

If that picture was real it would be everywhere.  I mean IGN front page and kotaku front page type publicity. 

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by xenorace

Anybody who makes an mmorpg account and on the first day, first post he makes a thread saying The War Z is worth it is full of it. I had a horrible experience with TWZ and will never pick it up again. Hacks, horrible game mechanics, rude forum mods are just a few things wrong with the game.

This thread is obviously a failed exploit at trying to advertise TWZ.

I enjoy The War Z, for 15 bucks it's a good deal.  Is my account old enough for you?

Btw, those that are screaming "Hackerz Everywhere"  the hacker population is way way lower than DayZ.

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by retiredmj

Anybody who makes an mmorpg account and on the first day, first post he makes a thread saying The War Z is worth it is full of it. I had a horrible experience with TWZ and will never pick it up again. Hacks, horrible game mechanics, rude forum mods are just a few things wrong with the game.

I enjoy The War Z, for 15 bucks it's a good deal.  Is my account old enough for you?

Btw, those that are screaming "Hackerz Everywhere"  the hacker population is way way lower than DayZ.

I agree, the hackers *seem* to be less now. I also enjoy for what I paid. Never played Day Z though, but I don't think there hack prevention is as good as War Z (Even though its not the best) because Dayz is isnt funded ( If thats correct). I could be wrong though.

Originally posted by retiredmj

Even hackers don't want to be associated with this fraud.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by Buhadog
    Don't let all the whiners fool you... the game is improving weekly and you are going to miss on a lot of fun if you don't try it. I have played both DayZ and WarZ and I have to say, while DayZ is fun I saw myself having more fun in WarZ. 

Atleast put your advertisement on your own games page. instead of posting it on another game, a game ur game copied.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Yeh it is fake but is is funny.

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Don't let all the whiners fool you... the game is improving weekly and you are going to miss on a lot of fun if you don't try it. I have played both DayZ and WarZ and I have to say, while DayZ is fun I saw myself having more fun in WarZ. 

Join date=12/13/2012

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Is this actually for real?  Can't be. 

I know the people running the show over there are a bunch of hacks, and I mean that in the strongest sense, but this is bad even for them.  Although at the same time, if this was real, I'm not sure I would be surprised.  I've heard stories of their forum shennanigans. 

As far as War Z goes, it may very well be one of the worst investments any gamer could make right now.  There's not a more sorry bunch of tools attmepting to rip people off than the jerks who run War Z . 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?212608-ArmA-II-DayZ/page4

Theres a reason it's similar lol... 

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

The War Z has been a really bad experience for me. Besides the false advertising and the extremelly flawed game mechanics, there are hackers left and right and it's not a survival game, it's just a bad shooter with zombies as background scenario.

As I write this, I am trying to get a refund, and though I probably won't be lucky enough to get it, at least I paid for it so around a dozen friends of mine don't have to and can spend their money on something worthy.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.