Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU version won't have paid beta access

GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

This is taken from the Age of Wulin site, which doesn't have the pay for early access promos. Funny how the EU version can manage the game without making players pay for beta. The NA version is just a quick cash grab, hopefully there won't be an IP block which im sure there will be (since we have our own version of the game). If not I will be for sure playing on the EU servers, I'll use the NA servers as a practice ground until than.

"Hey,

Regarding different beta phases, we will be making an announcement about how exactly they're going to work soon after the New Year. To begin with a key will be required, you won't need to pay to get a key however they will be fairly limited to begin with but will become available in increasing amounts as the beta progresses.

Look forward to giving you more information in the New Year"!

Regards,
Kojizhu - Age of Wulin Community Manager.

Comments

• lantesh1lantesh1 Member UncommonPosts: 31

As much as I wish I could play it over on the EU (even with any latency that might entail) I can't trust that it won't be a cash grab eventually given Gpotato's history. I mean, this is the company that brought us the Allods disaster. That said, I've completely written off Wushu because of Snail. The whole situation with VIP items and such was a disaster to begin with, but even after "fixing it" they're still doing shady stuff like censoring their forums (I've seen several posts that were perfectly fine be removed due to "inappropriate content") and making weird assurances about what P2W is or isn't as though they're the ones to define that...

Yeah no, even if they do get their cash shop sorted out (the rental model is garbage) I'm not going near this company.

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    I agree with you, for the game to be touting a freemium model. It is kinda of weird how all of the CS items are just rental. The funny thing about this, is the game is free to play in other regions. However it gets here and turns into a freemium, I have heard bad things about Snail China as well. Currently I am downloading the Russian version their beta is open to all free of charge. Kinda sad how these companies are willing to go the length to ruin such a good game, and I am one of those carebears that hate open world pvp games. But seems to be really enjoying this one, and hunting down pkers
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Idk, These betas have been the best 10 bucks I've spent towards gaming. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    It's old news to be honest but yeah, no paid beta in europe although i did get my beta key from the Allods Online promotion. The beta wont start till at least feb imo, think they are 90% done with translation.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Idk, These betas have been the best 10 bucks I've spent towards gaming. 

Yeah even though i will move back to europe, it's money well spent imo.