Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow dailies vs gw2 dailies?

ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200
hows the end game comparably?

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Well, you can do the GW2 daily achievements with any toon, any level. I doubt that's the case with WoW. There's really no comparing endgame between these two. Some would argue GW2 doesn't have an endgame at all. Some would rather die than go back to a gear threadmill. Different tastes...

imageimage
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Well, you can do the GW2 daily achievements with any toon, any level. I doubt that's the case with WoW. There's really no comparing endgame between these two. Some would argue GW2 doesn't have an endgame at all. Some would rather die than go back to a gear threadmill. Different tastes...

QFT

I'll never play a vertical progression, quest hub based MMO ever again.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

I'm having huge problems with gear treadmill. Still no full set of exotics, although I'm farming Fractals 1-2 times per day. I don't even have a single ascended item.

I don't really know how you can "go back to a gear treadmill" when you are already in one.

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by Masa1

I'm having huge problems with gear treadmill. Still no full set of exotics, although I'm farming Fractals 1-2 times per day. I don't even have a single ascended item.

I don't really know how you can "go back to a gear treadmill" when you are already in one.

You know, the difference is, even if you don't have those ascended or exotics, you can play very well without them pretty much anything you want. In games like WoW, if you don't have proper equipment, you can't access later content.

In other words, in gw2 gear treadmill is optional, in games like wow gear treadmill is mandatory. In gw2 it's your choice if you want to grind for gear or not.

Originally posted by Kaleston

You know, the difference is, even if you don't have those ascended or exotics, you can play very well without them pretty much anything you want. In games like WoW, if you don't have proper equipment, you can't access later content.

In other words, in gw2 gear treadmill is optional, in games like wow gear treadmill is mandatory. In gw2 it's your choice if you want to grid for gear or not.

Nothing forces you to do the later content in WoW so your argument is invalid.

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Kaleston

In other words, in gw2 gear treadmill is optional, in games like wow gear treadmill is mandatory. In gw2 it's your choice if you want to grid for gear or not.

Nothing forces you to do the later content in WoW so your argument is invalid.

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

As much as I like the game and defend it from people who needlessly bash it (in the sense that their information is just wrong when they complain thereof), I'm convinced that there's more of a initial gear grind in this game than in WoW (of which I also defend and actively play).  Most would call me insane, but this is purely from a melee warrior's perspective.

The game wasn't so much a farming grind for the first month or so, but now that most exotic gear is around 3-5g for the crappy stats that no one wants, it's starting to become a farming game.  This is without putting ascended items into the mix.

I'm trying to save up 150g just for a amulet that has the best stats in the game at the moment (for my intended uses), and it doesn't even have any aesthetics to it.  In addition I had to farm the cursed shores for weeks just to get a few sets of armor for my warrior to use as every build I have needs a different set of armor, runes, accessories and weapons; this is just for the stats and not any good looking gear, which I had to complete daily achievements for karma every day to get (in addition to cultural armor) along with buying fine transmutation stones.

There's shout warrior, beserker glass cannon, pure melee survival with ghost food (only viable on non-champions but wrecks group events that just have massive mob numbers), the partial "tank", the swift anti condition warrior, the perpetual elite warrior, the bleed condition sword/rifle warrior... The MF AoE warrior... etc.

Each of these requires different sets, that have different stats, and since Exotics are clearly better stat wise, have to be farmed for weeks just to be acquired (as a whole).  Traits synergize with one another, often based on melee weapons, of which certain stats scale with said traits and weapon sets (including +crit damage, precision for crit on hit, healing, toughness, MF runes/upgrade components... etc.  All with poor looks as it takes long enough just to farm the gold or perhaps the daily explorable dungeon runs with diminishing returns on the tokens.  I've bought an extra bank slot simply to hold all these excessive items.

I guess that ultimately one build is able to handle anything in the game, but the fact that so many builds suit so many conditions to near perfection when properly executed... well, all those stats and extra abilities are so potent in what they do that I feel like a sniveling weakling without all of them mainly because of how quickly a warrior can be killed due to ANET's own description of the Warrior in how they want them to be able to maximize damage in melee range while being technically weak against conditions (something that most 60+ mobs are able to repeatedly apply to you outside of dungeons and in the story).

If the game was more like Guild Wars in that all level 20 armor has all the same stats (armor) and you just have runes to make minor alterations along with skill points to allocated into "traits".... It would be truly away from the whole grind issue.  It's easy to claim that it doesn't have a grind, and that it's easy to get the exotic stats... But it is also easy to get the best gear in WoW.  You just farm a dungeon for a few hours and you have enough points for a piece of gear.  Nowadays in GW2, you farm Cursed Shores or something else (even daily achievements for the karma jug) and you have enough gold or some sort of currency in which to buy a piece of armor.

The main difference for me is that in WoW I have only one set of armor for my warrior, and it suits all the talents I want.  :(

If there's an easier way to get Exotics than just to farm Cursed Shores, the dungeons or getting karma via daily achievement and world PvP, then I'd genuinely like to know.  But I've put more time into this than I ever have with wow in recent expansions, with the only difference being that there won't be a patch in six months that start the grind all over again.  That is, if they don't go a more extreme route and go beyond their minor ascended items, or if the expansion doesn't increase the level cap and provide higher stated items.

In the end, I'd have to say that, for a warrior, there is a substantial grind for stats if you want to be universally efficient.  But there isn't an endless or eternal grind as when you get said items, there shouldn't be a higher tier you have to strive to get.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

As much as I like the game and defend it from people who needlessly bash it (in the sense that their information is just wrong when they complain thereof), I'm convinced that there's more of a initial gear grind in this game than in WoW (of which I also defend and actively play).  Most would call me insane, but this is purely from a melee warrior's perspective.

The game wasn't so much a farming grind for the first month or so, but now that most exotic gear is around 3-5g for the crappy stats that no one wants, it's starting to become a farming game.  This is without putting ascended items into the mix.

I'm trying to save up 150g just for a amulet that has the best stats in the game at the moment (for my intended uses), and it doesn't even have any aesthetics to it.  In addition I had to farm the cursed shores for weeks just to get a few sets of armor for my warrior to use as every build I have needs a different set of armor, runes, accessories and weapons; this is just for the stats and not any good looking gear, which I had to complete daily achievements for karma every day to get (in addition to cultural armor) along with buying fine transmutation stones.

There's shout warrior, beserker glass cannon, pure melee survival with ghost food (only viable on non-champions but wrecks group events that just have massive mob numbers), the partial "tank", the swift anti condition warrior, the perpetual elite warrior, the bleed condition sword/rifle warrior... The MF AoE warrior... etc.

Each of these requires different sets, that have different stats, and since Exotics are clearly better stat wise, have to be farmed for weeks just to be acquired (as a whole).  Traits synergize with one another, often based on melee weapons, of which certain stats scale with said traits and weapon sets (including +crit damage, precision for crit on hit, healing, toughness, MF runes/upgrade components... etc.  All with poor looks as it takes long enough just to farm the gold or perhaps the daily explorable dungeon runs with diminishing returns on the tokens.  I've bought an extra bank slot simply to hold all these excessive items.

I guess that ultimately one build is able to handle anything in the game, but the fact that so many builds suit so many conditions to near perfection when properly executed... well, all those stats and extra abilities are so potent in what they do that I feel like a sniveling weakling without all of them mainly because of how quickly a warrior can be killed due to ANET's own description of the Warrior in how they want them to be able to maximize damage in melee range while being technically weak against conditions (something that most 60+ mobs are able to repeatedly apply to you outside of dungeons and in the story).

If the game was more like Guild Wars in that all level 20 armor has all the same stats (armor) and you just have runes to make minor alterations along with skill points to allocated into "traits".... It would be truly away from the whole grind issue.  It's easy to claim that it doesn't have a grind, and that it's easy to get the exotic stats... But it is also easy to get the best gear in WoW.  You just farm a dungeon for a few hours and you have enough points for a piece of gear.  Nowadays in GW2, you farm Cursed Shores or something else (even daily achievements for the karma jug) and you have enough gold or some sort of currency in which to buy a piece of armor.

The main difference for me is that in WoW I have only one set of armor for my warrior, and it suits all the talents I want.  :(

If there's an easier way to get Exotics than just to farm Cursed Shores, the dungeons or getting karma via daily achievement and world PvP, then I'd genuinely like to know.  But I've put more time into this than I ever have with wow in recent expansions, with the only difference being that there won't be a patch in six months that start the grind all over again.  That is, if they don't go a more extreme route and go beyond their minor ascended items, or if the expansion doesn't increase the level cap and provide higher stated items.

In the end, I'd have to say that, for a warrior, there is a substantial grind for stats if you want to be universally efficient.  But there isn't an endless or eternal grind as when you get said items, there shouldn't be a higher tier you have to strive to get.

I don't know how new you are to the game but, you don't really NEED to get every single set for every build, I mean you can but it's going to take quite a bit of time.

I main a Necro and used to have 3 sets, but guess what I only actually use one. So i got rid of the others because quite frankly I won't need them. Exotic gear was quite easy to get from dungeons, even more I got gold to buy anything else I needed. As for accessories I have the ascended backpack and 2 ascended rings (Here I will agree there's a grind) Fortunately now you can choose your rings so it's not as bad.

I'm still using rare accessories and trinket because I'm not going to buy 10-20g trinkets,I just don't need them to be competitive. 

Either way I don't see why you're farming cursed shores, it has been nerfed a lot and rarely get any good drops there, not to mention it's quite boring imo, you're better off farming fractals for gold or getting a dungeon set, which imo is way more fun because you get to meet people, form teams and cooperate towards a common goal.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

If you want exotics, you can craft them for Grenth's sake. Buy them with karma in Orr. Hit the trading post. You want ascended, there are rings and backpieces and that's it right now. Do what... ten or so fractal dailies and you have a ring. Craft a backpiece.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I don't know how new you are to the game but, you don't really NEED to get every single set for every build, I mean you can but it's going to take quite a bit of time.

I main a Necro and used to have 3 sets, but guess what I only actually use one. So i got rid of the others because quite frankly I won't need them. Exotic gear was quite easy to get from dungeons, even more I got gold to buy anything else I needed. As for accessories I have the ascended backpack and 2 ascended rings (Here I will agree there's a grind) Fortunately now you can choose your rings so it's not as bad.

I'm still using rare accessories and trinket because I'm not going to buy 10-20g trinkets,I just don't need them to be competitive. 

Either way I don't see why you're farming cursed shores, it has been nerfed a lot and rarely get any good drops there, not to mention it's quite boring imo, you're better off farming fractals for gold or getting a dungeon set, which imo is way more fun because you get to meet people, form teams and cooperate towards a common goal.

Well, I actually addressed all of what you said in what I wrote, so I'm not sure what you're goal here was.  I even said warrior specifically, stating specific builds and ANET's current stance on how warriors should function vs. how they are end game outside of dungeons.

I've been playing since the first beta sparingly to answer one of your question; I'm not sure how to respond to the rest of what you wrote, as you seemed to have skimmed over the first bit and not the whole thing.

In addition, I'm sure you know what you're talking about with your necro and I have complete faith in what you say as I don't main it; warrior, however, is a different case if you want complete efficiency (not in a +3 stat being better, but actual efficiency in that a build is gimped if you don't have this piece, that, this food, that sigil, those 3 stats on this... etc.  Depending on your goal).  Again, I also stated that you could technically do pretty much anything with one build in my original post, and went further on to prove the point as I saw it while even comparing it to the first where there was truly no stat-farming.

I thank you for your comment on fractals (I even noted sources such as this in my post as there being other ways), and your comment about my farming of Curse Shores (I'm on a hectic schedule that doesn't match my friends).  I did ask for better ways, but I thought it pretty clear (or at least implied, as that's all people seem to do now) that fractals where already considered.

The thing about warriors is that the different styles available to them require vastly different stats as they are primarily melee based to give maximum damage.  Each of these styles, trait synergies, etc. require different sets as opposed to say a Guardian where losing efficiency is less of a big deal.

I would like to quote a few active members of the Warrior Community who state the following (so that what I'm saying just isn't my own opinion but theirs when it comes to flexibility vs. efficiency when (again) it comes to specific builds and a totally 180 being needed if you want to incorporate something):

"After extensive discussions with Sithicus (The primary theory-crafter here on Warrior tank/support), it became really clear that you just don't want a tanky build with a GS or any other dps weapon. Really all you're doing is wasting your efficiency. Guardians have the luxuray (Or curse?) of needing some crit with their tanky sets, so often you'll see a GS tank Guardian. Sadly (Or gladly?) Warriors cannot pull this off" - Brand

"The sword on a power/toughness/condition armour set (I think thats it) would be interesting but... Its so specific its useless for anything else. If you build for that, you need new armour when you build for anything else. Not really a big issue, but something to think about. Same thing with healing power. All the other builds can use very similar armour. Personally I have enough trouble keeping track of my regular armour and MF armour, sigh." - Dawdler

There are many others throughout the warrior discussion, but also keep in mind that I create my own builds for use by other people who are having trouble acclimating to the warrior's specific play style and GW 2 culture; as such, I consistantly min/max all my stats to meet with the dozens of synergies that are available in traits / weapons / crit chance / food source etc.  A lot of the time this involves even means completely mixing up the half dozen complete sets I've farmed to accentuate the point of the build (which creates even more efficient builds especially with new gems each time).

To pull off crit with a warrior tank and or support the nomberry ghost, as well as specific gems and crit chance is needed (with crit sigils and perhaps generosity to switch once stats on hit are accumulated... which requires a swap of weapons to more crit when they are achieved for efficiency's sake).  Though even that is fairly useless against bosses, and requires a quick swap once massive amounts of mobs are passed.

Again, I noted previously that it is technically feasible to play the game with any build; though with the balancing goals of ANET ( http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/78027-class-balance-philosophies/ ) it is easy to foresee the need to cover the basics of the warrior to both maximize damage while at the same time being able to survive on the front.  This is more evident outside of dungeons and in the world towards the later parts of the game when all undead poison or bleed you repeatedly.

In addition, I also noted my own experiences in that I am able to maximize my efficiency in WoW at a much quicker pace than jump through hurdles doing so here -- which was the point of the thread, as it was a WoW player wanting to see what it was like at end game.  Again, I specifically said my experiences with a warrior, which would imply "stay away from this class" if you don't want a class that has to worry about these things.

I'm not usually one for efficiency; heck, I don't even have DPS meter mods on WoW and simply follow a set sheet to see what stats are best for my specialization (with quick, pretty much free gems and reforging to make up for such without having to even do a quick fractal).  But as a warrior it's completely took over my play style simply because of the things you have to worry about when playing the GW2 Warrior under ANET's current philosphy.

That or I could just settle with doing one thing and just get better as a player in making that work; not quite what I would want (a personal matter) as I feel it is owed to my friends and acquiantances to be as strong as possible in helping them or having them help me in various situations (which, again, does not mean this one has +3 stats of the same set); armor in itself, however, is more valuable when it comes to exotics for heavy plate wears.

There is 298 - 363 disparity between masterwork and exotic armor values; that is essentially +65 toughness worth of armor, with some 35 between it and rares.  That is just with one piece of armor for a class that should be dealing out damage in the front when it possible.

Just some stats on the amulet I mentioned in my first post (has little relevence to the point I just tried to make, but it's in the game):

Triforge Pendant (Amulet) (150g; almost like 150,000 in WoW gold)

+40 Power

+40 Precision

+40 Toughness

+40 Vitality

+5% Crit damage (!)

+40 Healing

+40 Condition Damage

+3 Magic Find

Unupgraded slot

Masterwork Amulet:

Coral Pendant:

+52 Power

+52 Condition Damage

+3 Magic find

Unupgraded slot

Rare Version:

+56

+56

+3

Unupgraded slot

Cheapest Exotic Amulet on Black Market:  1G 99S

+64 Power

+64 Condition

+3 Magic Find

Unupgraded slot

With your magic find set in particular, one is clearly the best to the point it's ridiculous.  I'd even say so if you were a +crit damage and +crit chance build, especially with the condition damage if you second with bleeds or the like.  The others are just bonus and direct damage increase (or survival) with a linear progression if they don't synergize with your build.

Ultimately, those who say there is a grind and disparity between stats have it easy as they only have to provide one point to be correct at the core of the matter.  Though I do appreciate there is more to it, and few will actually be able to afford the best of the best stuff when these rare matters do arise.  This is partially why I stated -warrior only- and my own experiences -- along with people I confer with on the topic.

Lastly, I never said the "Grind" was extreme (or at least I didn't mean to!) in my first post.  Just that it was quicker to get a piece in WoW nowadays (again, what I assumed was one of the points of the OP's questions).  I also mentioned that there shouldn't be a significant tread mill in GW2 when compared to it again, as WoW has a new tier of sets every six months and we're hoping we stick with the same gear with GW2 when we're done.

I've a sneaking suspicion the level cap will increase next expansion, though... so it may be a mute point then.  But as it stands there is just a longer grind, with a light at the end of the tunnel.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Volkon

If you want exotics, you can craft them for Grenth's sake. Buy them with karma in Orr. Hit the trading post. You want ascended, there are rings and backpieces and that's it right now. Do what... ten or so fractal dailies and you have a ring. Craft a backpiece.

Actually exotics are very cheap at TP. Buy 20 euros in gems, trade the gems for in-game gold (sweet!) and get 1 full exotic armor set and an exotic weapon. It is the fastest way of gearing yourself.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

Okay let's just say that the grind in gw2 is personal and optional, sure you can get out of your way and get every item you want to satisfy your needs, but you don't really need it, I did arah with my rare gear and did just fine then, never did I need exotics or different sets. I mean setting yourself for a goal of a 140g trinket is more of a personal task more than a requirement.

As for warriors, I have a level 80 warrior with berserker gear, and that's all I'll need on him because to me that's what warriors excel at, not saying you can't play it any other way but to me that's what they are best at. This took me only 2 weeks to get him from 1-80 and get him setup with exotic/ascended, was it a grind? I think not.

As for the OP, dailies in GW2 are very simple and easy, If leveling an alt more often than not you'll get it without even trying. Monthly takes longer but it's not such a great task either.

I'll be honest thou I didn't read through your whole post guy because frankly my eyes will get tired, maybe if you get to your point and a TL;DR would be nice.

Originally posted by xposeidon

Okay let's just say that the grind in gw2 is personal and optional, sure you can get out of your way and get every item you want to satisfy your needs, but you don't really need it, I did arah with my rare gear and did just fine then, never did I need exotics or different sets. I mean setting yourself for a goal of a 140g trinket is more of a personal task more than a requirement.

As for warriors, I have a level 80 warrior with berserker gear, and that's all I'll need on him because to me that's what warriors excel at, not saying you can't play it any other way but to me that's what they are best at. This took me only 2 weeks to get him from 1-80 and get him setup with exotic/ascended, was it a grind? I think not.

As for the OP, dailies in GW2 are very simple and easy, If leveling an alt more often than not you'll get it without even trying. Monthly takes longer but it's not such a great task either.

I'll be honest thou I didn't read through your whole post guy because frankly my eyes will get tired, maybe if you get to your point and a TL;DR would be nice.

You can complete lvl 30 Fractals without full ascended gear.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by RedJorge

Actually exotics are very cheap at TP. Buy 20 euros in gems, trade the gems for in-game gold (sweet!) and get 1 full exotic armor set and an exotic weapon. It is the fastest way of gearing yourself.

And still cheeper over the long haul compared to paying a monthly subscription.

Ive geared 3 80's this way now and wouldnt change a thing about the system.  IMO best cash shop ever.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    edit for clarity.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

If you do 3 dungeon paths a day, you should have a full set of exotics within a week. Quicker if you are happy to have mismatched sets. Or even quicker than that if you just buy them. Granted it wont be the exact stats you want unless you farm the right runes, but you can get full exotic very easily.

If you complete your monthly PvE quest ... BAM ... enough Karma to buy a full set of exotics in Orr.

Ascended items are intended to be a long term achievement, but ultimately have very little impact on character power.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

I had to re-check the OP because I forgot what the topic was after reading this massive DERAIL.

I can only speak for WoW (quit GW2 rather quickly), where dailies have evolved a lot since their introduction in TBC. Right now, dailies in WoW are a game unto themselves - not a timesink mini addition you used to grind for rep / gold. They're storied, multi layered affairs that branch off somewhat randomly into cohesive chains which feel much better than the quest hub dailies of old.

In the latest patch, the dailies are some of the most fun mmorpg gameplay there ever was.

I'm somewhat glad they decided to go this way - to push this mechanic to it's limits - AWAY from the supposed departure from quests which turned GW2 into the most detached-feeling game of this year.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154
    havent really done gw2 dailies but i somehow enjoyed doing wow dailies it was fun doing them except when alot of people were online then you have to be quick about it heh

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Its exactly the same thing, except WoW is a quests you pick up (or random bonus) while Gw2 is just achievement based you automatically get. Very little difference between the two. 
    Originally posted by xposeidon

You can complete lvl 30 Fractals without full ascended gear.

But you can complete the lower levels without it, and they will give you pristine relics to get the ascended gear you need if you want to progress past 30 so...

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by RedJorge

Oh great, so now it's just PtW. I kid, I think.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Marirranya
    havent really done gw2 dailies but i somehow enjoyed doing wow dailies it was fun doing them except when alot of people were online then you have to be quick about it heh

You might have completed them in GW2 without even knowing it by simply playing the game. :)

If you see a small chest popping up on the right down side of your screen then you know they are done!

What you need is simply:

- 15 different types of enemies to be killed (it counts to the 60 kills below)

- 60 kills

- 20 gatherings (depending how much you gathered from a node, fairly fast to finish)

- 5 events

The best thing of it is that you can switch characters during the game and it still counts.

So if you are in a area in which you can't find 15 different enemies as example, you just switch to one of your other characters that are in a different are with different types of enemies and finish it on the fly.

If you don't wanna look around for events in the PvE, you just jump into WvsWvsW and finish your events there pretty fast by attacking or defending dolyaks, depots, towers, keeps, doing pve events, taking the quaggan spots and so on.

So far no other mmo ever was THAT flexible when it comes to dailies.