Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone seen any reviews on this game?

There is not much info available, except some screenshots and blog at http://mage-online.com/index.php?page=1

In any case i'm downloading it for a quick test.

Comments

• frblackfrblack Member Posts: 21

OK, after playing a few hours i realized this game is still in the make, but it looks certainly interesting to check. Crafting system is something i have long been missing from nowadays games.

Someone told me you can actually dig your own dungeons and populate it with crafted items? I will check this tomorrow :)

I have tried digging in desert and found some treasures :P

• cvettecvette Member UncommonPosts: 82

If you do get a chance to try it out, could you keep me updated about your experiences with the game. It does look pretty interesting. Too bad they dont have a little gameplay video.

Thanks

yeah, when i got some friendly buffs, killing mobs got alot easier.

only thing i hate so far is the midnight darkness hours, have to turn gamma on to see something.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    lol wow, the game looks and from your discription sounds pretty old school

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

i have no problem with old school, started with asherons call long time ago :D

crafted my first dagger - tutorial quest reward. my damage is better now... lets see how it goes.

level 3. actually i had to work for the levels; unlike in most modern games, where your first 10 levels are pretty much handed out  right away :)

i just love this area nuke! burn spiders, burn!

I had some extra time today, here is some more info. Bit hard to play, as usually noone is around to team with or get help.

It seems missions are generated for your level range, there is boss to kill and treasure to find. Mission chests have puzzle games to disarm and impove loot. Doors, keys, just like dungeon master type games.

Asked someone in game who seem to have connection with devs to make some youtube vids. Lets see, the game is changing alot, lots of short downtimes, kinda frustrating - but at least no lost items so far. There is only one server apparently i was told.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

From a post in news, it looks like the engine is Ogre.  I wasn't aware that there was an MMO framework available for it.  The dev might have wrote his / her own.  Pretty impressive if so, not an easy task.  Also noted lots of complex UI work.

Looks like something worth checking out.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

yes, at first start-up there was an Ogre configuration dialog. The whole download was around 120Mb, i have expected alot bigger download to be honest.

map data is downloaded once you move around, i see a bunch of those files on my HD. if i understood correctly the land is 128 x128 square miles, thats a pretty huge desert world to explore.

here is another picture from a mission boss fight, spanking a skeleton lord here :)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Looks interesting.  Once I'm off my current programming binge, I'm signing up to check it out.  I've played several micro-budget small team MMORPGs.  They're usually great fun and I like the communities they draw.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
        i was going to take a look at it but my antivirus went nuts during the download and would not allow it to go any further....... By the looks of it , it appears to be very old school with very dated graphics....That doesnt mean it cant be fun but it does look very limited.
    I have Avira Pro, and it didnt complain anything. Yes, gfx is nothing like mainstream games, but at least runs really smooth and it is not burning my video card like TSW after 5 minutes :)
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Looks really oldschool. while im not a Graphics over gameplay Gal, There is a point where the Poking me in the face with bad graphics gets to me... i see it in those pictures.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Today i had fun killing some bosses in team. I got finally my first pet under control too, works pretty well.

There is a lot of activity going on, several patches/day...

The bottom line is I like what i have seen so far, but for now i'm going to jump into testing some other games.

Definitely going to check back later to see how things develop.

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    The graphics makes it look like a game from 2003 / 2004 which means that I would never touch it.