Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to buy tera some questions

LutheriusLutherius Member UncommonPosts: 8

Hello guys! im from Greece

and i want to buy TERA EU release.

I had played the 7 trial and i love it.

The game has enough people or is empty?

always for the eu release i speak.

please someone from europe answer me. also how

is the community of tera? ty

Comments

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Hi,

I wanted to know how Tera is too, but discovered this thread and now will get starter edition, thanks guys who posted it=)

I think before you gonna buy this game would be wise to have non limited trial.
    Be sure you don't go to EU site as they don't have unlimited option, be at USA.
    Well look by your own here:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/477/view/forums/thread/368794/TERA-Discovery-Edition.html

hope it helps=)

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• LutheriusLutherius Member UncommonPosts: 8

ty girl!! i am playing eu 7 trial and really the game rocks.

also i see many people in starting area so i think the game has progression.

i will buy it and i will upgrade my trial account.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by NBlitz

It seems the game is going F2P. Just a heads up.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373000/BHS-and-NHN-Announce-F2P-Model.html

Hasn't been announced for NA yet, also there will still be a subscription option anyways and veteran players(people who actually bought the game) will have benefits.

So...it's still worth buying it for 4.99 off amazon and getting all the benefits that will cost who knows what when/if it goes F2P.

Also massive content updates are on the way!!

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by NBlitz

It seems the game is going F2P. Just a heads up.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373000/BHS-and-NHN-Announce-F2P-Model.html

Hasn't been announced for NA yet,

Okay.

also there will still be a subscription option anyways and veteran players(people who actually bought the game) will have benefits.

Yes, but still, now he has more information and he can decide for himself what his next move will be.

So...it's still worth buying it for 4.99 off amazon and getting all the benefits that will cost who knows what when/if it goes F2P.

He's in EU and so am I. When/if it goes F2P I'm not too optimistic about the EU side.

Also massive content updates are on the way!!

Cool! Or maybe not cool. Too many games, too little time heh. image

Oh... I thought you were NA for some reason.

Yeah EU side is being managed pretty horribly, I wouldn't be surprised if they went F2P, but the problem is they would probably bring NA with them.

Regardless, I think a lot of people will return to see what the new content is all about, it's really interesting on paper, there's a thread I posted if you want to read up on it.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/372991/Massive-changes-to-TERA.html

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I would wait. TERA announced today that they are going F2P in Japan and South Korea. From the looks of it TERA EU will follow in January.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=133964

”The Korean version of TERA is going f2p which is the next big step for them. Please understand that it is too early right now to talk about this but we will have more information for you about the EU version in January.”

From that official statement from EU it pretty much seems they will be announcing the "updated" model in January... since it is too early to talk about it now. I would just wait unless you are going into the game with a friend.

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

I would wait. TERA announced today that they are going F2P in Japan and South Korea. From the looks of it TERA EU will follow in January.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=133964

”The Korean version of TERA is going f2p which is the next big step for them. Please understand that it is too early right now to talk about this but we will have more information for you about the EU version in January.”

From that official statement from EU it pretty much seems they will be announcing the "updated" model in January... since it is too early to talk about it now. I would just wait unless you are going into the game with a friend.

Are you "Rosanna" on the NA forums?

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

If you are thinking of playing Tera EU, then be warned. It is not En Masse, it is Gameforge (Frogster).

The support appears to be virtually non-existent. Patches happen behind the US version - and seemingly haphazardly. There have been occasions where the EU version has been 5 patches behind the US - thats not just trailing behind a bit, that's the US playing a different game level than the EU.

Gameforge support of Tera is quite simply - the worst I have ever experienced in many years of gaming. Only matched in parts by some of the community - not all of course, but worse than any other game I've played - including the much quoted (and mostly maligned) wow community.

If you can put up with these, then have a go!. The core of the game is good. Great graphics and environment, character customization is up there with the best. The non-tab targeting gets away from the stand still and shoot standard.

If only this game had some decent financial clout behind it, and a developer with the willingness to move it on, then it would be really good.

• BombzawayBombzaway Member UncommonPosts: 78

Hi I bought the online CE but i a not playint it at atm. the reasons im not playing are far from MMO worthy though...my guild, that had a number of RL freinds in it, disbanded only a month after release.

The game is beautiful, in 2012 grafics ARE an issue and in Tera you will just adore your surroundings, if you dont desipise asian style art. The combat really is fun, the fundamentals are fairly easy to learn but getting the max out of your combos gets quite more difficult as you grow in lvl.

The grind is pretty rough and when it all comes down to it, its just another one of those mmos BUT it definatly is worth 5 bucks...even more so if it goes FTP soon youll get some yummies for 5 bucks which i spent 60 for xD

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by Bombzaway

Hi I bought the online CE but i a not playint it at atm. the reasons im not playing are far from MMO worthy though...my guild, that had a number of RL freinds in it, disbanded only a month after release.

The game is beautiful, in 2012 grafics ARE an issue and in Tera you will just adore your surroundings, if you dont desipise asian style art. The combat really is fun, the fundamentals are fairly easy to learn but getting the max out of your combos gets quite more difficult as you grow in lvl.

The grind is pretty rough and when it all comes down to it, its just another one of those mmos BUT it definatly is worth 5 bucks...even more so if it goes FTP soon youll get some yummies for 5 bucks which i spent 60 for xD

There are many people from EU countries playing EME's NA-TERA version.  They probably have better ping than the Australians and those I know find the game perfectly playable.  Just a couple of days ago I gave a key to a guy in Greece he says it works fine. 

Until Gameforge-Berlin makes significant fundamental changes in their customer care I'd say go NA version period.  Free till level 28.  Currently on Amazon sale at $5.  The customer handling EME has had have been a huge factor in my enjoyment of the game - personally. 

*** As an aside, I too was displeased with the Black Friday sales; but they seemed to act on it so we'll see.  (And goddamn, they didn't have to manyally write those cards!  o.O )

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Buy the game from amazon.com, make up any billing address, doesnt matter. You can buy a gift card and send to yourself.

Get the NA version, forget the EU.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Get the NA version, forget the EU.

Sorry to tell but avoid Gameforge (Frogster), I met them at Runes of Magic, they are lazy? ignorant? careless? azzz care only about Item Shop,

hope En Mass will not do (became) same way as I've heard many good about this small company, so

IMO better avoid EU servers and Gameforge in general.

P.S. is 5$ game copy will bring you any advantages of f2p download for sure?

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

The game is kinda B2P atm, you buy the box for like 20$, with that you get the usual 1 month of free game time and there is this thing called chronoscrolls which can be bought ingame with golds.

Quoted from their website :

"So, if I’m rolling in gold, I don’t ever have to pay for TERA again? I can keep buying in-game chronoscrolls?

Absolutely."

Source : http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/en_US/pd/productID.252895600

Dont know how the economy is or how hard it is to make some gold, but if you like the game, its a pretty neat option.

edit : Not sure if the EU version have that option yet tho. NA has it, not sure about EU.

thanks for info=)

I guess gold is not easy to make but lets wait till it goes f2p.
    EU I'll not play because of Gameforge anyhow.