Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wtf! I just paid real money for a F2P, voluntarily? The world really is ending!

I have played probably just about every F2P MMORPG or MMOFPS....and I have never paid real money for any of them, ever. I always felt that if I felt like I was being held back and couldn't be competitive without paying money, I will just not play the game anymore. I also never liked a F2P enough to where even if it wasn't pay 2 win, I wanted to buy something anyways because I am totally loving the game.

Until this game. From the moment I jumped in, well, actually....after I jumped in, got my butt kicked, and then went to the warpgate and got into my first squad, I was kicking ass right away. As long as you're a skilled FPS player and understand the concept of the game, which is pretty simple, you can really kick some butt and feel like you're contributing.

Outside of aquiring guns, I was gaining certs fast enough for me to feel progress. Especially when it came to unlocks for my class...cert costs of those are very reasonable.

I play heavy assault for TR and I trialed quite a few guns, and just kept liking the default gun more (mainly for its large mag size). But, there was a t9 carv s (special edition of the default gun) which had the same stats as the default gun, just had a few more attachments you could put on it.

Even tho it was a very small bit better, when I trialed it...I didn't play any better.....So, after a few days of playing the game, it grew on me more and more every hour I played.

Ended up saying "screw it! I actually love this game!" and I bought that t9 carv s, several camos, composite armor (just asthetic, there is no better armor), and a couple boosters.

So what I thought could never happen....did....I loved a F2P so much, that I bought a bunch of crap I didn't even feel I needed, just because I felt it was a game worthy of a retail price.

F2P games should really start to treat players as potential investors. That's what I felt like I was when I bought stuff in PS2. I really just bought it to support the game.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

lmfao, same here man... Idk I've enjoyed giving them money. I  had to stop myself and set a $20/month limit, and only buy during sony cash specials...

loggin in now.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BoonshniggleBoonshniggle Member Posts: 48

At first I thought the game was going to get too repetitious for me, and that the lack of solid goals would make me bored.

Nope, the gameplay is just so damn tight and the scale is just so damn amazing that other shooters bore me atm.

So far everyday I play....there are so many WTF and Holy Sh** moments when playing with my outfit that the gameplay stays fresh to me, at least in my experience.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    What server you guys on? I'm on Waterson TR! If your on the same one we should start a outfit!!
  • iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Yes, I never thought I'd once say this after SOE bagged the original PS1 with BFR crap and then completely demolished SWG. But I am a happy customer thus far with PS2. Granted 50% of it is the fun I'm having with rolling with my old Outfit again from PS1. I'm glad I'm not alone though, and yes I have shelled out some cash on cosmetics as well. I agree that most storebought weapons aren't any more better than the defaults, besides if you really feel determined to not spend a dime, you can cert buy em, just takes tons. I did however purchase the Gauss Compact S and the NS Decimator from the shop, happy with my purchase on those.

Cheers!

TwitchTV: iNeoki

Originally posted by Aeolron
    What server you guys on? I'm on Waterson TR! If your on the same one we should start a outfit!!

I am on Waterson as TR also. I am however already in an outfit, I roll with AOTR. Dunno if you've noticed us around or not. I think they are still recruiting, but there is no way I am leaving them :P

http://terran-republic.com/

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    I'm on the same boat man, this game is very enjoyable!
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Boonshniggle

I am on Waterson as TR also. I am however already in an outfit, I roll with AOTR. Dunno if you've noticed us around or not. I think they are still recruiting, but there is no way I am leaving them :P

Hey boon can I join you guys? Been looking for a good outfit for awhile, plus it's nice to group with someone from mmorpg.com, let me know names Rudo , BR 30 medic

Originally posted by Boonshniggle

Hey boon can I join you guys? Been looking for a good outfit for awhile, plus it's nice to group with someone from mmorpg.com, let me know names Rudo , BR 30 medic

Totally not my call dude, goto the recruitment link on the website.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i spent $60 on PS2 so far

and i regret it much actually, because i feel like my server is on the decline already ( Briggs )

im a NC and NC is so so so so fucked up in Briggs, we almost have no base at all the entire time

So What Now?

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I have spent a lot of money on this game and went in intending to be strictly F2P. Noticing some pop decline on my server, hopefully they will start doing merges or dynamic tech before it becomes a problem.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    I have spent a lot of money on this game and went in intending to be strictly F2P. Noticing some pop decline on my server, hopefully they will start doing merges or dynamic tech before it becomes a problem.

Most servers have seen a significant decline in players and im betting some of this is down to the slow-ass cert grind and the stupidly priced cash shop.

My server (Miller) has massive population problems now and faction imbalance, NC are pretty much gone. If i had paid real cash and was playing NC on my server i'd be pretty annoyed that purchases are character only and not account-based.

They merged servers in PS1, but im not sure this is the way to go with PS2 as once you do away with a server, it's gone for good and any revival is unlikely.

Once the double xp finishes im waiting to see another mass exodus of players...SOE have made PS2 too much about the grind and not enough about the game, they failed with the pricing structure in PS and they are failing in PS2.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i want them to start merging server ( but as i am playing in the only Oceanic server available ) i think my chances are close to zero

i just cant play as NC anymore on that server

So What Now?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

PS2 population. After one month, hours played have fallen by 10,000 or 33%. To put that in perspective Swtor fell around 45% after a month, and GW2 fell around 60%.

So has there been a decrese? Yes, but the post launch decline is much smaller than all the AAA mmo released this year.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"