Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 29.99 on Amazon

niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
Guild Wars 2 is currently on sale for 29.99 on Amazon.  I didn't see an expiration date on it, but it is part of the year end sale so I can't see it lasting past the 31st or 1st.

Comments

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    So if box sales aren't enough will Anet offer a sub plan to make their money back?

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• DarkOmegaDarkOmega Member Posts: 28
    20 bucks to much.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Chieftan
    So if box sales aren't enough will Anet offer a sub plan to make their money back?

They've already made their money back and are well into the profit portion of things lol... 

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
  • sevaesevae Member Posts: 3
    Click on PC Download.
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    OWNED!!
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Yeah, it is $29.99 for the Digital Download Version, plus you get a $5 credit on any one "Editor's Choice" game download in from Amazon in January, 2013.

It's a great deal.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Yep same downward spiral trend as SWTOR had, next thing the boxes will start backlogging and the price will drop another 5 to ten dollars. THEN they break out the cash shop and area locks in the FTP model and the whole FTP is the future crap of course the fanatics will all beleive it to until the bitter end.

That one looked like a holiday special deal.

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19709/Guild-Wars-2-PC/

On a few sites, probably out of stock until their next bait and switch.

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

Well, the download version on amazon's back to 60$.

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-2-Pc/dp/B001TOQ8X4

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Faelsun

...THEN they break out the cash shop and area locks in the FTP model and the whole FTP is the future crap of course the fanatics will all beleive it to until the bitter end.

Have you played the game? Not happening.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Yep same downward spiral trend as SWTOR had, next thing the boxes will start backlogging and the price will drop another 5 to ten dollars. THEN they break out the cash shop and area locks in the FTP model and the whole FTP is the future crap of course the fanatics will all beleive it to until the bitter end.

*snip*

You've got to love that crystal ball of yours. Same downward spiral like SWTOR, next thing you know they'll be waving the sub and go F2P, right? *Yawn*

imageimage
  • Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

*snip*

You've got to love that crystal ball of yours. Same downward spiral like SWTOR, next thing you know they'll be waving the sub and go F2P, right? *Yawn*

They could as well make it free. Cash shop is already milking customers as much as possible.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Masa1

*snip*

They could as well make it free. Cash shop is already milking customers as much as possible.

Wierd that I haven't felt the need to even spend a single dollar in the cash shop. I come from a P2W cash shop game, and if you are really playing GW2 and really believe the cash shop is milking players as much as possible then you need to really play some more P2W F2P games. The difference between B2P and F2P is huge in this respect.

All the stuff I might want from the cs, I could get with in game gold. No F2P game has ever made me feel like I don't need to spend more and more and more in the cash shop, like GW2 does.

BTW, how much have you spent in the cash shop and why?

imageimage
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Well, it didn't take long for 2 things to happen:  The price to go back up, and people to be people.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    GW2 appears to be making a ton of money off cash shop. Which is fine with me. I wont spend a dime there but am happy to let other people buy decorations to fund developement for me to play. Would happily pay for a sub too, now that my initial $60 equivelant 4 month time has finished.
  • kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I bit at $29.99. Haven't played since just after release as I never had, or really cared for, a retail key. I figure at $30, I can afford to have it around in case I ever feel like playing it. I'm right now in the middle of the insane task of downloading this huge game, so I think I will get to play tomorrow most likely.
  • bigtime102bigtime102 Member UncommonPosts: 177

Should be free, with a cash shop and all why are they charging to play? Cash shop players pay for non cash shop players, its the only fair deal. You want to win with your money, you pay for others to lose for free.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

All the stuff I might want from the cs, I could get with in game gold.

No F2P game has ever made me feel like I don't need to spend more and more and more in the cash shop, like GW2 does.

BTW, how much have you spent in the cash shop and why?

I agree

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by bigtime102

Should be free, with a cash shop and all why are they charging to play? Cash shop players pay for non cash shop players, its the only fair deal. You want to win with your money, you pay for others to lose for free.

Most of the items are convenience or vanity items. So, it is not P2W as you are insinuating - that would be Allods Online. You don't have to buy anything from the CS to get through the game. GW1 was B2P also.

So, they spent 5 years developing this game and you want it for free?

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by bigtime102

Odd post ....Win what?  Loose what? .Oh I got ya I've played for 4 months and I payed $60 so I'm winning in game value ...I guess that means I'm losing in time value as I could be doing something more valuable with my time then playing a game.