Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Instance Twilight.

GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

So I did my first true instance in Wushu,

I had done a couple of the semi phased events before but some people in the school chat were asking for more for Twilight so I decided to give it a go.

First off, the translations are still terrible, you really have to have a degree in broken english to wade through some of this stuff...luckily the pertinant information was understandable. Even if the dude "ran off excited" when we failed to rescue the girl I think we got the general idea of what was going on.

The entire event reminded me of an old world WoW event, the ones that took forever to complete and required multiple deaths. I think I died 6 times in the hour we were in the instance...yes hour, when I first got in and saw it had a three hour long timer I laughed thinking there is no way this thing can take three hours. Then I got started and we had a good group and the "real player enemies", that is actual players teleported in to provide more thoughfull combatants, sucked so we breezed through most of the bosses (with a few deaths) and it still took almost an hour.

There were many mechanics of interest, like running a bucket brigade to put out a burning village or protecting villagers while they try and get back stolen village treasure (what kind of treasure does a village have anyway?). A lot of running around spamming AOE skills and eating HP potions to stop from dieing...again...and having to do the walk back to the fight.

I didn't actually win any of the rolls for the good skills that were dropped. But there were many dropped, mostly flying but also partial tier 3 internal books. All in all I was reminded of people who always said they missed the difficult dungeons of early MMORPG's...

Anyone else run one of these yet?

Comments

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Tried it today. Part of the time we spent trying to figure out what were supposed to do, and then the group fell aprat when we failed to save the girl.

I think our party was a little under leveled too.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I did it a couple days ago. We didn't complete. I think we made it to the 3rd or 4th boss. OP sums it pretty nicely. The only thing I have to add is that there are no circles on the ground or warnings for attacks. All visual ques, quick ones at that. The bosses will one shot you.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by bcbully
    I did it a couple days ago. We didn't complete. I think we made it to the 3rd or 4th boss. OP sums it pretty nicely. The only thing I have to add is that there are no circles on the ground or warnings for attacks. All visual ques, quick ones at that. The bosses will one shot you.

That is a good point. The school war during the last beta was a bit odd. The final boss had a few one-hit moves that were quite hard to detect when he was going to use his moves.

I doubt they'll put in any sort of visual queues so just another thing to get used to.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    So this is an instanced game, and not a persistant world?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled

...just DL it and see...  Won't cost you a thing.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

There are a number of phased events, where you challange a certain clan/hero/villan/family to combat and go in with a small group...this occurs in the open world but is phased so you are seperate from the rest of the game while it is going on. There are a very small number of real instances...in the case of twilight you take a boat out to an island instead of just going through some misty portal but its the same thing really. Thankfully if you do not like such events you never have to set foot inside them as the items are not bound to the character and you can get them from market stalls, I think at the moment there are only 5 or so of these.

I enjoy the phased events but my luck is so bad with rolling I bought my first flying skill upgrade with money made from cooking.

Other events like school script raids take place in the world as is and you will just have to deal with them the hour they go on. Though generally people are so busy trying to get scrolls and get away they are not going to bother you unless you are actively defending a book case.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by birdycephon

Tried it today. Part of the time we spent trying to figure out what were supposed to do, and then the group fell aprat when we failed to save the girl.

I think our party was a little under leveled too.

Just for future reference you can continue if you fail to save the girl from being taken advantage of.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Meh its not that hard, done it a couple of times and its just tricks and knowhows on how to do it.  the only part that could screw it up for 10 min is the player help the boss gets. could be lowbees or skilled players comming in, never know. its also one of the worce instances in the game :P very buggy.  cant wait till everyone is is skilled enough to do the higher tier ones. 

btw, only forbidden instances take this long. (up to several hours)  and theres only a few of those ingame. mini instances are more common (15-30min runs) 

these forbidden  instances is were most of the good stuff drops tho (skill books) however not the best places for xp/cp

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Sorry, I find we have different tastes on what a good game is. I wouldn't take advice from you.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

Sorry, I find we have different tastes on what a good game is. I wouldn't take advice from you.

It is instanced but done quite tastefully, I think. The zones load in like less than 5 seconds, and while I haven't done any of the full blown dungeons, the mini dungeons have no load screen at all, basically all the other players around you disappear and the mobs for your "dungeon" replace them.

My only real complain about the zoning in the game is that the zones don't feel open enough. They do feel pretty open, but not open ENOUGH for a sandbox, I think. But its a small gripe, the only real beef I have with the game is the horribad translations and the AI that you need a degree in physics to understand. Great game if you can get past those two things, which I did in 2 or 3 play sessions.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

Yes we do, You are one of the last mega GW2 fans left on this site. That doesn't mean we have to disagree on everything though. Happy holidays.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

as for clan war bosses, they were added while most ppl had 3rd internal skill in chiense version, while NA and Russian version block it at 1st internal skill till more ppl get it thats why he hit hard

casting bar of bosses show at top of screen under their hp

as for last boss 1 hit, thats tricky.. if You dont kill last boss in 4 min, other one will come which have strong root skill with hi hpo drain 

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/263/20120627/Forbidden_Ground_Village_in_Dusk_Guide_updated_guide_for_Hell_Mode-4feab25d11b254c13-1.html

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374

Did it in CBT1 and went without a hitch.  Just did it today though, and got the biggest headache I thought imaginable.

For some reason, the leader kept wanting to start up arrays in the middle of the fight.  Not before like most people, but in the middle.

Between two Royal Guards, a scholar, a wanderer's valley, and a shaolin, both the RGs felt the incessant need to knock all the mobs out of the Scholar/Wanderer's AOEs and make things generally take too long.

When it came to the second boss with the player help, we got into the corner house and closed the door, effectively blocking the player help out since one of the RGs was smart enough to do his knockback by the door to keep them from opening it.  Then the leader decides he wants to open it and let the RG/Scholar opponents in.

And they decided they wanted to bring both of the mini-bosses/bosses at the end along with all of the other mobs in the area and get mad at the scholar (me) because "I didn't kill them fast enough."

I hate so many Royal Guards.