Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 months in. Are you still playing? If so, What are you doing now?

123457»

Comments

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Still playing and still like it a great deal.  I leveled an engineer to 80 but enjoyed the elementalist quite a bit more so leveled one of those to 80 as well.  I'm now completing maps and starting to check out dungeons.  Although, now that TSW has removed it's sub, I'll be giving that a look.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

As a knight who defended Anet for many months when GW2 was burned and trashtalked everyday, i stopped playing it.

I bought GW2 for WvW and had high hopes.
    Its just a battleground that resets each week with no glory or interesting mechanics.
    Same old same old arcade style pvp.
    I am missing my healer i played in many mmo's
    No updates since launch to improve WvW.

Might check back in when Anet decides there is more then pve.
    But looking at how they broke their own promise i think iam done with GW2.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

I'm still playing and I haven't even hit lvl 80 yet. Stil love it and will be playing it with my buddies for a long long time. What can I say.. I played GW1 from day 1 up until the day GW2 released. Yep, I am a fan :p

Here's what I'm doing...

Dailies

Events

Mapping

Leveling up all the classes I like

PvP

WvW

Previewing armors, weapons, etc and wishing I can have them all. lol

Oh yea.. only finished 1 dungeon so far and got my Ghastly greatsword! (AC explorer lol). Yeah... much much more to do as far as dungeons go!

Yah.. I'm one of the more casual players and still don't see any reason to rush to every corners of this game at all. Enjoy!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by kingj0n
    Originally posted by Volgore

Stopped with 2 chars, both of equally broken classes, both at level 26, when i recognised that the game is the very same from lvl5 to lvl80 - plus ANet just has no clue how to handle/ fix/ balance classes altogether.

The game is a conglomerate of failed concepts. Casters are forced to melee, Necros aren't Necros, Rangers aren't Rangers, the weapons=skills system is weak, the conditions-system doesn't work, pets don't work, DR punishes players and refuses any loot for days, lack of holy trinity turned out to be a cheap excuse for poorly executed classes/traits, same-o-same hearts and DEs in every zone are a cheap excuse for a decent quest and leveling system, events are a mess, etc. etc.

Since i stopped playing, i still kept on following patches and forums and came to the conclusion that ANet doesn't only have no clue how to handle/ fix/ balance classes, but almost ANYTHING in the game.

Loot, economy, DR, DEs, classes, traits... everything is a mess in game -just as PR, community management, communication and customer treatment is outside.

And with the recent heavy drift towards the item shop (Hello Nexon and Crystin Cox), this game will never be any better.

You didn't really play the game.

So much fail in your statements.

I see.

Thanks for telling me that i'm wrong.

Originally posted by cippalippa
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by gambe1
    Stoped playing, switched to STW since it went FTP. And i am loving it :)

What's STW? Am I missing another MMO?

TSW typo maybe?  (it's actually B2P, but still...)

They just went free to play.

Edit: Maybe you still have to buy the box version...idk.

Its B2P, like GW2.

No GW2 it is acually a scam if advertised as B2P, it is more like a F2P Slot machine + P2WIN shop

Aside the fact that you can buy gold with cash, with what you could buy mats to level 1 to 80 through crafting without killing one single mob , then buy the best gear, even legendaries, which should be the top-most game acheivement (P2WIN), but have you ever tried playing without buying even one bank slot upgrade? (F2P)

"but have you ever tried playing without buying even one bank slot upgrade? (F2P)"

Yes, I haven't bought any upgrades whatsoever. I can craft 18 slot bags and equip them and never see the need to stash more items then the given capacity of my bank. (B2P  + F2P)

Originally posted by kingj0n

Stopped with 2 chars, both of equally broken classes, both at level 26, when i recognised that the game is the very same from lvl5 to lvl80 - plus ANet just has no clue how to handle/ fix/ balance classes altogether.

The game is a conglomerate of failed concepts. Casters are forced to melee, Necros aren't Necros, Rangers aren't Rangers, the weapons=skills system is weak, the conditions-system doesn't work, pets don't work, DR punishes players and refuses any loot for days, lack of holy trinity turned out to be a cheap excuse for poorly executed classes/traits, same-o-same hearts and DEs in every zone are a cheap excuse for a decent quest and leveling system, events are a mess, etc. etc.

Since i stopped playing, i still kept on following patches and forums and came to the conclusion that ANet doesn't only have no clue how to handle/ fix/ balance classes, but almost ANYTHING in the game.

Loot, economy, DR, DEs, classes, traits... everything is a mess in game -just as PR, community management, communication and customer treatment is outside.

And with the recent heavy drift towards the item shop (Hello Nexon and Crystin Cox), this game will never be any better.

You didn't really play the game.

So much fail in your statements.

I see.

Thanks for telling me that i'm wrong.

Epic troll spotted!

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Due to college work and family bussiness, I haven't had time to play in 2 weeks.

But I hope to be back soon. I do a bit of everything in the game.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• bigtime102bigtime102 Member UncommonPosts: 177

Im at level 42 and about to retire. Playing around with the trading post atm but I dont see any reason to level to 80. I like farming and making builds to farm, theres none of that here.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by bigtime102

Im at level 42 and about to retire. Playing around with the trading post atm but I dont see any reason to level to 80. I like farming and making builds to farm, theres none of that here.

IF YOU SAY SO

• gipper36gipper36 Member Posts: 23
    im not playing anything NCSOFT after what they pulled on coh/cov.They can rot in hell,boycott NCSOFT so it doesnt happen again.               Dee freedom server over 50 50's still never losing hope.Gods speed everyone and happy holidays!!
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Nope...

Such a boring game. :(

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I am no longer playing... neither are any of my guild mates.  It mostly started as real world stuff getting in the way.. then it turned into no real reason to log in.  

Still worth the purchase,  but I'm playing torchlight 2 at the moment.

• neve1272neve1272 Member UncommonPosts: 44

staring a new toon....just to hard to get gold right now with the loot nerfs cause of bots

roled a gaurdian so much easier to play than my thief (guilty pleasure)

but still love the game so much fun exploring the world

its very worth it for me to overlook other things i dont like as much

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Yeah still playing. Running dungeons and leveling a couple of alts.
  • ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

I am doing fractals making the shiney fractals back im at the last upgrade and ecto sucks! i need 250 ectos to do the last upgrade of my capacitor :(

- I already quit going towards a legendary months ago.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

yup. just finished 8 level 80s.

slowing down tho. Working on legendary and hope to have it by the end of next year :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Not playing anymore. Playing WoW and Asheron's Call 2 now. GW2 was close, but no cigar. I am keeping an eye on it though, and log in from time to time to check changes.