Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: PvP'ers where are you?

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Bad days for PvP'ers. I mean there's quite some recent MMORPG's that feature PvP like Planetside 2, but I can't find one that does not force me to group/zerg with others or feature meaningful PvP for a greater purpose than what FPS PvP is all about.

I like gear + skill based PvP free from hacking, exploiting or that forces me to wait/depend on others to get involved in it.

Games I'm following right now are DW: Unholy Wars, Age of Wushu and thinking about EVE and possibly Aion and Lineage 2. Ultima Online would be also option if people couldn't cheat on it with third party programs that simplify the PvP and it's completely different than what it was. 3rd party programs back in old days didn't exist that simplified the skill cap and I could take on multiple players alone.

All the MMORPG's above are going to be released very soon or already released. So I'm wondering where the PvPers are or plan to be soon. I'm not going to bother bringing a themepark MMORPG in the list that features sidekick, meaningless PvP like DCUO, Guild Wars 2 or WOW (WOW has some ranking, but people MMR abuse it through win trading and I got sick of depending on others to get into the arena action)

[mod edit]

I'm a hardcore PvP'er, but I just can't find any worthy PvP MMORPG atm, but in same time it's better to be involved with something than nothing.

So PvP'ers where are you? I have choices to make soon and I like to make the best possible one. I really love DCUO PvP combat, but is it worth enjoying great, meaningless PvP or should I play a ship game or clunky combat graphic one that features PvP for a purpose beside go kill each other and repeat.

Comments

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Other: gw2

Themepark PvP worth it?

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Lineage 2 
    Originally posted by davc123
    Lineage 2 

I heard good things about the PvP structure. Can you share more about it like the castle system.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ps2
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    DF:UW simply way better than every game listed here. 

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Realm v Realm: GW2, PS2

Other PvP: Tekken Tag 2, BL:R

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

No vote, not a PVPer.

Interesting comment about zerg PVP in modern games.  I can see how there's a hole forming where solo or small team PVP isn't being serviced with the trend.

Sorry I'm no help.  Just watching the trends and this is interesting.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Kopogero
    Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Other: gw2

Themepark PvP worth it?

The spvp and the tpvp i dont care for, wvw is fun. I like to solo wvw, capture command points and all that. Sometimes I get a zerg to chase me :P that is always exciting. 

I see some replays with Planetside 2. Apparently EVE and DW: Unholy War are the top choices for P2P PvP MMORPG. I'm still trying to see if there is a F2P MMORPG worth playing before I move to P2P.

Aion, Lineage 2, Planetside 2(the hacking is #1 turn off right now) or if I should wait a bit for Age of Wushu or am I missing anything else as well?

I wish I get some feedback from players already involved in these F2P MMORPG's. 

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I enjoy Aion's PVP, i used to play Lineage. kinda felt like an upgrade to me (mostly graphics wise, game play... meh except I really hate click to move)

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

Originally posted by fitzgiggler
    I enjoy Aion's PVP, i used to play Lineage. kinda felt like an upgrade to me (mostly graphics wise, game play... meh except I really hate click to move)

I bought Aion when it came out and was subbed for few months. How is endgame PvP?

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Age of Wushu. Great game for PvPers like myself. 

Maybe will try DF: UW when it becomes something other then buggy laggy mess

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I think I will try Wizardry Online. If that sucks, for PvP, I will go for DF:UW or Eve.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

Voted other.

MMO PVP is awful. If I want PVP, I play Call of Duty, Starcraft 2, or LoL. On paper, EVE should suit me nicely, but the gameplay is just horrible.

• Puchu1964Puchu1964 Member Posts: 1

Voted other,

For me classic DAOC still has the best PvP/RvR system so i play classic DAOC, not on live servers because they dont offer classic anymore, but Uthgard does.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

Vote: DFUW

GW2 has shallow PvP so that got boring quick, PS2 is a joke after a bit. Really not much out there TBH.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    What about ESO's 3 faction RvR??

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Kopogero
    Originally posted by fitzgiggler

I bought Aion when it came out and was subbed for few months. How is endgame PvP?

Aion is pretty fun actually end game pvp wise but the problem lies in the massive amount of RNG and GRIND that it puts a lot of people off. 

For me its quite frustrating when you spend lots of time farming for kinah to enchant an item to +15. It's a grind heavy enchant system, perhaps you can try out TERA? The open world pvp there is fun but theres really no RvR or sieges though. 

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    We right here baby!

Age of Wushu
    &
    Ps2
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Voted DF:UW it's the only actual true pvp game comming out, personally I can't wait.
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Darkfall: Unholy Wars
  • the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

gw2 has great combat but lacks content in a major way great for awhile but does get boring after you have full tourney gear and there are no ladders to climb or any real gains..

Personally I am currently into darkfall UW its a great game with tons of rpg elements for devloping your char such as items / skill lvls for each skill / crafting.. Then when it comes down to combat its like an fps / 3ps with a very high time to kill and a lot of abilities at your disposal and viable melee as well.  Combine cool combat with full loot system and huge sieges where you claim territoies and you have a great pvp game imo.  The game has some major flaws atm but most are coding problems not combat problems and I think they will be able to fix these problems and then the game will def be worth playing for any1 into hardcore pvp

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Other. I don't PVP in MMOs. Gear based and zergy. When I PVP I do on RTS or shooters.
This discussion has been closed.