Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

did i miss something?

AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
Are the servers coming back at any point?

Comments

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Aadien

Darkfall 2015.  Estimated beta time for it, holiday season 2017.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

They posted in beta forums.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    why even take the servers down?...why not just let them run for 2 days while people are not in the office...ffs the holidays is when most uf us woking people have lots of time to play. Thanks for nothing AV.....as usual.
  • gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

Are you really asking this on an unofficial forum instead of the official, for a game that is under NDA?

Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    why even take the servers down?...why not just let them run for 2 days while people are not in the office...ffs the holidays is when most uf us woking people have lots of time to play. Thanks for nothing AV.....as usual.

They clearly answered this in the beta forums.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

They clearly explained nothing except that they wanted an excuse to close up shop and go home for xmas. Now all by it'self this isn't asking a lot but after all the delays, the fact that the game was supposed to be already launched, late beta, problems with getting into beta for the first week, etc etc this just comes off as one more piece of "we don't give a crap" from AV....

.like they don't know the majority of  us mmo players have no social life and have nothing to do over the xmas holidays but get some gaming time in....they know full well, and they dont give a crap......just my opinion of course.

Do you know any other dev team that shuts down their servers overCchristmas? ......Even MO, the crappiest smallest dev team ever doesn't shut down the server for 2 days over chrismas. It just makes absolutely no business sense.

Well guess they will teach you a valuable lesson then... patience. 

I thought their response was valid enough... at least they have learned that we want updates... which as you can see they have listened.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by phantomghost

Well guess they will teach you a valuable lesson then... patience. 

I thought their response was valid enough... at least they have learned that we want updates... which as you can see they have listened.

Nah... IF they do bring up the servers tomorrow and have fixed "THE" bug then I won´t be as vocal. But I still think it was a crappy move by them, and it had "bad excuses" written all over it that statement from Tasos. Tomorrow we´ll see for sure if they have it back and fixed. But I wouldn´t get my hopes up. In my eyes some DF-players sure are way to gullible. Just like AV wants em. ;)

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    They are currently WORKING on getting the gamebreaking server issues fixed which is why they took the servers down 
  • drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

They clearly explained nothing except that they wanted an excuse to close up shop and go home for xmas. Now all by it'self this isn't asking a lot but after all the delays, the fact that the game was supposed to be already launched, late beta, problems with getting into beta for the first week, etc etc this just comes off as one more piece of "we don't give a crap" from AV....

.like they don't know the majority of  us mmo players have no social life and have nothing to do over the xmas holidays but get some gaming time in....they know full well, and they dont give a crap......just my opinion of course.

Do you know any other dev team that shuts down their servers overCchristmas? ......Even MO, the crappiest smallest dev team ever doesn't shut down the server for 2 days over chrismas. It just makes absolutely no business sense.

Do you not know what a beta is? Can you not comprehend that the game is in a testing phase and isn't released yet?

Tasos clearly stated that they needed to take the servers down in order to fix "the bug." 

If you refuse to accept that and come up with your own disolusional opinions than good for you, but honestly we've pretty much got updates every day on the status of things so I personally think they are doing a great job communicating with the community.

Also again MO is released...Darkfall UW is still in closed beta...I don't think you have any business sense.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

god forbid they spend any time with their family over christmas.  gso.

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440
    if you wanna know whats up with the servers read the stickys in beta forumn if you dont have access to those forums then your out of luck cause theres an NDA and you arent suppose to talk specifics outside of the forum
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    I for one cant wait for this game to launch! I refuse to play a beta since it will ruin the game for me with all its bugs and probly chase me away from it.....

• fillybluntsfillyblunts Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by muffins89

god forbid they spend any time with their family over christmas.  gso.

I know, thats what were saying. WTF.

Originally posted by drakes821

Also again MO is released...Darkfall UW is still in closed beta...I don't think you have any business sense.

Well, the game WAS suppose to be released over a month ago... And even Tasos said DF1 was the beta for DF:UW. We are here now cause AV painted themselves into a corner. And with all the shit ingame now, it will never ever be released early january like AV said. And to not let us test it now during the holidays is bad business in my eyes. It just postpones the game even more. You can buy into their excuses all you want. I choose not to be as gullible. 

Originally posted by Lahuzer

Well, the game WAS suppose to be released over a month ago... And even Tasos said DF1 was the beta for DF:UW. We are here now cause AV painted themselves into a corner. And with all the shit ingame now, it will never ever be released early january like AV said. And to not let us test it now during the holidays is bad business in my eyes. It just postpones the game even more. You can buy into their excuse all you want. I choose not to be as gullible. 

What would you have them do? Release the game on time and have a horrible launch? Delaying the release and having a large beta is probably one of the smartest moves I've seen AV make.

You need to understand the game is in a closed beta and it will be taking down at times in order to fix things whether it's convenient for you or not. 

And how in the world could you ever classify taking the servers down to fix a game breaking bug during closed beta as "bad business"?

Well, the game WAS suppose to be released over a month ago... And even Tasos said DF1 was the beta for DF:UW. We are here now cause AV painted themselves into a corner. And with all the shit ingame now, it will never ever be released early january like AV said. And to not let us test it now during the holidays is bad business in my eyes. It just postpones the game even more. You can buy into their excuse all you want. I choose not to be as gullible. 

What would you have them do? Release the game on time and have a horrible launch? Delaying the release and having a large beta is probably one of the smartest moves I've seen AV make.

You need to understand the game is in a closed beta and it will be taking down at times in order to fix things whether it's convenient for you or not. 

And how in the world could you ever classify taking the servers down to fix a game breaking bug during closed beta as "bad business"?

Welll that's the whole point. The game was NEVER rdy to be released. It's just AV propaganda all this shit. I say nothing bout it being beta tested. It's how we got there that bothers me the most. But while we now ARE testing it, let us do it. And I just don't buy their excuse for having the servers down during the holidays. It's just a lame excuse to be with their families. "The bug that we shall not speak of" will still be there tomorrow IF the servers go up. I can almost promise you that. But my guess is that we get another excuse from Tasos tomorrow. It will either be "Well we think we have fixed it, so we bring back the servers" and the bug will still be there, and they only turned the servers back on for us, or we get "We need to have the servers down til we fix this cause we couldn't do it even though we worked like crazy over the holidays". And then have it down til it's fixed for real.

I think it's bad business to not keep us testing it so we can get it released since I don't buy their excuse for having the servers down.

Welll that's the whole point. The game was NEVER rdy to be released. It's just AV propaganda all this shit. I say nothing bout it being beta tested. It's how we got there that bothers me the most. But while we now ARE testing it, let us do it. And I just don't buy their excuse for having the servers down during the holidays. It's just a lame excuse to be with their families. "The bug that we shall not speak of" will still be there tomorrow IF the servers go up. I can almost promise you that. But my guess is that we get another excuse from Tasos tomorrow. It will either be "Well we think we have fixed it, so we bring back the servers" and the bug will still be there, and they only turned the servers back on for us, or we get "We need to have the servers down til we fix this cause we couldn't do it even though we worked like crazy over the holidays". And then have it down til it's fixed for real.

I think it's bad business to not keep us testing it so we can get it released since I don't buy their excuse for having the servers down.

Well you can choose to ignor what you've been informed about and make up your own reality and keep freaking out about the servers being down all you want.

Personally whether there reasons are real or fake I don't have a problem with it. Everyone needs a break on Christmas to spend time with their family and friends. The world doesn't revolve around me and my video games.

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

Leaving the servers on to crash and restart by themselves would probably just cause more damage when there's nobody to take care of them.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

they crashed the servers did

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Kuviski

Leaving the servers on to crash and restart by themselves would probably just cause more damage when there's nobody to take care of them.

yep

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

Ahh another AV thread......

To "the people like you community" guy: The games player pop has and more then likely will always have at this point Bitter vets and trolls and even fanboys...go read the DF 1 forums for the last few years its nothing new and neither is AV's BS

To the fan boys: Keep feeding them they love it

To the rest of the people waiting for a released or even remotely ready game Best of luck and dont hold your breath

I honestly give the game 6months to a year and its right back to old DF 1 bs. Bugs greifing and exploits. ITs been said before and I'll say it again AV couldnt code there way out of a wet paper bag with a map and knife.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Nacario

You know, even I who dont dig that much, knows the answer to this. It's clueless shites like you who ruins a community.

lol, yup AV pulls 100th douche move, I complain, and i'm the "community destroyer".....yup, you got it all figured out.....

Id say its the simple lack of reading comprehension skills along with lots of whining that he is referring to when he talks about you being a "community destroyer".

Their post clearly states that due to the server issues, which have been causing the servers to crash unexpectedly and / or not come back up properly after maintenance, they are going to just keep the servers down for a couple days until they have a chance to fix the issue.

There is a problem with the servers and they were not going to spend Christmas trying to fix it. You act as if everything was running perfectly and they simply chose to not keep them open just for the hell of it.

Funniest part is you seem the type that if you were asked to work through Christams eve and Christmas day you would burst into teary fits of rage threatening to quit, complaining how much of a douche your boss is, etc. Yet you expect others to do it just to please you.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Zyzra
    Originally posted by Aadien

Darkfall 2015.  Estimated beta time for it, holiday season 2017.

i almost feel sorry for you.

not only do you spam just about every Darkfall thread, pretty much every day of the week.... but EVEN AT THAT time of day on CHRISTMAS day, there you are thinking you are doing something useful somehow, someway.   lol

were you EVER interested in Darkfall?  will you EVER play the game?  got nothing better to do with your time other than incessantly posting "witty" insults towards the game?  

as if it was a sentient being that deeply hurt you.  haha

where did Darkfall touch you?  show me on this doll.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

Well you can choose to ignor what you've been informed about and make up your own reality and keep freaking out about the servers being down all you want.

Personally whether there reasons are real or fake I don't have a problem with it. Everyone needs a break on Christmas to spend time with their family and friends. The world doesn't revolve around me and my video games.

I´m not ingoring what he said. I choose not to believe it. And with AVs trackrecord, and with everything leading up to this beta, it´s hard for me to trust them. I give them that they at least started communicating better leading up to this christmas statement. But that statement  just had BS written all over it. You choose to trust it, I don´t. Let´s leave it at that. We´ll see how it goes today. But get rdy to be even more disapointed...

This discussion has been closed.