Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got 150$ for Christmas, Looking for some games to buy.

WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127

Like my title says, I got 150$ in the form of Gamestop Giftcards ( Which can be used to by steaam cards too). I am looking for some games to play. I can run pretty much everything and I am more into RPGs and MMORPGs.

Games I have now:

Far cry 3

Darkfall

War Z

Fallen Earth.

Thanks,

Wonderweiss

Comments

• Victor001brVictor001br Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Skyrim! The Elder Scrolls Online
  • WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Victor001br

I am thinking about getting skyrim on steam. Are the mods for it good?

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125

Skyrim is great. Warcraft 3 is also a great game, even if you're not into RTS, playing through the campaign almost feels like an RPG at at times and lots of fun! Age of Empires 3 and Starcraft 2 are fun too.

There are a lot of mods for Skyrim and some of them are quite good. I recommend getting a mod for your menu/inventory if you do end up getting it. You can check out all the mods for it on steam workshop.

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Guildwars 2 would be my top pick. Just got it myself for xmass but it was on my "to get" list for a long while.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Mass Effect 3. It got an alternate ending now so there is no reason to miss this awesome action story based RPG.

As MMORPG I would say TERA. The gameplay is average but the GFX is so good, it alone is worth the price.

Originally posted by Montaronx
    Guildwars 2 would be my top pick. Just got it myself for xmass but it was on my "to get" list for a long while.

I actually have guild wars 2 and did not like it.

Originally posted by Yamota

Mass Effect 3. It got an alternate ending now so there is no reason to miss this awesome action story based RPG.

As MMORPG I would say TERA. The gameplay is average but the GFX are so good.

I loved the combat on that game, but I did not like the questing. Hated it. I think I might get mass effect 3, I did like 2

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

With $150?

Hmm, maybe one of those "free" to play games I keep reading about. They are hip, fresh, and edgy. 

Or...

Single player games. Like new MMOs, but without the need of internet.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Originally posted by WonderweissM
    Originally posted by Yamota

As MMORPG I would say TERA. The gameplay is average but the GFX are so good.

I loved the combat on that game, but I did not like the questing. Hated it. I think I might get mass effect 3, I did like 2

Then you should get it, it is better than ME 2. Its a bit weaker on the RPG part but the combat, GFX and story is better.

Originally posted by NorseGod

With $150?

Hmm, maybe one of those "free" to play games I keep reading about. They are hip, fresh, and edgy. 

Or...

Single player games. Like new MMOs, but without the need of internet.

Sad but true. There are times I am wondering why I am paying a sub. fee for TERA as it plays so much like a single player or Diablo style co-op multiplayer game.

• xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100
    Dark Souls is an amazing game.
    Originally posted by xK3rune
    Dark Souls is an amazing game.

Dark souls is amazing. but I have it on the xbox. Now can I buy the Prepare to Die edition as a full game, or is it a add on?

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Don't understand why anyone would buy gift cards to a store UNLESS they get a bonus/discount for some reason.  If you're going to spend $50 cash on someone, and buy a gift card, give them $50 cash!

I got $50 iTunes gift card from my boss...  I rarely use my iPhone for anything other than email, text, phone...  iPad is collecting dust.  Music is all Pandora.  Movies are all downloaded, netflix, or theater.

*sigh*

As for an answer to your question...

If you don't have any games you REALLY want to play and have been waiting for, save the money.  Single player games go on sale all the time so wait for a really good discount.  Or something new will get released in the next few months that you'll probably want.

OOOR, pick some Free2Play game and unload 150 dollars worth of Pay2Win and stomp on people for a while ;)

Originally posted by Painlezz

Don't understand why anyone would buy gift cards to a store UNLESS they get a bonus/discount for some reason.  If you're going to spend $50 cash on someone, and buy a gift card, give them $50 cash!

I got $50 iTunes gift card from my boss...  I rarely use my iPhone for anything other than email, text, phone...  iPad is collecting dust.  Music is all Pandora.  Movies are all downloaded, netflix, or theater.

*sigh*

As for an answer to your question...

If you don't have any games you REALLY want to play and have been waiting for, save the money.  Single player games go on sale all the time so wait for a really good discount.  Or something new will get released in the next few months that you'll probably want.

OOOR, pick some Free2Play game and unload 150 dollars worth of Pay2Win and stomp on people for a while ;)

I agree on your first part.

I am also looking for single player games.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Well I can tell you what games I asked for, for Christmas.  And got. 

Elder Scrolls Skyrim - PC

Mass Effect Trilogy - PS3  (all three games in one neat little package) 

Assassins Creed 3 - PS3 

Hope that at least gives you some ideas.  I've also been enjoying Guild Wars 2 since October. 

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Ha...well since I just got the game I was reading this article.  I wanted to see what the essential mods for Skyrim might be.  Well here is PC gamers choices.  Most of them sound pretty amazing. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/28/the-25-best-skyrim-mods-2/

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Go to Steam Christmas sales now and grab this deal, THQ Bundle 22 games for $24.90.

Great saving on this bundle for this year

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18778/

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

max payne 3 is on a sale on steam

the secret world is b2p

X-com should get cheaper soon

and please go pledge for Elite Dangerous!! :)

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

game is great without mods.  but,  yes there are plenty of great mods. 

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    I'd get to checking out steams. Amazing daily deals along with dev packs.  Hard to pass up the THQ pack.  You missed the entire franchise of DoW being on sale for like 85% off or something.  I woulda grabbed that.
  • taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Put it in the bank and wait for good games to come out next year. There is really nothing that great to buy this year. If you do not already own them these are decent value for money:

1. Skyrim

Because with the thousands of mods available and 2 DLC expanisons you can get months of gameplay out of it. Simply best value for your money. This will give you more RPG than you can handle, you can watch a friend of mine playing right now with a survival/companion modded version at http://www.twitch.tv/tissplays/new

Feel free to drop in and ask questions.

2. Far Cry 3

It's a good game and the Multiplayer is actually fun. On top of that it features a great CoOp gameplay. Very good value for money. Need a good PC though to get all the eye candy.

3. Hotline Miami

This little gem is just pure fun. You wont regret the few bucks you spend on it.

4. Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition

If you like hard games, punishing, hair pulling hard games that will keep you glued on your screen, then this is a good value for money. It will take ages to beat and it is very rewarding.

5. The Last Remnant

This one is older but, if you don't own this game then you are missing out on one of the best JP RPG's available on PC. Classic Square Enix style. Good graphics and as always, rewarding and good story.

Stay away from the following

1. Hitman Absolution

This is not even Hitman anymore, its a really crappy game. Graphics and sound are nice of cause, but the game is shallow and stupid.

2. Guildwars 2

Stay away from it until it drops in price. It's a fine MMO for a few days until you hit 80 and start repeating the same 4-5 instances ad absurdum. Boring mindles and enfuriating low drop rates put into the game by the developers on purpose ( diminishing returns system) make this the worst MMO with the most hype.

3. War Z

Re-Skinned War Inc. FPS shooter. This is a scam and has nothing to do with a Zombie Survival game. It's a FPS shooter that has a few zombie npcs running around. Full of bugs and cheaters. Legal issues. This one will die in the next few months, probably weeks.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

I would suggest:

Dark Souls

Divine Divinity

Trine 1/2

The Secret World

Titan Quest Series

Torchlight 2

The Witcher 1/2

Skyrim

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Swanea
    I'd get to checking out steams. Amazing daily deals along with dev packs.  Hard to pass up the THQ pack.  You missed the entire franchise of DoW being on sale for like 85% off or something.  I woulda grabbed that.

Hehe I already bought the DoW bundle too :P.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

There's a game I like called "I don't care" and its features include:

-you only posted this to boast about your 150 pocket change bucks.

-you want others to bow down and give you suggestions

-you don't really care about the games but how many responses you can get on this thread

-finally, in case you are new to these forums go look at the hundreds of threads pertaining to games that suit your needs.

this thread is worthless and only a shallow cry for attention.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by stygianapoth

There's a game I like called "I don't care" and its features include:

-you only posted this to boast about your 150 pocket change bucks.

-you want others to bow down and give you suggestions

-you don't really care about the games but how many responses you can get on this thread

-finally, in case you are new to these forums go look at the hundreds of threads pertaining to games that suit your needs.

this thread is worthless and only a shallow cry for attention.

eeehh~ someone is mean :<

butthurt =3=

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com