Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Collector's Edition Giveaway!

15678911»

Comments

• fonikiroxalafonikiroxala Member UncommonPosts: 1
    i havent played wow yet and i will really want to try it
  • TruthinessTruthiness Member UncommonPosts: 1
    One of my favorite moments was experiencing the battle at Light's Hope Chapel during the deathknight questline. I had memories of visiting the chapel as a casual vanilla player, so it made for a powerful scene to be killing Argent Dawn soldiers until Tirion ended the battle. Then seeing the flashback scene between Darion and his father was very cool. You don't see much of that old lore being dealt with anymore, and it was one of the great quests Blizzard put a lot of effort into during Wrath.
  • selobthegodselobthegod Member Posts: 155

Killing Kel'thuzad in Naxx was a great feeling !

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

I have many memories, but probably my favorite during Vanilla Wow, entering MC and killing Ragnaros! It was EPIC!

Also, the moment I finally crafted a Turbo Flyer! Awesome mount!

• ChartarumChartarum Member Posts: 2

My biggest moment of Awe in WoW was my first raid in Molten Core with the guild I was in at the time. Just stepping inside Molten Core for the first time and looking up at the HUGE molten giants guarding the bridge into the deeper reaches of the instance and going "Woah... If that's the size of the TRASHMOBS in here... I wonder what the bosses will be like!"

This was before everybody read detailed guides on the internet before attempting any bossfights, so we just went in and had a go at it. Took a couple of tries to figure everything out. We had a member from a bigger and stronger guild pop in on our Vent-channel occasionally to give us a few hints and tips about how to beat certain boss-mechanics, but we had to figure a lot of the stuff out for ourselves.

Even if raiding and bossmechanics have evolved a LOT since then, nothing can beat that first proper raid experience.

Those were different days.

• thysarusthysarus Member Posts: 10

I would have to say that one of the biggest "wow" moments for me in WoW was the first time I encountered one of the epic world PvP standoffs during Vanilla between Tarren Mill and Southshore. Literally at least a hundred players lined up against each other, waiting for someone to make a move. I joined in and watched as we pushed the Horde back to Tarren Mill. I just thought it was so cool that players were making this crazy confrontation and the opposing faction would fly in from their capital cities to defend these tiny little towns in the middle of Hillsbrad! Good memories. :) 

• year3215year3215 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    the momment the pandas came out there so cute and cuddley

Demon King

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Years ago when I figured out I could transport friends from anywhere in the game to my location with my Warlock.  Was one of the coolest things I had ever seen in an MMO.  
  • Jace30Jace30 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    my fav moment is getting my undead warlock  up to level 60
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by MikeB

(...) your favorite moment from World of Warcraft. That one moment or accomplishment that just made you go, "Wow!" (Pun intended!)

(...)

Even though I may be late here's my entry anyways :)

My favorite moment from World of Warcraft has to be one of my fondest. The quest for the Dungeon Set 2 Vestments of the Virtuous for Priest back in pre-Burning Crusade WoW.

It's my favorite moment not because of the items I got at the end of the quest line but because I had so many people help me along the way. From friends to guild mates. There was nothing else in it for them but they still helped. I was floored by the friendliness and selflessness of so many of them.

For those who remember, the quest line was looong and expensive. It was the definition of epic for me and the one moment I fell more in love with WoW and its community.

The quest line.

Screenshots:

• BallsoutBallsout Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I'm sure they got a lot of left over copys to give away.

• wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144
    My favorite moment was our first guild kill of Ragnaros in vanilla WoW, damn that thing was epic, first time in mmo i feel i accoplished something.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Thanks for all your submissions, guys! Winners wil lbe announced on Friday.
This discussion has been closed.