Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret of Mana type mmorpg?

HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Hi I really love combat like SNES Zelda and Secret of Mana/Evermore.

I like cute sprite looking characters like my avatar. Is there something that offers action gameplay in an MMORPG like i describe. I would love a secret of mana mmorpg. I would probably play it until they shut it down.

Any suggestions on something I may like would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and merry xmas to all!

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Comments

• couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114

Welcome to the hunt! I've been searching for the EXACT same thing. Through my search I haven't been satisfied with anything anyone has pointed out but maybe you will be.

http://themanaworld.org/

http://www.seyken.org/

I've personally decided to play a sidescroller called LaTale, not quite the same but it has fast paced action gameplay, the game is growing on me.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    As far as combat goes, Spiral Knights is fairly similar to Zelda 1 and 3.  One could argue that it's not a "real" MMORPG as the combat areas are instanced and capped at four players, but it's still a fun game.
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Wow, I used to love secret of mana!  Beware the rabites (I think that's what they were called). 

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

What system does Ragnarok use again?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114

Oh! I'm not sure how I forgot to mention Secrets of Grindea, it is not a MMORPG but it has 4 player co-op. It is very much like the games mentioned, maybe keep an eye out for the release? It is currently being developed but looks very nice.

http://www.secretsofgrindea.com/

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    As far as combat goes, Spiral Knights is fairly similar to Zelda 1 and 3.  One could argue that it's not a "real" MMORPG as the combat areas are instanced and capped at four players, but it's still a fun game.

In case anyone needs it, I found the Spiral Knights web site.

I'm not sure how close it is to the desired type of games, but Pocket Legends is similar although not locked camera.  Runs in browser (Chrome), IOS, and Android.  It's not bad on a tablet, but a bit tough on a smart phone because the UI is cramped.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.