Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z sees a 25% increase in sales

Sergey posted on the subscriber section of the forums, they have seen a 25% increase in sales due to all the publicity they have recieved. Though the thread was hidden, due to the countless trolls and haters that replied. But in the post, Sergey said many have even stuck with the game...despite everyone treating WarZ like a witch hunt, people are still buying AND enjoying the game.

Thanks to BBC and many major gaming sites, many who never heard of WarZ have bought the game. In my other thread, I said my friends who never even heard of WarZ (and a few who barely play games, and just casual Wii stuff)...have bought the game. But like I said in the thread, most of my friends stopped playing. Still, if the server browser is anything to go by...nearly every server is at full population. I've seen a large increase in players recently, and it spiked after all the major news sites posted about it. And BBC really got the game more known.

A 25% increase in sales is huge, especially after 125k players bought the game on Steam. If Sergey and the development team are able to put in the features early next year that was stated on the features page of Steam, this game will be a huge hit. It already was when it was on Steam, and people are still buying it.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Not beliving a word that comes out of the mouth of Sergey..never again.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    /popcorn

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    That guy has to be the least professional dev I have ever seen..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by Zalmon
    Not beleiving a word that comes out of the mouth of Sergey..never again.

Yeah, his integrity's been breached. I'm not sure anyone who's thinking clearly is believing or listening to anything he has to say right now.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• driver4hiredriver4hire Member UncommonPosts: 78

In all honesty the game still has serious potential.  Been playing it since early beta and the amount of things that actually have been fixed and added to the game is impressive as far as im concerned when it comes to a small developer.

I can't say I play it every day right now,  I AM waiting for more of the features and fixes but thats only because I'm either too busy or I play other games.

When this thing finally does get to released state I bet it will be great and if it never makes it,  well tough crap it was fun for at least 50 bucks worth of my time

I get it blah blah with the lawsuits and the lies.  Seriously though do some research about a game before you buy it don't just drop 30-60 bucks if your that worried about such a small amount of money.  Maybe you would have realized that half the "features" are not enabled.

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
    Waiting for: The game of my dreams
    Played: Everything
    Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Yea I don't believe anybody is going to go buy a game or anything else after it is identified as a scam. I got to say good try op, lol.

OH all those folks on steam got their money back. So all those sales don't count now.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    I will never trust scammerpoints words.
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Up 25% from what, 10 people since no one can buy it on steam? Amazing!
  • UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

This is coming from the guy who said that 93% of the players love their game. You take what he says with a grain of salt.

As of right now over 93% of our customers like the game, with over 40% saying it's perfect and around 50% saying it's good, but they'd like to see more polishing and features. Yet, 4% don't like the game and decided not to play it, and 3% hate the game.

Yeah, okay.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• RizaunRizaun Member UncommonPosts: 30

Why doesn't he post the number of people who got a refund? Oh that's right... that's not good for them. ;)

Truth also seems like an alien concept to Sergey.

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

Sergey posted on the subscriber section of the forums, they have seen a 25% increase in sales due to all the publicity they have recieved. Though the thread was hidden, due to the countless trolls and haters that replied. But in the post, Sergey said many have even stuck with the game...despite everyone treating WarZ like a witch hunt, people are still buying AND enjoying the game.

Thanks to BBC and many major gaming sites, many who never heard of WarZ have bought the game. In my other thread, I said my friends who never even heard of WarZ (and a few who barely play games, and just casual Wii stuff)...have bought the game. But like I said in the thread, most of my friends stopped playing. Still, if the server browser is anything to go by...nearly every server is at full population. I've seen a large increase in players recently, and it spiked after all the major news sites posted about it. And BBC really got the game more known.

A 25% increase in sales is huge, especially after 125k players bought the game on Steam. If Sergey and the development team are able to put in the features early next year that was stated on the features page of Steam, this game will be a huge hit. It already was when it was on Steam, and people are still buying it.

All that needs to be said. 

Honestly , how could anyone be gullible enough to believe anything he says after the lies he has been publically caught in ?

I mean other than the 2 or 3 paid obvious shills in the War Z forums here.

So they are selling more now that they are off Steam.

Right , right , makes perfect sense.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    First rule of marketing: there's no such thing as bad publicity.
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

All that needs to be said. 

Honestly , how could anyone be gullible enough to believe anything he says after the lies he has been publically caught in ?

I mean other than the 2 or 3 paid obvious shills in the War Z forums here.

So they are selling more now that they are off Steam.

Right , right , makes perfect sense.

I think the guy just likes percentages.  Percentages tell a story.  And he likes telling stories.  With percentages.  I like them too. 

27% of percentages have a % symbol associated with the numerical.  93% of high school students prefer toenail fungus over lunch room meals.  99% of the fishermen living in Pearman, Idaho can't find any bodies of water to fish in, and thus have never had a job. 

See?  Percentages are good maths.  And 87% of them tell a story.  Even if its total ********  . 

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    A sucker born every minute?

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Didnt Sergy also say that the game would not be hackable due to their anticheat system?  LOL
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Sergey posted on the subscriber section of the forums, they have seen a 25% increase in sales due to all the publicity they have recieved. Though the thread was hidden, due to the countless trolls and haters that replied.

Why is such good news hidden?

Because of trolls and haters? Yeah that makes sense. Now you'll excuse me while I call the whole thing complete BS

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I Beleave him.

He see's a 25% increase,

After the 85% Decrease from refunds.