Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Closed Beta, America Bound, & Siege Warfare

124»

Comments

• Al3xpwnz0rAl3xpwnz0r Member Posts: 1

He said end of this year for Korean release. that means 2012 right?

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Maybe I'm getting more patient as I get older, but I can wait until 2013-2014 for this.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• Heretic451Heretic451 Member Posts: 69
    We certainly don't need the 20-levels-per-hour pace most idiots demand nowadays. It seems many want to burn through the levels without experiencing any content, just so they can sit there at the top and complain about no endgame full time.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by fenistil
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Hard to put on the radar so far out, but definitely exciting news.

From what I've seen of gameplay/combat videos in the Kor CBT's combat is certainly my #1 concern, with games like GW2 and NW and TERA focusing on more active combat, I don't think tab target/hotbar is going to fly in NA/EU in 2013/14.

When talking about Westernization of features/systems he mentioned combat so hopefully they are on the same page.

I would not hope that they somehow rewrite whole combat system of a game and modify all other systems that are connected to it (and actually most are, itemization, loot system, hell networking proapbly, etc).

Not to mention remaking most of combat animations and that is extremly expensive.

So some changes - yes.

Big change into dynamic combat with all skills 'cast in move', etc - don't think that is realistic.

If you hope for that you might be disappointed imo.

Well on the other hand I don't mind traditional combat system if it is made right. (for howto see Lotro - just speed it up a bit).

I don't see why they couldn't throw on a dodge/evade and make more skills cast on the move.  We aren't really even asking for Tera type aiming.  But we will wait and see how things are changed.

Even with archaic combat I'm still pretty excited about trying this out.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Grotar89

WTF is it gonna come up in EU i see only mention of NA ???

NA and EU is kinda the same market, so when it comes out in NA simultaniously will happen in EU, don't worry.

Although I am a bit disappointed they didn't contact NCSoft to publish this game in the West yet.

After all NCSoft owes everything to Jake Song and his Lineage.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

About time a good fantasy sandbox come out, better wait and get a good one then a rushed piece of shit.

Glad they take their time.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by Terranah
    I hope the NA publishers, whoever they will be, do not ruin this game.

This is my only concern, NA have a track record for "ruining" , censoring content unneededly, and undermining aspects of the games playerbase.

I would be happy if they just translated the game and that's it.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Heretique
    Originally posted by Terranah
    I hope the NA publishers, whoever they will be, do not ruin this game.

This is my only concern, NA have a track record for "ruining" , censoring content unneededly, and undermining aspects of the games playerbase.

I would be happy if they just translated the game and that's it.

Yes they try to westernize games and make them dumbed down. THis could kill AA here. It is my concern as well.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    ArcheAge was built from the ground up with all regions in mind, something Jake Song has been very pressed to get across, hence why XLgames has gone to such lengths to communicate with the western audience long before the game was even out in Korea. It sound's like Q3 2013 is about right, and NCsoft actually was a frontrunner, although the deal has already happened with whoever, so I think once the game launches this month in Korea, the announcement of who will manage the game across the pond is going to come.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Let me buy this NOW!  Would LOVE to play this. Reminds me so much of UO feel from back in the day with everything I've read so far. 

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.