Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play on a new WoW server?

2»

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Rydeson

I quit playing WoW years ago before Cataclym came out., but I got to thinking recently, especially with a thread I posted on this morning..  Would you play on a new type of WoW server?

This server would have the following changes:

• Limited Chat channels.. (no global chat)
    •  
    • so it becomes even more a single player game
    •  
    • All PvP battlegrounds are disabled.. Any PvP must be open world concentual..
    •  
    • you mean 10 vs 1 ganking
    •  
    • All zones have flex leveling..  This means that higher level toons will automatically be reduced to the appropriate level of they area they are in, just like GW2..   This keeps fighting fun (no more one shotting).. and guildies, friends and newbies can group up anytime.. I hate having zones become obsolete because you outleveled them..
    • Slow down leveling process.. Getting to max level will take longer then vanilla WoW..
    •  
    • powergrinders still will be max level in 2d
    • NO MORE INSTANCES.. YES, Deadmines will be recoded to an open world zone in.. Elite Mob's will respaw, and bosses will be increased in power and put on a random timer.. So if you want to kill the bosses, you better learn how to pug with 15+ people in the area..
    • YES, this applies to raid zones too.. Molten Core will also be an open world zone in..  Mob's will be super elite, where 10+ are suggested and bosses will take 40+ to kill..  Raids were meant to be a party where everyone is invited..
    •  
    • fantastic idea, then you get groups of players/guilds spawncamping the entire thing
    •  
    • Optional - Give players the chance to group up with enemy faction.. Human's and Ogres can group together to defeat a common foe.. and go back to hating each other the next morning..
    •  
    • so far the immersion of the 'war' then in this game.
    Naturally you would have to tweak some things here and there.. But would such ideas perk your interest again?  I know I would consider going back and playing a new ruleset of WoW..

PS.. I wanted to edit part of this.. For the benefit of the zones and gaming.. ALL PvP is disabled while adventuring in the new open dungeon and raid zones..  I really don't want a mess of TEF's being exploited while inside these zones..  PvP needs to remain in the original open world zones ONLY..

Thanks..

fixed it a bit

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Muke

I quit playing WoW years ago before Cataclym came out., but I got to thinking recently, especially with a thread I posted on this morning..  Would you play on a new type of WoW server?

• Limited Chat channels.. (no global chat)
    •  
    • so it becomes even more a single player game Do explain genius.. It was already pointed by others and I'm just staying with the industry norm..  There are no global chats in the game.. I fail to see how this makes it a single player game.. Maybe you don't understand the definition of global chat.. 
    •  
    • All PvP battlegrounds are disabled.. Any PvP must be open world concentual..
    •  
    • you mean 10 vs 1 ganking So? It's all consentual.. If you want to make a living doing PvP I suggest you go find a PvP game or server..  cause this server actually discourages it..  :)
    •  
    • All zones have flex leveling..  This means that higher level toons will automatically be reduced to the appropriate level of they area they are in, just like GW2..   This keeps fighting fun (no more one shotting).. and guildies, friends and newbies can group up anytime.. I hate having zones become obsolete because you outleveled them..
    • Slow down leveling process.. Getting to max level will take longer then vanilla WoW..
    •  
    • powergrinders still will be max level in 2d maybe in your thinking.. but not in mine..
    • NO MORE INSTANCES.. YES, Deadmines will be recoded to an open world zone in.. Elite Mob's will respaw, and bosses will be increased in power and put on a random timer.. So if you want to kill the bosses, you better learn how to pug with 15+ people in the area..
    • YES, this applies to raid zones too.. Molten Core will also be an open world zone in..  Mob's will be super elite, where 10+ are suggested and bosses will take 40+ to kill..  Raids were meant to be a party where everyone is invited..
    •  
    • fantastic idea, then you get groups of players/guilds spawncamping the entire thing Again, maybe in your reality, but not mine.. You are assuming the rules of failure are by YOUR design... Any game or server can succeed or fail if you set it up that way.. 
    •  
    • Optional - Give players the chance to group up with enemy faction.. Human's and Ogres can group together to defeat a common foe.. and go back to hating each other the next morning..
    •  
    • so far the immersion of the 'war' then in this game. I and most people don't give a flying rats butt about the "WAR".. this is evident by the number of people that actually PvP on a regular basis..  And the number of people that play "both" sides.. 
    Naturally you would have to tweak some things here and there.. But would such ideas perk your interest again?  I know I would consider going back and playing a new ruleset of WoW..

PS.. I wanted to edit part of this.. For the benefit of the zones and gaming.. ALL PvP is disabled while adventuring in the new open dungeon and raid zones..  I really don't want a mess of TEF's being exploited while inside these zones..  PvP needs to remain in the original open world zones ONLY..

Thanks..

fixed it a bit

I fixed it some more :)   Happy Holidays

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I'm curious why you hate flex leveling like in GW2..  What penalty is there about a 50th level toon being demoted temporary to 10th level while in a lower level zone?  The ONLY thing I see is that you cant' go around the world as a GOD in older zones.. NO MORE one shotting mobs or low level toons in PvP.... If there is another reason I fail to see it..   What is so wrong with not wanting to play a lobby based game?  Just curious..

I dislike forced flex leveling. I like having the option. If I am there to go through the quest content, help a friend who is low level, or explore at level, that is one thing. If I am there to farm materials, I would prefer to stay at my real level. EQ2 gives you the option and I thought it was the best system so far, where you choose to downlevel until you want to go back up to your normal level.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Whats wrong with CRZ?  World PVP is back.  

Oh, you don't like 90's ganking level 32's?   THATS WORLD PVP!

Sorry guys, it sounds like a lot of you need your own game to play that has special world PVP that is magically fair and balanced (you know entirely against the nature of world PVP)

CRZ is nice when there are only a few people on, but when there are quite a few people on, the zone gets too crowded. It becomes difficult to level up gathering skills and do quests in heavily camped areas. The other problem is that you do not usually see the same people in the same zones for very long, so it is hard to make friends from other servers and group up with them. It seems like you just get the irritations of having people around and very little of the benefits.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

• Limited Chat channels.. (no global chat) You can limit your own chat channels if you choose, why take the options away for everyone else?
    • All PvP battlegrounds are disabled.. Any PvP must be open world concentual.. I have always played on PvE servers, so if i choose to PvP i go to Battlegrounds or challenge someone to a duel, again if you want full time PvP then go PvP server if not then the options you are asking for here are on PvE anyway?!?
    • All zones have flex leveling..  This means that higher level toons will automatically be reduced to the appropriate level of they area they are in, just like GW2..   This keeps fighting fun (no more one shotting).. and guildies, friends and newbies can group up anytime.. I hate having zones become obsolete because you outleveled them.. I am conflicted on this one, i like the idea of being able to go back and run quest chains you may have missed, but at the same time i would hate having to fight through tons of MOB's just to level a trade skill at a higher level.
    • Slow down leveling process.. Getting to max level will take longer then vanilla WoW.. If you had the above option, what would this matter?
    • NO MORE INSTANCES.. YES, Deadmines will be recoded to an open world zone in.. Elite Mob's will respaw, and bosses will be increased in power and put on a random timer.. So if you want to kill the bosses, you better learn how to pug with 15+ people in the area.. See below
    • YES, this applies to raid zones too.. Molten Core will also be an open world zone in..  Mob's will be super elite, where 10+ are suggested and bosses will take 40+ to kill..  Raids were meant to be a party where everyone is invited.. There are open world raid bosses now anyway and why take away the dungeon/raid options from the players that enjoy them, just add more open world content instead!
    • Optional - Give players the chance to group up with enemy faction.. Human's and Ogres can group together to defeat a common foe.. and go back to hating each other the next morning.. Don't see any reason for that at all.

Thanks..

I haven't read all replies so i apologise if i am repeating anything, but what you are proposing is not World of Warcraft, it is another game entirely, so no i probably wouldn't play the game that you propose.

Blizzard have done a lot in this expansion so far to encourage open world raids and that has been a minor success from what i have seen and they even put in a whole area for open world PvP, but there is little take up for it even with the amount of people that seem to moan about the lack of it here. 

The other thing to point out is that a lot of the things that people complain about like LFD or LFR are completely optional, you still have the choice to put your own groups together and travel in a traditional manner to wherever it is you want to be with like minded people, you will just have to put some effort in to it and there in is the rub. With most games, including this one, you will only get out of it as much as you are willing to put in to it in terms of effort and imagination, but so few gamers seem willing to do that anymore and expect the developers to spoon feed them everything and given the different demands of every player this is impossible.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.