Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pandora's box has opened and it could mean the end of this world.

13»

Comments

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    @ Lady Euphei

I'm not angry, just a bit sick of things like this being blown out of proportion by people who seem to think they should have some special treatment just because they spent their money. It would have been different if there was some kind of scam or shady business involved here, but the offer was very clear and straightforward, so these people have no one but themselves to blame if they feel they haven't got their money's worth.

All goods may eventually lose their value, and deals come and go. This includes virtual goods. Crying about it won't change a thing, it just makes the crying person look like a moron for not investigating the deal before spending money.

Oh, and a merry christmas to you too btw. : ) Some of us do celebrate it here in the barbarian lands beyond the US borders.
  • svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    Entitlement will kill mmo gaming I am sure of it. I don't know the specifics but the elite package was a special 1 month offer right? So if I am a savy shopper and hit a back Friday sale at gamestop they owe that price to everyone?

Im a deluxe edition guy and I am completely satisfied if bummed that I missed out

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• lantesh1lantesh1 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by Biskop
    @ Lady Euphei

I'm not angry, just a bit sick of things like this being blown out of proportion by people who seem to think they should have some special treatment just because they spent their money. It would have been different if there was some kind of scam or shady business involved here, but the offer was very clear and straightforward, so these people have no one but themselves to blame if they feel they haven't got their money's worth.

All goods may eventually lose their value, and deals come and go. This includes virtual goods. Crying about it won't change a thing, it just makes the crying person look like a moron for not investigating the deal before spending money.

Oh, and a merry christmas to you too btw. : ) Some of us do celebrate it here in the barbarian lands beyond the US borders.

Honestly, I've been seeing a lot of that over on the forum. Not just regarding the elite/deluxe deals (which while my understanding of the situation is slim as I don't care to get into it, seems to be an inability to wrap ones head around the idea that a deal available at one time at one price doesn't mean the same deal will be available later) but in regards to pretty much everything. Lots of people throwing fits on the forum and acting like the company should be licking their heel because they bought some gold. As it stands, I don't like their F2P model (rental items need to go, and people are already buying their way to power with cultivation boosts...) but I don't think I would play at this point even if they did fix it because of the kind of community/people the game is attracting. Seems like the same old F2P crowd with all the bigotry, entitlement, and other BS that comes with it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by lantesh1
    @ Lady Euphei

Honestly, I've been seeing a lot of that over on the forum. Not just regarding the elite/deluxe deals (which while my understanding of the situation is slim as I don't care to get into it, seems to be an inability to wrap ones head around the idea that a deal available at one time at one price doesn't mean the same deal will be available later) but in regards to pretty much everything. Lots of people throwing fits on the forum and acting like the company should be licking their heel because they bought some gold. As it stands, I don't like their F2P model (rental items need to go, and people are already buying their way to power with cultivation boosts...) but I don't think I would play at this point even if they did fix it because of the kind of community/people the game is attracting. Seems like the same old F2P crowd with all the bigotry, entitlement, and other BS that comes with it.

The forums looks strange to me... I would not be surprised if it's about 10 people raising hell. In game the community is pretty cool. The game is very social, people are helpfull, even funny. The forums look like a different world. Idk.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by bcbully
    @ Lady Euphei

The forums looks strange to me... I would not be surprised if it's about 10 people raising hell. In game the community is pretty cool. The game is very social, people are helpfull, even funny. The forums look like a different world. Idk.

It's because there is a difference. People usually do not go to forums to praise a game, unless they are fanboys. The people that go to the forums tend to be the people who have something to complain about. So in game you see all the people actually enjoying the game, but the second you step out you see the vocal minority in the forums.

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    Originally posted by bcbully
    @ Lady Euphei

Funny enough, it is around 10 people doing that.  Five-six of them in particular literally go to every single thread that they can, talking about the deluxe vs elite or how Snails is bad, and we shouldn't play this, and etc. and etc.  At this point I remembered why I didn't like forums in the first place and just went back to enjoying my game.

On another note, Merry Christmas everyone

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    You can't get to level 10 forum pvp rank if you don't often engage the forums with rants and raves.