Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Am I the only one having a blast?

13»

Comments

• VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zyzra
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    Originally posted by Vannor

How about you just accept that most people don't use lag for hardware related problems and be done with it? Otherwise you're just a poor communicator. You might be right technically but what good is that if people don't know what you really mean?

let me break it down for you, since the textbook answer was too complicated:

Lag= latency, internet connection, orverworked hardware

Latency=slow communication between client and server

Latency in ONE of the causes of lag. lag is NOT only latency. if i wanted to talk ONLY about latency i would have said latecy, but i didn't, i wanted to encompass all LAG related issues which INCLUDE latency.  get a clue and stop trying to tell me how you think that Lag is pretty much exclusively latency.

Did you even read what I said? You get a bloody clue and take some kind of communication course or something. It doesn't matter what's official.. it matters how the majority use it. Here's a fact.. when you say lag in relation to online gaming, the 'majority' of people think you mean latency <--- FACT.  You ain't gunna change that mate, no matter how much you quote or how much you argue it with me. Dictionaries do not dictate the way we speak.. the way we speak dicates what is written in dictionaries. That's why dictionaries change over time. We'd all still be speaking like shakespeare if dictionaries were the final authority on language.

Ah yeah I see your point.  It is like people who say FACT when they can't prove it, it is done so that people who use fact incorrectly know that what you really mean is "I'm so damn serious right now in how hard I'm trying to prove my point"

You're probably right that we would have all been speaking like shakespeare (intelligently) if we hadn't devolved into the stupid mess of language we use now.  That's ok though, because other people who use words incorrectly and make up their own meanings know what we mean.

It's ok to use words incorrectly, as long as others can make a pretty decent guess at what you actually wanted to say.

Now I have to go catch up to my friend who already started walking out to the car.  I don't want to lag behind so much.

Ain't english grizzate, Vannor?

I love the way you made fun of me and agreed with me at the same time. Very clever!

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir San Leandro, CAPosts: 562Member
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i dunno, for me the game runs like crap with huge lag even though i can play PS2(way better graphics) with twice as many people and have way less lag.

without braking NDA too much, i'm kind of unsattisfied....i looks old, it's easier to play and much more "nube friendly" than the old DF, but It doesn't feel like the old DF with the 3rd person view. it almot feels M&Bladesh...... but an uggly, awkward sort of M&blade....and the lag isn't helping....

....i just can't feel all that excited about this game yet.

You seem misinformed of the fact that you can alternate your view by pressing 'G'

• ArnoagnsArnoagns highland, INPosts: 100Member

Why do people argue semantics? Lag can be connection and FPS focused, the narrowing of the definition was just created by some computer jock trying to be snide.

As for if you're the only one enjoying it, probably not. I'm sure people are having fun, exclusive/hardcore/gameofalltime fun like everyone proclaimed? No.

This is a shinning example (and so is the passing "doomsday" december 21st 2012) that  our brains are far too simplistic to handle prophet-esque predictions. Our eyes lie, our brains lie, but only for so long - I can't tell you how many times I told myself I was having fun when I truly wasn't. Bias is a dangerous thing, I hope you're having legitimate fun and not just entertaining a belief.

Even so, it IS just a video game. I'd rather find out I'm unhappy with a game than a marriage or a job.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 new york, ILPosts: 386Member
    Originally posted by gchris7
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

Curious as to really do enjoy PVP and open world mmorpg's , trying to find a good home again gaming wise.

So are you saying right now the servers are stable and I could buy it on Steam and login and play without massive issues ?

Was a bit leary of the game and company overall looking at all the other remarks on here , but would be will to try it , don't mind bugs at all , as its in beta form.

But completely down and unable to login often or so much lag unplayable is not really up my patience alley any more.

Try Age of Wushu. Wont cost you a dime. I still plan to try DW:UW at launch, but right now AoW is quenching my ffa pvp thirst.

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

Cant think of any reasons to play that game, unless ofc you like that type.

Here's a good reason.  It's functional.  Darkfall Unholy Wars would be hard pressed to boast that.

Tetris is also functional.

Tetris has sold more copies, had more people play it, and was even rated as top game of all time.  So yes Tetris is not only functional, but also apparently well received and popular.

Sorry, did you have a point to make about Darkfall?

If a no risk themepark, no matter how "innovative" they can call no risk tab target combat, can quench your thirst for pvp...you wouldnt like darkfall to begin with.

I simply cant get into games with zero risk pvp.

Also im not sure why anyone was surprised with the state of the game, its AV were talking about here.  I will say that the game running in debug mode is very decieving, play a hell of a lot worse with the debug tasks...also im sure youve noticed that game file that gets sent to the devs on a crash...sometimes can get over a gig in size...games logging your actions in game so when you crash they can attempt to recreate it, among other data that helps them figure out what went wrong.

Its been said im sure...but if your not interested in actually beta testing, take a break untill launch.  This is a real beta not those marketing scam betas where launches without a wipe.

• corpusccorpusc Chattanooga, TNPosts: 1,330Member

Curious as to really do enjoy PVP and open world mmorpg's , trying to find a good home again gaming wise.

So are you saying right now the servers are stable and I could buy it on Steam and login and play without massive issues ?

Was a bit leary of the game and company overall looking at all the other remarks on here , but would be will to try it , don't mind bugs at all , as its in beta form.

But completely down and unable to login often or so much lag unplayable is not really up my patience alley any more.

Try Age of Wushu. Wont cost you a dime. I still plan to try DW:UW at launch, but right now AoW is quenching my ffa pvp thirst.

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

wait a minute.... Age of Wushu is not open world?!?!

can anyone else confirm or squash that?

The End
    ---------------------------
    i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

• BiskopBiskop AvalonPosts: 709Member
    It does have zones, but no level brackets, tiers or such. You can go anywhere you like and do whatever you like.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Houston, TXPosts: 5,348Member

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

Here's a good reason.  It's functional.  Darkfall Unholy Wars would be hard pressed to boast that.

Tetris is also functional.

So is Hello Kitty but as it turns out I think watching paint dry is more intresting.

Correlation does not imply causation

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Houston, TXPosts: 5,348Member
    Originally posted by Arnoagns

Why do people argue semantics? Lag can be connection and FPS focused, the narrowing of the definition was just created by some computer jock trying to be snide.

As for if you're the only one enjoying it, probably not. I'm sure people are having fun, exclusive/hardcore/gameofalltime fun like everyone proclaimed? No.

This is a shinning example (and so is the passing "doomsday" december 21st 2012) that  our brains are far too simplistic to handle prophet-esque predictions. Our eyes lie, our brains lie, but only for so long - I can't tell you how many times I told myself I was having fun when I truly wasn't. Bias is a dangerous thing, I hope you're having legitimate fun and not just entertaining a belief.

Even so, it IS just a video game. I'd rather find out I'm unhappy with a game than a marriage or a job.

I think the bottom line is that if someone doesnt understand what we mean as gamers when we say 'lag' they are either trolling or have very limited gaming experinece.

Correlation does not imply causation

• ZushakonZushakon JönköpingPosts: 119Member
    Nope you're not the only one, game is awesome, once we're out of debug mode and the bugs are ironed out it's going to be 100x better than any of the other games on the market.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

13»