Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Player's Choice Winner Announcement

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Wizards 101.. 

Where did you create this poll sir?  On the Wizards 101 official forum?  I have a hard time believing that most of the people here have even heard of that game, let alone actually playing it.

And you know I'm right.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863
    I'd be very surprised if even HALF of the people who voted for Pirate 101 ever even so much as read a single thing about it.

The wording on the polls might as well be inverted. Knowing this site, Pirate 101 doesn't have the most fans. It has the least haters. It's blatantly obvious that people voted for it IN SPITE of GW2 because there really wasn't any real competition.

Not saying P101 isn't good. I wouldn't know as I haven't played it, but you know the hate train jumped on it as soon as they saw it standing a chance. Either that or someone cheated. That's right. I said it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    This is awesome! P101 wins MMORPG.coms GOTY? I did not see that coming. Congrats to them for taking out GW2.

Taking out GW2? lol

*compares profit made by both companies"   hmmmmm

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Eir_S

What's hilarious is that you believe most of them aren't just the same person with multiple accounts.  Go ahead and read the votes, the syntax is identical in most of them.  Are you going to tell me that you believe this couldn't happen when it's happened since polls on the internet began?  Believe whatever you want.  I'll believe that the mods here need better training on how the internet works.

Okay, so you are so sure of what you say to the point that you're speaking condescendingly to those who question you.

You are making an absolute claim here... So prove it.

You say you know what happened with the votes... So prove it.

Don't come back with "oh well if you don't know, then..." or "it's just obvious..." or, "I know how the internet works", or anything like that. "Personal belief" and "anecdotal evidence" are not proof. Argument from incredulity (e.g. "I can't believe Pirate101 could have won legitimately, therefor it was rigged") is not proof.

Don't come back with "prove me wrong". That trick has been tried before. You're the one making the claim, you're the one with something to prove. And no, the number of new accounts created to vote for it is not "proof". As has been pointed out, people who aren't regular members here would have to create an account to vote - so there's no "conspiracy" there. It's common-sense. 

Having the same person creating multiple sock-puppet accounts to spam the votes would not work, either. Your theory is flawed, paranoid and baseless.... not to mention pointless.

If you are going to make an assertion, you either prove it, or you drop it and move on. No one here "has to take your word for it" simply because you've convinced yourself that you're right.

And if you truly believe otherwise, and believe that your theory is flawless because you came up with it, then I suggest you get over yourself, go outside and get healthy dose of reality.

So again, instead of coming on here blathering on about 'what you know about the votes' and expecting others should just accept what you say as fact... again... Prove it. Or pack up  your half-baked and paranoid pet conspiracy theories, and go home.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by RedJorge

Come on, it is common knowledge that GW2 is the most perfect, balanced, bugs free game ever produced. Since last September, we all watched in wonder the dawn of a new era...the GW2 Era!

MMORPG historians have already announced a new method of time stamping all events in the world: Pre-GW2 and Post-GW2.

Actually, GW2 is now a religion and its Inquisition will sort out the heretics that voted on the heathen Pirates 101.

From the outcries of people whose Holiday has apparently been ruined because "their game" didn't win, it looks like that Inquisition has already begun.

Good grief, people.. it's a poll for a game. It's not the end of the world.

As I said before, talk about first world problems.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    I had a good laugh when I saw this poll. (Thanks) :P If this is a MMORPG poll I never saw it. With that said Pirates does not even have enough votes to get a player rating. If this game is so popular why is that? I smell something fishy going on and its not my dinner. :P
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Gratz Pirates 101 on having devoted payer base=D

To all: best game we can play now is "pay to win" style, that why anything else not working.

Agree it's more fun, but will never pay for it again (did on RoM long ago, since avoid any p2w games).

MoP is just an expansion, not sure it can be voted as game, I still love WoW game, only dislike now to pay sub.

GW2 was a lie, keep loving GW even if these games are almost dead...

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• OFxLedzeplinOFxLedzeplin Member CommonPosts: 7

Gotta love how certain game fans cant handle that a very close knit, friendly, gaming community with many followers beating thier game.

What I saw in this poll, was the Pirate101 community seeing they were close, and rallying their community through 3rd party fansites (players, not KingsIsle employees) to rise to the occasion and vote?  No cheats, just community comradery.

Keep in mind whats "Best" is ENTIRELY subjective, whats best for one person is not always whats best for another.

Hardcore gamers/mmo players are not the center of the MMO universe, time they realized that.

Congrats again Pirate101, and Merry Christmas to all.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    This is my question : According to the Game List P101 is a game still in development. How can a game that has yet to be release be game of the year. Its like saying that the new Tomb raider is the 2012 Console game of the year even though its has yet to be released.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• OFxLedzeplinOFxLedzeplin Member CommonPosts: 7

Pirate101 went live on 10/8/12.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Not according to MMORPG.com Go look for yourself.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• DillpicklesDillpickles Member Posts: 20

LOL, what a joke.

Just watched some videos of this Pirates 101 game. HAHAHA, they really did their job campaigning didn't they? It would be a game I would be interested in if I was 12 again.

What a shame that GW2 lost considering it has some of the most beautiful artwork, creative combat and innovative mmo design in years.

This really shows you what the player base of MMORPG is like. 

This is the equivalent to Romney winning because Democrats didn't turn out to vote.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by Dillpickles

LOL, what a joke.

Just watched some videos of this Pirates 101 game. HAHAHA, they really did their job campaigning didn't they? It would be a game I would be interested in if I was 12 again.

What a shame that GW2 lost considering it has some of the most beautiful artwork, creative combat and innovative mmo design in years.

This really shows you what the player base of MMORPG is like. 

This is the equivalent to Romney winning because Democrats didn't turn out to vote.

Yeah here we go again. . All 12 years old play Pirate 101 and only adults play GW2. I am glad you got your facts right.

Also is it a coincidence that biggest cry babies on these topic are GW2 fans? i mean TSW also lost along with other MMOS on the list. How many TSW supporters you see making a big deal about it? tells you something about the grown ups that play GW2 doesn't it?

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

But that is what's count voting if GW2 fans like me don't vote then its logical it will never win an award even when its a superb game.

And its about games right if they played by 12year olds or 80 yer oldie's it don't matter there still equal gamers as any age.

Gratz to P101 for winning.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

I voted for Pirates 101,

I wasn't extremely happy with the choices offered in all categories but for what it is Pirates 101 is a great game. My daughter plays it, it is a step up from Wizards 101 which was an ok game as well. It has player housing and a very unique companion system as well as the typical kings humor. The ability to customize your ship and your house and your companion load out all lead to a game with a lot to do and a lot to keep someone entertained. GW2 and TSW are also nice games. I probably would have voted for Eve if it was up for game of the year however, or age of wushu if it was up for anything.

Anyway, I am not a bot and I voted for Pirates.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Scalpless

Well, that's surprising. Good to see strategy RPGs still have a following, even though I don't play Pirate 101.

I still wonder why people seem to be excited about TESO, though.

I wondered that as well TESO seems so much like SWTOR all over again, I've been pretty much avoiding that title like the plague . Besides why do people want to play TESO or even get excited about it when you can play Skyrim with the multiplayer mod now?

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by firefly2003
    Originally posted by Scalpless

Well, that's surprising. Good to see strategy RPGs still have a following, even though I don't play Pirate 101.

I still wonder why people seem to be excited about TESO, though.

I wondered that as well TESO seems so much like SWTOR all over again, I've been pretty much avoiding that title like the plague . Besides why do people want to play TESO or even get excited about it when you can play Skyrim with the multiplayer mod now?

Lol comparing a co op Skyrim mod to a MMORPG.

I tried that mod, it is work in progress and honestly is crap right now. And i fail to see compairosn of TESO with SWTOR.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Cool choices- very diverse.    Congrats to Pirate101 and all the other games that won thier division.  :)   
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Pirate what? Never heard of it...
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Pirate what? Never heard of it...

Saw it on a Disney Comercial once...

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by xalvi
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    This is awesome! P101 wins MMORPG.coms GOTY? I did not see that coming. Congrats to them for taking out GW2.

Taking out GW2? lol

*compares profit made by both companies"   hmmmmm

And those profits would be?

• JRRNeiklotJRRNeiklot Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Any game of the year poll that evan has GW2 in the top 20 has no credibility.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by RedJorge

Come on, it is common knowledge that GW2 is the most perfect, balanced, bugs free game ever produced. Since last September, we all watched in wonder the dawn of a new era...the GW2 Era!

MMORPG historians have already announced a new method of time stamping all events in the world: Pre-GW2 and Post-GW2.

Actually, GW2 is now a religion and its Inquisition will sort out the heretics that voted on the heathen Pirates 101.

From the outcries of people whose Holiday has apparently been ruined because "their game" didn't win, it looks like that Inquisition has already begun.

Good grief, people.. it's a poll for a game. It's not the end of the world.

As I said before, talk about first world problems.

And I see far more claims of rage and outcry than actual people being really upset by the results themselves. Then again, I don't see people questioning a polls authenticity as nerd raging. It is an award and is meaningless, but some peoples comments and intentions in and of themselves are enough to rub some the wrong way and not really the reults of the poll at all. Feel free to continue championing a game for the simple reason that it beat out a title you people don't care for while imagining that it upset a community more than it actually did. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• MorcotulconMorcotulcon Member UncommonPosts: 262

As a GW2 player since Betas and a user of this website for some time, I'm not sad in another game staying above GW2.

In a matter of fact, I hope that happens, so that ArenaNet can make GW2 better and give it's players more fun, more content and more fixes. 

BTW, I see a lot of people saying other users don't agree with the results, accusing them of beeing GW2 fanboys without even knowing if they voted for other games or not. Get off your horses, many complainners don't believe Pirate101 won because it was completelly unexpected, considering all other games with big communities in here.

I didn't even participated in this vote because I was playing the game. And I guess many other users of this site were doing the same with their favourite games.

Pirate101 devs were really smart and they proved everyone that a good and strong community is one of mmo's biggest strengths, if not the biggest of them all!

Gratz to Pirate101 and all other games out there that won something.

Including GW2 - Most Innovative Game of the Year! YEAH!

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

NOW I know what MMORPG.com community likes :)

All the forum posts and negativity for every game out there finally makes sense.

You guys really just like games like P101 and Wizard 101 :D. No wonder all these arguements were so childish...they were litearlly started by children.

GW2 was not dealt a blow...MMORPG.com forum community was.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2