I quit playing WoW years ago before Cataclym came out., but I got to thinking recently, especially with a thread I posted on this morning.. Would you play on a new type of WoW server?
This server would have the following changes:
- Limited Chat channels.. (no global chat)
- All PvP battlegrounds are disabled.. Any PvP must be open world concentual..
- All zones have flex leveling.. This means that higher level toons will automatically be reduced to the appropriate level of they area they are in, just like GW2.. This keeps fighting fun (no more one shotting).. and guildies, friends and newbies can group up anytime.. I hate having zones become obsolete because you outleveled them..
- Slow down leveling process.. Getting to max level will take longer then vanilla WoW..
- NO MORE INSTANCES.. YES, Deadmines will be recoded to an open world zone in.. Elite Mob's will respaw, and bosses will be increased in power and put on a random timer.. So if you want to kill the bosses, you better learn how to pug with 15+ people in the area..
- YES, this applies to raid zones too.. Molten Core will also be an open world zone in.. Mob's will be super elite, where 10+ are suggested and bosses will take 40+ to kill.. Raids were meant to be a party where everyone is invited..
- Optional - Give players the chance to group up with enemy faction.. Human's and Ogres can group together to defeat a common foe.. and go back to hating each other the next morning..
Naturally you would have to tweak some things here and there.. But would such ideas perk your interest again? I know I would consider going back and playing a new ruleset of WoW..
PS.. I wanted to edit part of this.. For the benefit of the zones and gaming.. ALL PvP is disabled while adventuring in the new open dungeon and raid zones.. I really don't want a mess of TEF's being exploited while inside these zones.. PvP needs to remain in the original open world zones ONLY..