Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Player's Choice Winner Announcement

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Ardu

Apparently kids are now the experienced gamers? Just get a bunch of kids to vote for a game and the outcome will speak for itself.

KingsIsle has a bunch of fan sites towards thier games and probably they also maintain them. One thing I hate about their fan sites is no one is allowed to say anything bad about their games. 

If you’re looking to spend $10 dollars every month on subscriptions and spend $60 dollars on loot packs then KingsIsle's games are right for you.

Will you stop with this already. your just embarrassing yourself. Its a game poll to win an award that doesnt mean dick. Who the hell cares who won this meaningless reward.

Was just something fun to do at the end of the year that all.

Originally posted by xpowderx
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Lets look at it this way. If Pirate 101 is the best  mmorpg the people voted for then you know the new generation of mmo players haven't a clue. A good example of why the mmo genre is the way it is.

These "players" that voted for Pirate101 haven't really played or experience any other MMOs from different companies. They only know about Wizard101 and Pirate101... Any experienced gamers would tell wich game was truly Game of the Year.

OH REALLY?!*!!

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

Apparently kids are now the experienced gamers? Just get a bunch of kids to vote for a game and the outcome will speak for itself.

KingsIsle has a bunch of fan sites towards thier games and probably they also maintain them. One thing I hate about their fan sites is no one is allowed to say anything bad about their games. 

If you’re looking to spend $10 dollars every month on subscriptions and spend $60 dollars on loot packs then KingsIsle's games are right for you.

Someone is angry that their favorite MMO didn't win. For someone who is not mature enough to accept that and couldn't simply just say congrats to Pirate 101 and its developers you surely love to call others kids a lot. I think being reasonable and  good sport is what grown ups do?

Anyone else see the irony here? or just me?

By the way a lot of kids play GW2 too.

Originally posted by Maephisto
    Originally posted by Zalmon
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Proxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too coincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time.

Great advertising for KingsIsle, you have to admit.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people are enjoying both Pirate101 and GW2 nonetheless, so it's a Merry Christmas............. for now.

That is eaxctly your beef. You are only concerned with proxies and sock puppet accounts because some other MMO won. I am 100% certain if GW2 won you would never ever bring up issues of proxies and rigged poll.

Sorry dude....your statements are complete BS, and you know it.   There has always been a strong support for TSW on these forums.  If GW2 didnt win, TSW is the clear choice afterwards.  

Pirates 101.......  I am still laughing.

And what MMO do you think i voted for? yes TSW and i really wanted it to win. The only BS here is from GW2 fans throwing a hissy fit here. Way to make your community look good.

I am glad i am part of TSW community who are not embarassing themselves here because TSW didn't win anything. Maybe because we don't need such awards to validate our enjoyment with the game. But maybe you guys do?

• Why are regular multiplayer games that aren't MMOs and weren't even released in 2012 winning awards for being the best MMOs in 2012? Also I'd say StarCraft 2 is better than League of Legends or World of Tanks. Was it even an option in the poll? What about Company of Heroes or Call of Duty?

Originally posted by Jetrpg

MMorpg you have out done yourself in with a popular vote Cheer . Including some optiosn that should even be there cheer.

Pirate 101 most inovative otions (you mean wizards 101 with fftactics style combat, oh and ships). obviouslly this was a pure popularity contest and says nothign about these games...

I think i even voted for lol as best hybrid mmo , evenm though its nothing of the sort and isn't even on this site , as its not an mmo.

But hey w/e the people have spoke (which is meaningless).

Obviouslly... A contest to see what game was more popular by a poll of its community.

If your refering to any of the awards giving in this poll contest then i agree 100%. In the end there all meaningless.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

After 5 minute of playing pirate101 I understand why it won....how can one defeat ninja pigs? 

Proxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too coincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people are enjoying both Pirate101 and GW2 nonetheless, so it's a Merry Christmas............. for now.

That is eaxctly your beef. You are only concerned with proxies and sock puppet accounts because some other MMO won. I am 100% certain if GW2 won you would never ever bring up issues of proxies and rigged poll.

Because it makes sense and doesn't seem like a crock of shit?  Well yeah, the MMORPG community has been talking about GW2 for years, no one's been talking about Pirate101 until now... I wonder what the point of even having a "community" is when the community's votes don't matter.  You and I know why Pirate101 won this thing, and it wasn't because of MMORPG users.  /shrug

Maybe all these 1 post wonders will stick around and contribute!  /sarcasm

It does because i already explained to you that you can not make multiple accounts to fudge the ratings on this site. Go ahead give it a try and let me know how it works out for you. You can even try proxies but you won't get far.

I didn't know that MMORPG.COM is official GW2 community because it represents all the MMOS. However, GW2 fans overwhlmed it for last two years doesn't mean other communities do not exist. Infact other MOS have millions of players and they are perfectly happy on their own forums. You guys got your own official forums how logn ago? right!

As far as one psot accounts how do you expect players to vote for their game when it requires you to register first in order to participate? they made account voted for their game and now they are back to the official forums where they have been staying for all these years.

Pirate 101 community represented their MMO, GW2 fans didn't..you lost..deal with it?

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I just came here from IGN, where GW2 didn't win any single award. The RPG of the year was for Mass Effect 3 and the Multiplayer game of the year was for Halo, while the overall Game of the Year was for Journey.

So I thought that here, being the biggest mmo site, and considering GW2 was overhyped and had no competition, it'd be something like 80% votes for GW2 as best game of the year. And how mistaken was I, that it didn't even manage that.

I guess it didn't get enough overhyped reviews! So much for the best mmo of history. 

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Axxar

Why are regular multiplayer games that aren't MMOs and weren't even released in 2012 winning awards for being the best MMOs in 2012? Also I'd say StarCraft 2 is better than League of Legends or World of Tanks. Was it even an option in the poll? What about Company of Heroes or Call of Duty?

Im thinking bacause the award wasent for Best MMO Released in 2012 and was given to the Game of the Year 2012. Now with that said Game of the Year could have went to Any Game released at ANY time in the last 15 years. But the poll only had what 6 or 7 games in the list?

In the end who the hell cares lol. Like i said elsewhere. Its a meaningless award for a meaningless contest. Was just something fun for people to participate in. Non of the games i voted for won but im not getting my panites in a bunch over it. was a fun contest. Now its over. everyone go back to your respective games and have fun =)

Originally posted by Alber_gamer

I just came here from IGN, where GW2 didn't win any single award. The RPG of the year was for Mass Effect 3 and the Multiplayer game of the year was for Halo, while the overall Game of the Year was for Journey.

So I thought that here, being the biggest mmo site, and considering GW2 was overhyped and had no competition, it'd be something like 80% votes for GW2 as best game of the year. And how mistaken was I, that it didn't even manage that.

I guess it didn't get enough overhyped reviews! So much for the best mmo of history. 

It all depends upon the community. If they don't come forward and do not vote or think GW2 is not worthy of winning such rewards it won't simple as that. Now critics awards is another thing. But where polls are open for public to vote and decide it paints a very different picture.

Maybe GW2 community itself doesn't think that GW2 is all that great.

Originally posted by Alber_gamer

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

Because it makes sense and doesn't seem like a crock of shit?  Well yeah, the MMORPG community has been talking about GW2 for years, no one's been talking about Pirate101 until now... I wonder what the point of even having a "community" is when the community's votes don't matter.  You and I know why Pirate101 won this thing, and it wasn't because of MMORPG users.  /shrug

It does because i already explained to you that you can not make multiple accounts to fudge the ratings on this site. Go ahead give it a try and let me know how it works out for you.

I didn't know that MMORPG.COM is official GW2 community because it represents all the MMOS. However, GW2 fans overwhlmed it for last two years doesn't mean other communities do not exist. Infact other MOS have millions of players and they are perfectly happy on their own forums. You guys got your own official forums how logn ago? right!

As far as one psot accounts how do you expect players to vote for their game when it requires you to register first in order to participate? they made account voted for their game and now they are back to the official forums where they have been staying for all these years.

Pirate 101 community represented their MMO, GW2 fans didn't..you lost..deal with it?

Come on, it is common knowledge that GW2 is the most perfect, balanced, bugs free game ever produced. Since last September, we all watched in wonder the dawn of a new era...the GW2 Era!

MMORPG historians have already announced a new method of time stamping all events in the world: Pre-GW2 and Post-GW2.

Actually, GW2 is now a religion and its Inquisition will sort out the heretics that voted on the heathen Pirates 101.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

Pirate 101 GOTY? DAFUQ? seriously... not sure if rigged or if the website is full of 9 y/o

And then nearly most Innovative? seriously? wow.. look at the trailer that is some serious crap.

and TESO? omg there must be no fans of the original TES games here (sadface)

I've lost all hope in the community of MMORPG.. well done.

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• MiklaiMiklai Member UncommonPosts: 2

Proxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too Maycoincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time.

Maybe no one's been talking about Pirate101 for years like GW2 because...hmm well BECAUSE P101  just launched officially live on October15th of this year. There were a few of us who were in the Beta period over the summer but my guess would be that our community was too busy trying out the game and enjoying it to be bothered about posting. Or rather posting here when we do have our own official forum that we post on.

There is no reason to be snide about the number of posts one has, either. If you would take the time to look you will see that there are several people posting that have had their accounts for longer than this particular vote has been going on and have very few posts. That does not make them any less passionate about their game(s) or make them "sock puppet accounts". I am talking about ALL the commenters. I have seen people rooting for GW2 and other games whose accounts were only started between the 12th-21st of this month. Are you calling THEM out, as well? Don't be biased when you really don't know what is going on with players and their own personal accounts.

Besides that, with some of the attitudes I've seen just in the two comment sections (this & the actual voting thread) toward P101 (& W101) players/fans, it's really no wonder that any of us would want to post on the forums here just so we can be trolled by the likes of you.

Today is Christmas after all & I hope that EVERY gamer has an enjoyable one.

My own personal Christmas blessing upon everyone is that maybe we can all learn to live with tolerance and try not to divide up the gaming communities. After all it's games & it's supposed to be fun :)

Blessed Be

SorceressMiklai

Now a 2 Post Wonder! :P

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    These results show nothing at all, game with biggest fanboys/followers get the 1st places which is why it's called PLAYER'S choice.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Pirate101 only has a few thousand players compared to the millions of players Guild Wars 2 has.
    Links to stated facts, please?

[EDIT]

Originally posted by Normandy7
    Lets look at it this way. If Pirate 101 is the best mmorpg the people voted for then you know the new generation of mmo players haven't a clue. A good example of why the mmo genre is the way it is.
    These "players" that voted for Pirate101 haven't really played or experience any other MMOs from different companies. They only know about Wizard101 and Pirate101... Any experienced gamers would tell wich game was truly Game of the Year.
    This just cracks me up.

Personally, I did not vote, because I have not tried every game on the list, so I don't think I could have voted with any kind of informed opinion.

I like how you two assume supposed facts about other gamers. You know what assuming does, right? Makes an ass of u not me.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas
    Are you bloody kidding me? Pirate101?! I played that and it definitely wasn't anywhere near GotY quality!!! It is not a good game; it's buggy, has dated-looking graphics, has the overall feel of a F2P game when it is B2P or possibly sub, and the turn-based combat has some serious issues at times! Epic fail of a poll!

If anything, it's an epic success of a poll.  We asked folks to vote, and P101's players came out to represent their game more than anyone else did. They deserve a congrats for having such a passionate fan-base.  

heuhuehue cant remove the post that was made when I tried to login. Awesome. ))

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Lol pirate101 you go girl! :D

Totally worth voting for that when EVE isn't there as it should. Also good that GW2 got it's ass beaten, wasn't worth the GOTY anyway and only reason it had a chance is because EVE wasn't there to vote for. :>

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Funny how no one mentions the multi-million dollar "fourth pillar" MMO and how it didnt get anything anywhere whatsoever..? Guess everyone's in agreement there then? image

Oh and gratz on the lego-pirates or whatever it is, maybe I should have a look at it?  image

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Kuro1n

Totally worth voting for that when EVE isn't there as it should. Also good that GW2 got it's ass beaten, wasn't worth the GOTY anyway and only reason it had a chance is because EVE wasn't there to vote for. :>

Playing anything but EVE is like getting kicked in the groin and "Thanking" the person who did it!<JK>  Well if EVE was on the list anywhere, I surely would have voted for it! But it wasnt :-/. We did get a very good family pirate game! Which I had no choice but to vote for.  It seems from the GW2 crowd does not share such enthusiam, community and freindliness as Pirate101. Which all three of those marked in red are very important to me in a MMORPG.

Games such as Lotro, Everquest,Eve, have very good communities.  I am looking foward to ESO in 2013. Hopefully the elitist,holier than thou crowd will not go to that game. As they just ruin a mmorpg for any regular gamer who does the game for the fun! Which is what gaming is all about! FUN!! Something some people I think have lost through the years of playing mmos!

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by xpowderx
    Originally posted by Kuro1n

Playing anything but EVE is like getting kicked in the groin and "Thanking" the person who did it!  Well if EVE was on the list anywhere, I surely would have voted for it! But it wasnt :-/. We did get a very good family pirate game! Which I had no choice but to vote for.  It seems from the GW2 crowd does not share such enthusiam, community and freindliness as Pirate101. Which all three of those marked in red are very important to me in a MMORPG.

Games such as Lotro, Everquest,Eve, have very good communities.  I am looking foward to ESO in 2013. Hopefully the elitist,holier than thou crowd will not go to that game. As they just ruin a mmorpg for any regular gamer who does the game for the fun! Which is what gaming is all about! FUN!! Something some people I think have lost through the years of playing mmos!

GW2 does not need any community. The only thing needed is a wallet to buy gems and trade them for in-game gold. After you buy the gear you want from TP, join silent 5-men groups and zerg the mobs (its good GW2 ettiquete to say "Hi..." when you join a party and shut up for the rest of party duration).

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Rising Star - Star Citizen..... I see what you did there!

Before someone cries foul im just making a joke about the word play of the game and the award name. I know nothing of the game and have no ill feelings towards it image

• IcyWizIcyWiz Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I vote for you as the smartest person on this thread.  :)
  • IcyWizIcyWiz Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I vote for you as the smartest person posting in this thread.